Less biting from Buffy

Old May 29th 05, 11:29 AM
Lots42

Default Less biting from Buffy

I have discovered that simple hissing when Buffy the kitty bites to
hard is having an amazing success. Now Buffy doesn't clamp down as hard
-nearly- as oftern. Nibbles and licks instead of 'I like human flesh
bleagh!'.

Old May 29th 05, 01:50 PM
badwilson

Lots42 wrote:
I have discovered that simple hissing when Buffy the kitty bites to
hard is having an amazing success. Now Buffy doesn't clamp down as
hard -nearly- as oftern. Nibbles and licks instead of 'I like human
flesh bleagh!'.

Excellent! I found that hissing and yelling "ouch" really worked with
Vino. He still likes to knaw on hands, but it is never hard or
painful.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old May 29th 05, 03:25 PM
Kreisleriana

On 29 May 2005 03:29:30 -0700, "Lots42" yodeled:

I have discovered that simple hissing when Buffy the kitty bites to
hard is having an amazing success. Now Buffy doesn't clamp down as hard
-nearly- as oftern. Nibbles and licks instead of 'I like human flesh
bleagh!'.

Great! Do we ever get to see pics of Buffy.

Theresa
Old May 29th 05, 05:01 PM
Bill Stock

"Lots42" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have discovered that simple hissing when Buffy the kitty bites to
hard is having an amazing success. Now Buffy doesn't clamp down as hard
-nearly- as oftern. Nibbles and licks instead of 'I like human flesh
bleagh!'.

When we got Cali from the rescue home, she had been in a bedroom with three
other cats for about three months. The exposure to the other cats and the
limited human interaction made her a biter. We found that just telling her
"NO" when she would bite was enough to get her to stop. She just needed to
learn that biting wasn't acceptable with people.

On the bright side, the person who was supposed to take her, did not want
her because of the biting. She has turned out to be a great cat, it just
took a little patience to socialize her.

Old May 29th 05, 10:24 PM
Gabey8

[[Lots42 wrote:
I have discovered that simple hissing when Buffy the kitty bites to
hard is having an amazing success. Now Buffy doesn't clamp down as
hard -nearly- as oftern. Nibbles and licks instead of 'I like human
flesh bleagh!'.

Excellent! I found that hissing and yelling "ouch" really worked with
Vino. He still likes to knaw on hands, but it is never hard or
painful.]]

On a similar note, I started to exclaim, "Ouch!" whenever a spark of
static shocked both my hand and Harmony(RB)'s nose. Prior to that, she'd
get mad when static got her on the nose.

Once I started to exclaim when we got a mutual zap from static, she didn't
sulk anymore. I guess that showed her that the shock wasn't my doing, nor
did it feel nice on my end of the zap.

Donna, Captain, and Stanley (neither of whom has gotten a static shock in
a while, thank goodness)

Old May 30th 05, 03:59 PM
Lots42

I'll -try- with pictures of Buffy but since my net connection is more
confusing and annoying then an episode of 'Malcolm In the Middle' I
can't garuntee anything.