OT Central Heating

Old October 20th 04, 04:26 AM
Rrb

Victor Martinez wrote:
bonbon wrote:

Maybe Houston, with all the people, pavement, refineries, traffic,
chili cook-offs, and BBQ pits has created it's own little climate or
global warming effect and now we don't get winter anymore. (?)

Y'all don't have winter, really. Here in Central Texas winter is very
short, and it usually starts after x-mas. This week we're having record
high temperatures, in the low 90's (mid 30's in Celsius). The A/C is
going full-blast!

Depending on which direction the storm goes that is currently hitting
Southern California you might have some relief in a few days or so. Like
us the rain might be unwelcome however. Even though we are in a drought
we really could do without it. Most of the brush hasn't grown back from
the firestorm of a year ago. So we are suffering lots of mudslides and a
good amount of flooding.

Old October 20th 04, 04:48 AM
Tanada

Doe John wrote:

At what temperature do people start to turn on their central heating?
I normally wait til end of October when the daytime temp indoors is
around 55 degrees. Now it is around 57 degrees indoors in the
morning.Very cold. Catching colds constantly. I thought of turning it
on a week ago when my cat would constanty climb on top of me because I
was the best source of heat. I'm a walking elecrric blanket to
her.Feels colder now than in the past since I lost about 40 pounds
since last May.

Here at the Shirk manse, the heat goes on when it gets cold enough that
we all feel the need. Usually the outside ambient temp is in the high
forties/low fifties. However, today I arranged to buy the cord of wood
I get at the beginning of November every year.

Pam S.

Old October 20th 04, 05:15 AM
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

At the moment, here in the part of Britain where I live, high in the daytime
is 13C. There was a tornado 5 miles away last Friday. It's pretty nippy at
night. And it won't stop raining :-(

It's raining here, too, but it's even colder. Around 5C in the day.
Apparently, there was some snow even here in Southern Finland a few days
ago, but that was early in the morning and it had melted by the time I
awoke. What really gets me down this time of year is the darkness. The
sun doesn't rise until about 8 in the morning and it sets around 6 in
the evening. I miss those long light summer nights we get. Except this
summer when it rained all the time. /

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old October 20th 04, 01:51 PM
CatNipped

Houston, and I was wrong, it wasn't the high 80s yesterday, it was the mid
90s!!!

Hugs,

CatNipped

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
CatNipped wrote:
I am *SO* jealous! It was in the high 80s here today with the humidity
at
close to 100%!

Where you at again? I get confused... ;-)

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he