[OT] Tips for Coping

Old December 15th 04, 07:21 AM
mlbriggs

On Sun, 05 Dec 2004 07:16:11 +0000, Yoj wrote:

Marie, I just have to ask - where in Oz are you? I have a friend from
another newsgroup, also named Marie, who lives in Yamba.

--
Joy

Things turn out best for the people who make the best out of the way
things turn out.
-- John Wooden

"Marie Lawrence" wrote in message
u...
My dear mother, who died at age 93, used to say to me, "you know,

it's not
much fun to be old" At 76, with arthritis now, I understand what

she
meant !

Marie in OZ

"CatNipped" wrote in message
wrote in message

I do miss more "fun" exercising - I used to ride my bike all the

time,
go hiking regularly, swim laps, and go dancing. But I have a lot

more
pain now than I did when I was younger, so I don't enjoy those

things
the way I used to. Walking is the best thing for me, and I walk

miles
on that treadmill!

Joyce

I know exactly what you mean. I had cartilage removed from my right

knee
when I smashed it in a skating accident when I was young - then the

left
knee got bad (I think from favoring the lame right one). Then,

since I
had
been overweight my whole life, my hips and back started giving me

problems
starting about 5 or 10 years ago. So, exercise is anything but

enjoyable
since it hurts the whole time I'm doing it. I do it now just for

the
health
benefits and not the fun it used to be when I was younger. Man it

sucks
be old!!! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Marie Lawrence: I get startled every time I see your name -- my

maiden name but I'm not from OZ. One time, driving across the U.S. i
happened to look up my name in the telephone book in a big city. There
were at least 22 of them with every variation I could use also.

By any chance, do you have a kitty named Princess?

Old December 15th 04, 10:08 AM
Marie Lawrence

No I don't have a cat called Princess. I have lots of others, but no
Princess I'm afraid.

Marie from OZ

news