Almost Completely Off Topic

Old June 14th 09, 02:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

Default Almost Completely Off Topic

I should remember this be just can't.

Middle grandson is learning auto mechanics and now has a part time job
working on cars. Accompanied by the sort of grease that goes along
with such endeavors. Now fortunately while he is messy by nature, he
isn't dirty. But he is coming home covered in grease, and I need to
remember some of the things that help deal with this. (His employer
doesn't send their shirts out to a laundry as most auto shops do.
Guess he's single, because most wives won't allow them in the house or
in the family laundry)

What is the best hand cleaner for getting rid of grease while still
keeping some skin on your hands? I got some Lava soap today, but I
think I remember something better. What about for laundry? I know
the grease isn't coming out of his stuff, but I'd kind of like to not
get it on everything else.

To bring it back on topic, I'm quite sure Molly, Jake, and even Kayla
would prefer clean scritches to greasy ones.

Jo

Old June 14th 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_4_]

"Jofirey" wrote

http://www.soapitupinc.com/

Old June 14th 09, 03:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 13, 8:55*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:
[...]

I remember my dad used to use this stuff called "Gojo". It was
specifically for cleaning grease/oil and
had kind of a thick cream texture. I think you can buy it anywhere
automotive products are sold;
I did a quick google and came up with this info:
http://automotive.gojo.com/products/index.asp

I remember also it had a really weird, distinctive smell to it. I
still remember that smell though I haven't
seen the product in years.

Sherry
Old June 14th 09, 04:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen

On 2009-06-14, Jofirey wrote:

What is the best hand cleaner for getting rid of grease while still
keeping some skin on your hands?

"Goop" is a popular hand cleaner.

I don't know what laundry soap would be good.

Bud
Old June 14th 09, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

My son uses something called "Goop". We use a pre treat and era. When I do
his laundry, I throw a cup of white vinegar in with the soap. His wife has
finally decided that is a good idea. If nothing else, it helps keep the
washer clean.

Old June 14th 09, 05:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sat, 13 Jun 2009 18:55:34 -0700, "Jofirey"
wrote:

[...]

Find some Goop brand 'waterless' soap. It removes grease extremely
well. I use it with a little water and a small brush. Then use the Lava
to finish cleaning.

You can use it in the laundry, too.

Be sure to get the Goop brand. There is another brand, GoJO, but it
SMELLS, and if you use it on clothing, EVERYTHING will STINK like that
brand of 'waterless soap', that's in the washing machine.

For hand washing, Fast Orange brand also works well; but I've never
tried it on clothing. When my hands are REALLY greasy and dirty, I
always use the Goop first, and Fast Orange second.

When I did really dirty car work, I used to wear a pair of coveralls
over old clothing, so I could take off the coverall, and all the grease,
oil, and dirt are mostly on the coveralls.
Old June 14th 09, 07:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message
My son uses something called "Goop". We use a pre treat and era.
When I do his laundry, I throw a cup of white vinegar in with the
soap. His wife has finally decided that is a good idea. If nothing
else, it helps keep the washer clean.

That's the kind of thing I needed reminded to do. Otherwise you are
liable to get residual greese from his laundry of our nice stuff.

Jo

Old June 14th 09, 12:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Gojo! (WAS: Almost Completely Off Topic)

"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

To me Gojo always smelled like bananas. In fact we called it "banana goo"
when we used it at the radio station to get ink off our hands from changing
the ribbon on the old AP (Associated Press) wire. (God, that was a long
time ago... does anyone still do "rip and read" newscasting? lol) Anyway,
it works great and doesn't make your hands feel like you've been scouring
them with steel wool.

Jill

Old June 14th 09, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jun 14, 6:00*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

Jill- Hide quoted text -

Yes, that's what it was! It smelled banana-ey.
And yes, I *do* remember "rip & read" at the newspaper! Only we
subscribed
to UPI, not AP. I also remember the bell that would sound when
particularly
hot breaking news was coming in, and we'd all gather around the
machine.
Eisenhower became gravely ill on a Saturday night as we were putting
together
the Sunday a.m. edition; UPI sent the obituary, only he wasn't dead
yet and we
waited to hear that bell until the wee hours before we finished the
front page; until
the editor finally said the official words, "Let's put this puppy in
the sack." we
finished up without the story.

Sherry
Old June 14th 09, 04:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Sherry" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. You would have thought I could have remembered the name of a
product like GoJo wouldn't you?

Off to the auto store.

Jo

More zoo pics - not completely OT Marina Cat anecdotes 16 May 10th 08 10:02 PM
Not completely OT Joy Cat anecdotes 3 April 6th 07 04:54 AM
[Completely OT] ... job hunters, what would you pay for ... Monique Y. Mudama Cat anecdotes 54 July 22nd 05 11:38 PM
COMPLETELY OT Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 91 April 17th 05 02:08 PM
Completely OT but.... Karen Cat anecdotes 10 January 14th 05 06:33 PM