Decorating the Tree With Mommy

Old January 2nd 05, 01:58 AM
CatNipped

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Jean Hobbs" wrote in message
reading this conversation, I must say I met a lovely little girl on the
train
the other night, when coming back from a visit toVicky, she was 18 and
looked about15 and I thought to myself that she was very much like the

18
yr
olds of my generation, we were not so self assured as even some of the

16
yr
olds of roday, she was so sweet too asked me if I needed help off the
train,
nothank you are you ok ? do you want me to walk you out of the station?
and she still had a long bus journey to Ashfield. I told her I was ok,
but I thought she was a really sweet girl, and I was happy to have met
her.
Jean.P.

We are told so much how awful today's teenagers are that we can become
afraid of them. Most of them are lovely, like this girl was.
It's just the minority that spoil it.
A few weeks ago, I was weeding my front garden. Kitty came out to help,

but
she spotted a couple of girls across the street. Scritch tart that she

is,
she went over to them. They sat on the sidewalk and petted her for ages.

kept on trying to get my garden under control.whilst watching my cat.
One of the girls came over to me and said very politely "Excuse me, do

you
know who this cat might belong to?"
I said "Yes, she's mine.."
However....it was not very long later that these two girls found a dog

that
was was missing, came to my house to borrow a lead for it, and got it back
to its owner. It had been panicked by something and run away the previous
day. The owners were ecstatic to get him back.
That's teenagers for you.
They are just awful.

Tweed

Sigh, I just think it's our media that is *ruining* the world we live in by
only reporting the bad things that happen and the bad people that do them -
they think that sells more dish detergent. *I* think that people would
*love* to hear about the good things that happen and the good people
(including teenagers) that do them and that are clearly in a majority out
there. I think people are becoming cynical by listening to the media and
believing their slant on things when even going out to your local store and
talking to strangers will disprove all the bad things they're saying.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old January 2nd 05, 10:34 PM
Tanada

Christina Websell wrote:

We are told so much how awful today's teenagers are that we can become
afraid of them. Most of them are lovely, like this girl was.
It's just the minority that spoil it.

I have been asked so many times why I prefer to work with High School
students rather than at the Grade School level. Well, first of all, I'm
not a huggy type person. I also like to concentrate on one subject a
day, even though I like the variety of subbing, as I teach just about
everything (automotive technology is quite a challenge though). But the
big reason is the I really like teenagers. There are what I call the 5%
minority who give everyone a bad name, but the other 95% more than make
up for it.

BTW we were at the local grocery store picking up a few cat treats and
toys to take to TED to thank them for all they did for Berfert, when a
young man came up to us and asked me if I substitute at Jack Britt HS.
I cautiously told him yes, as I've received a couple of "you're an evil
s**t" messages in the past. He then asked if I'd worked for one of the
teachers. I told him yes, that she's one of my favorite teachers to
work for. Then he told me that I was the best substitute teacher that
he's ever had and that he appreciates how much I did to help them when I
was in his classroom. I'm still walking on air to know I made a
positive difference in this young man's life.

Pam S.

Old January 3rd 05, 10:02 AM
polonca12000

I'm so happy for you, Pam, you really deserve it!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
link.net...
snipThen he told me that I was the best substitute teacher that

Old January 17th 05, 11:59 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "polonca12000"
wrote:

I'm so happy for you, Pam, you really deserve it!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
hlink.net...
snipThen he told me that I was the best substitute teacher that
he's ever had and that he appreciates how much I did to help them when

was in his classroom. I'm still walking on air to know I made a
positive difference in this young man's life.

Pam S.

Thats really great Pam!
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")