I, for one, ain't leaving!

Old September 7th 05, 04:11 AM

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
The house we moved into after that, had a very nice "something".
Always thought it was the skeleton we found bricked up in a closet
(yep, it was removed and given a "decent" burial, but our friend never
left while we were there).

snipped

WHAT??!!! You found a human skeleton bricked up in your closet? How
long ago was it put there? Did you ever find out who it was?

Sherry

Old September 7th 05, 04:32 AM
badwilson

Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
The house we moved into after that, had a very nice "something".
Always thought it was the skeleton we found bricked up in a closet
(yep, it was removed and given a "decent" burial, but our friend

never
left while we were there).

Oh my. I don't know if I could live in a house where I'd found a
skeleton. I thought it was bad that we found a discarded snake skin
behind the dresser when we moved into this house! But a human
skeleton?!? Uh uh.
This actually reminds me of a story I read in Saturday's Bangkok Post.
Apparently they are putting up some sort of statue in Phuket which is
supposed to drive off all the ghosts of the people who died in the
Tsunami. Asians really believe in ghosts and are always scared of
them. So tourism from Japan, Korea, etc... has dropped to almost zero
in the region because of the fear of Tsunami victim ghosts. This is
killing the economy, etc. Hopefully the statue will help matters.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown

Old September 7th 05, 08:37 AM
Yoj

"Enfilade" wrote in message
oups.com...

PS- those who adhere to a faith other thn Christianity - what does

your
religion teach about animals and hte afterlife? I don't think Wicca

makes a
strong stand either way...

Back when I practiced Wicca I didn't find anything approaching an
"official teaching" on the subject. But then I was a Solitary

practicing
with the help of a bunch of books.

Well, Wicca has only a few official teachings, and most of them center
around an idea that the earth and its creatures are holy, that all
living things are interconnected, that what you do affects all the
other living things around you, etc.

And to me, to see the earth and its creatures as holy, and humans as
holy, well that implies to me we all have souls, and we're all made of
the same magick, as it were.

So I figure that whatever's on the Other Side, there will most
assuredly be cats there.

--Fil

There had better be, or I ain't going!

Joy

Old September 7th 05, 02:11 PM
JBHajos

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 08:58:02 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

"Helen Miles" wrote:
loved one
has moved into a different plane of existence. They are still
present in your life, and they are still around, albeit not in
visible form.

I like the beginning of the journey part, but if they're still around
you but invisible, isn't that sort of scary?

Gee, I don't think "ghosts" are scary. I know *mine* aren't. I
very often feel a "presence" watching me and "advising." My husband
never once hurt me, physically or verbally, in our life together; why
would he be hostile now? Nothing to fear - in fact, a delight and a
happy occasion when he is near.

Jeanne

True, but you knew your husband! Try moving into a place with a "ghost" you
don't know

Jill

Oh. I thought we were talking about "loved ones" and people we do
know. I think even "strangers" would be more benign, I doubt most are

Amityville types.

jbh
Old September 7th 05, 10:38 PM
jmcquown

wrote:

"Helen Miles" wrote:
[...]

Well, we were. But I moved into a place once, very short term, with a
rather scary ghost type. From the sound of the bootsteps on the hardwood
floor, he was a big guy and he always let the wooden screen door slam. I'm
guessing he didn't wipe off his boots before he came in, either I never
had a good feeling about being in that place by myself. It felt malevolent
rather than benevolent.

Jill

Old September 10th 05, 12:10 AM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

badwilson wrote:
Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
The house we moved into after that, had a very nice "something".
Always thought it was the skeleton we found bricked up in a closet
(yep, it was removed and given a "decent" burial, but our friend

never
left while we were there).

Oh my. I don't know if I could live in a house where I'd found a
skeleton. I thought it was bad that we found a discarded snake skin
behind the dresser when we moved into this house! But a human
skeleton?!? Uh uh.

Well, when we moved in, we didn't know that he was there, and we moved
in November, so we missed his August "visits". I always wondered
(until we "noticed" him after the first month) why the rent was so
cheap ($300 per month, house had a full basement, full ground and
second floors, and an attic that ran the whole length and width of the
house).

Of course, my favorite thing (aside from whatever it was) was the
"front" door on the second floor, I just loved walking out that door in
the winter (beat having to shovel all that snow).

This actually reminds me of a story I read in Saturday's Bangkok Post.
Apparently they are putting up some sort of statue in Phuket which is
supposed to drive off all the ghosts of the people who died in the
Tsunami. Asians really believe in ghosts and are always scared of
them. So tourism from Japan, Korea, etc... has dropped to almost zero
in the region because of the fear of Tsunami victim ghosts. This is
killing the economy, etc. Hopefully the statue will help matters.
--
Britta
"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast." -- Unknown
Check out pictures of Vino at:

There are beliefs by alot of cultures in the "residue" (for lack of
better word) of those passed. Most view them with fear, but some view
the "residue" as a comfort, knowing their ancestors are watching over
them.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old September 10th 05, 01:59 AM
Cat man

hello? what are you talking about?

They're leaving again - party at our house Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 5 August 20th 05 01:11 PM
I'm leaving now Marina Cat anecdotes 8 March 24th 05 06:17 PM
Leaving for Canada badwilson Cat anecdotes 8 October 9th 04 03:31 AM
Leaving the cat while I am away for a long time Lipgor Cat health & behaviour 10 December 10th 03 04:08 PM
leaving the cats alone.... Pat Rabideau Cat health & behaviour 8 August 7th 03 02:26 PM