55 degrees not cold enough for cats?

Old September 27th 05, 08:07 AM
Kiran

Default 55 degrees not cold enough for cats?

We had 55 deg tonight. I had to shut the windows in the bedroom.
However, my cat kept sneaking to her beloved porch. I brought her in
twice thinking she might get cold, but she sneaked out each time.
Finally, I put a light throw on her, but she escaped that too. Avoiding
all of the bedding I have arraned for her, she slept on the bare wooden
floor of our open porch (it has a roof, but open sides). So I guess 55
degrees is no big deal for a cat?
Old September 27th 05, 01:23 PM
GregRo

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 07:07:01 GMT, Kiran wrote:

We had 55 deg tonight. I had to shut the windows in the bedroom.
However, my cat kept sneaking to her beloved porch. I brought her in
twice thinking she might get cold, but she sneaked out each time.
Finally, I put a light throw on her, but she escaped that too. Avoiding
all of the bedding I have arraned for her, she slept on the bare wooden
floor of our open porch (it has a roof, but open sides). So I guess 55
degrees is no big deal for a cat?

My cat goes out when it 20 degrees and lays on top of the cat house
during the day. He does not like snow.

Don't tell me to keep the cat in. He is part stray

Greg Ro
Old September 27th 05, 08:26 PM
223rem

Kiran wrote:
We had 55 deg tonight. I had to shut the windows in the bedroom.
However, my cat kept sneaking to her beloved porch. I brought her in
twice thinking she might get cold, but she sneaked out each time.
Finally, I put a light throw on her, but she escaped that too.

You're joking, right? Or maybe trolling?
Old September 27th 05, 08:37 PM
No More Retail

NO 223rem she ain't trolling just a typical person that needs a sweater or
jacket in the office

My wife bundles up when it get below 60 she hates me i open the doors and
windows up and turn the fans on to finally excape the florida heat

Old September 27th 05, 09:08 PM
Kiran

223rem wrote:
: Kiran wrote:
: We had 55 deg tonight. I had to shut the windows in the bedroom.
: However, my cat kept sneaking to her beloved porch. I brought her in
: twice thinking she might get cold, but she sneaked out each time.
: Finally, I put a light throw on her, but she escaped that too.
:
: You're joking, right? Or maybe trolling?

No, but I must accept that I am a warm weather person who just
happened to end up in a cold place.
Old September 27th 05, 09:18 PM
223rem

Kiran wrote:
223rem wrote:
: Kiran wrote:
: We had 55 deg tonight. I had to shut the windows in the bedroom.
: However, my cat kept sneaking to her beloved porch. I brought her in
: twice thinking she might get cold, but she sneaked out each time.
: Finally, I put a light throw on her, but she escaped that too.
:
: You're joking, right? Or maybe trolling?

No, but I must accept that I am a warm weather person who just
happened to end up in a cold place.

OK, sorry then. Stop trying to control your cat, she knows best when she's cold
or hot or hungry, or bored, etc.
Old September 28th 05, 06:30 AM
Kiran

223rem wrote:

: Stop trying to control your cat, she knows best when she's
: cold or hot or hungry, or bored, etc.

I am now only looking at offering her a warmer alternative. In the end
it will be up to her to use it or not or when.
Old September 28th 05, 07:49 AM
223rem

Kiran wrote:
223rem wrote:

: Stop trying to control your cat, she knows best when she's
: cold or hot or hungry, or bored, etc.

I am now only looking at offering her a warmer alternative. In the end
it will be up to her to use it or not or when.

At my granparents' farm (climate: hot summers and cold, snowy winters) there
was a rule: no animals allowed inside. And all animals (dogs, cats, pigs,
ducks, horses, etc) did just fine without being pampered and fussed over.
Old September 30th 05, 04:58 PM
Jo Firey

"Kiran" wrote in message
We had 55 deg tonight. I had to shut the windows in the bedroom.
However, my cat kept sneaking to her beloved porch. I brought her in
twice thinking she might get cold, but she sneaked out each time.
Finally, I put a light throw on her, but she escaped that too. Avoiding
all of the bedding I have arraned for her, she slept on the bare wooden
floor of our open porch (it has a roof, but open sides). So I guess 55
degrees is no big deal for a cat?

There was a huge Tom that lived outdoors in a trailer park where we lived in
Alaska. He would sleep under warm cars or sneak under trailers at night.
Scavenged food from the dumpsters. Big and orange and would not let a human
near him.

Next spring every kitten born for miles around looked just like him.

Jo

Old October 3rd 05, 03:19 AM
dopekitty

Jo Firey wrote:
"Kiran" wrote in message

We had 55 deg tonight. I had to shut the windows in the bedroom.
However, my cat kept sneaking to her beloved porch. I brought her in
twice thinking she might get cold, but she sneaked out each time.
Finally, I put a light throw on her, but she escaped that too. Avoiding
all of the bedding I have arraned for her, she slept on the bare wooden
floor of our open porch (it has a roof, but open sides). So I guess 55
degrees is no big deal for a cat?

There was a huge Tom that lived outdoors in a trailer park where we lived in
Alaska. He would sleep under warm cars or sneak under trailers at night.
Scavenged food from the dumpsters. Big and orange and would not let a human
near him.

Next spring every kitten born for miles around looked just like him.

Jo

This reminds me of a cat i used to see around in my neighborhood when i
lived in fredericton. There was this huge black and white lonhair that
apparently had been abandoned a few yrs previous. He slept outside all
the time, but would climb into the window wells when it was really cold.
We used to put food and blankets in the window well of our basement
for him. He seemed to have one constant girlfriend though, and her
stupid owners let her have at least three litters that i know of, every
one of them fathered by him, the kittens were adorable.

Kristy