how to create a kittycat explosion...

Old March 9th 05, 06:47 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

Default how to create a kittycat explosion...

Just open a container of yoghurt (or of pudding) anywhere in the
house... the cats will explode out of wherever they're hiding and
stampede to the source of the sound.

What's really funny is that they'll also come running at the sound of
ANY opening foil packet, whether it contains food or not. I don't
think they REALLY wanted to eat my new dishclothes... well, maybe they
did but that's a different story (they're dishcloth theives of the
first order!)

What brings your cats running?
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
*remove 'nospam' to reply
Old March 9th 05, 07:03 PM
Gabey8

LOL!

In this house, anything that even remotely resembles the sound of shaking
a container of dry cat food will bring you two mrrping striped
companions.

Case in point: my husband gave a vigorous shaking to the carton of Silk
(soy milk -- an alternative to milk for the lactose-intolerant). Captain
and Stanley practically TELEPORTED into the kitchen. DH thought it was so
funny, he shook the living daylights out of the Silk just to see what the
cats would do. They kept watching him, certain that this shaking noise was
going to eventually lead to dishes of dry cat food being produced.

A minute or two later, when he actually poured the Silk into his coffee,
it had a foamy froth on top. SEVERAL minutes later, when I poured it into
MY coffee, I got a layer of froth, too.

And the poor kitties eventually went away bewildered, wondering what
happened to the part of the process where they get fed cat food after
being summoned by the sound of something being shaken. ;o) Poor guys. Good
thing their dishes already had crunchies in them prior to all this.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old March 9th 05, 07:38 PM
jmcquown

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
(snipped cute story)
What brings your cats running?
~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com

LOL The sound of *anything* crinkly. Waxed paper in boxes of crackers;
chips, toilet paper, foil; the sound of the pantry door opening. The sound
of the oven opening... well, that's just gotta be for Persia!

Jill

Jill

Old March 9th 05, 07:48 PM
Katz

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

What brings your cats running?

LOL. For Daisy, aka Miss Piggy, the crinkling of a Doritos bag.

Katz, Doritos fan

Old March 9th 05, 08:01 PM
Karen

Heh. When I saw this title I thought of an explosion *away* and thought
sneezes. Not now, because Pearl doesn't bat an eye, but it used to be if
Grant and Sugar were sitting on me and I sneezed, it was like a kitty
explosion.

Old March 9th 05, 08:12 PM
Gabey8

[[Heh. When I saw this title I thought of an explosion *away* and thought
sneezes. Not now, because Pearl doesn't bat an eye, but it used to be if
Grant and Sugar were sitting on me and I sneezed, it was like a kitty
explosion.]]

Oh, now if you want to create THAT sort of explosion, you could have cats
in the same room as I am when there's a hockey game on TV. I've been known
to cheer vigorously, and also protest referee calls vehemently, while
watching a game on television.

Ditto for my friend, Donna, the one I requested purrs for when her elderly
cat went to the RB a few days ago. She coined the phrase "hockey wings" to
describe the reaction of cats at rest when their Meowmy suddenly lets out
a loud noise. )

Well, Melody and Harmony, bless them, both had their hockey wings bestowed
on them years ago. They're probably comparing notes at the RB right now
with other kities whose Meowmies and Paws watched sports on TV.

Captain and Stanley, on the other hand, haven't seen me watch a pro hockey
game on TV yet, because the NHL is locked out in a labor dispute. So they
haven't got hockey wings yet.

However, that might change tonight. There is a rare televised road game
for the Philadelphia Phantoms, our minor-league local hockey team, for
which DH and I are season ticket holders. So the kitties are finally going
to witness me in the act of watching a televised hockey game. This could
be interesting. D I'll have to report later on how many cat-shaped dents
in the ceiling DH has to repair. ;o)

Donna, Captain, and Stanley

Old March 9th 05, 09:21 PM
Shiral

Oh, let's see,

1. Refrigerator door opening

2. Paper bags crumpling.

3. The sound of bread going into the toaster.

4. Cupboard doors opening, especially those with squeaky hinges.

5.Plastic bags rustling.

6. "Kitty Breakfast/Kitty Supper!"

7.flour being brushed off a counter

8. The vaguest possibility of an insect sneezing

9.Milk being poured into my teacup.

10.The tea biscuit box being opened.

If they haven't heard it before, it has at least the potential of
leading toward a meal, or at least a kitty snack, and they follow it
up. =o)

Melissa

Old March 9th 05, 09:43 PM
Ted Davis

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 13:47:59 -0500, Karen AKA Kajikit
wrote:

Just open a container of yoghurt (or of pudding) anywhere in the
house... the cats will explode out of wherever they're hiding and
stampede to the source of the sound.

That's an *implosion* - an explosion is when half a dozen cats are
quietly minding their own businesses in a fairly small area and
something sends all six of them running at near Mach 1 in about eight
different directions.

What's really funny is that they'll also come running at the sound of
ANY opening foil packet, whether it contains food or not. I don't
think they REALLY wanted to eat my new dishclothes... well, maybe they
did but that's a different story (they're dishcloth theives of the
first order!)

What brings your cats running?

Any clattering of dishes or other kitchen activity brings Millie.
Taking a bowl down from the caminet brings several more. Seating the
can opener on a can of anything brings Millie, Ozy, and Avery, the
last two only if they are inside. Getting four bowls down and lining
them up on the counter brings about half a dozen (this is step one in
*tuna*). Actually opening several cans of tuna brings all but one or
two into the kitchen, some from hundreds of feet away outside. The
other two usually show up within ten minutes or so.

T.E.D. )
Old March 9th 05, 10:02 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 15:43:36 -0600, Ted Davis
yodeled:

wrote:

Just open a container of yoghurt (or of pudding) anywhere in the
house... the cats will explode out of wherever they're hiding and
stampede to the source of the sound.

That's an *implosion* - an explosion is when half a dozen cats are
quietly minding their own businesses in a fairly small area and
something sends all six of them running at near Mach 1 in about eight
different directions.

hee hee "The Big Bang"

[...]

Theresa
Old March 9th 05, 11:50 PM
Enfilade

What brings your cats running?

Smokey's hideous caterwaul that heralds the dawn.

mmrrrRRRrrrrOWOWmrOWmryowYOWmrOW.....

The others now know that when Smokey begins his tune, the humans will
not be able to tolerate it long, and soon will be going to the kitchen
to open cans of gooshy food and fill water dishes and kibble bowls.

As for Smokey, what brings HIM running is a possible contact on the
Sandwich Radar, and/or the pizza guy.

--Fil