Holiday Cards (Felinitations)

Old October 3rd 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Default Holiday Cards (Felinitations)

moonglow minnow wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
"Yowie" wrote:

Would referring to this mailing ritual many of us indulge in as the
"Annual Greeting Card Exchange" work for you, or have I put my foot
in it again?

I would be happy with that, however if anyone would like to send me
a card, I would like it to be a Christmas card. 25th December is a
Christian festival after all.
I'm not trying to be difficult, but sometimes it seems so
unfashionable to be a Christian and I don't like that.

While I'd love to send you a card, Tweed, if we both end up on this
year's list (did you get my email, Yowie?), I can't guarantee that it
would be a Christmas card due to the way I'd be sending out cards. I
could try to send you a card relating to the nearest Christian
holiday, but it would seem inappropriate to be sending you a
Christmas card if I get to your part of the list in, say, August.

Maeve ^..^ stretched thin around Christmas

I've decided to withdraw from the list this year. No way would I send a
Christmas card as I find a belief in any deity a ridiculous superstition.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old October 4th 09, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 3, 3:13*pm, "Adrian" wrote:
moonglow minnow wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
"Yowie" wrote:

[...]

Oh, Adrian. Don't withdraw yourself from something you've enjoyed for
many
years because of one person. It's all so.....petty.
The cards I bought (thought I haven't participated in a while) usually
had a cat on
them and the sentiment inside usually wished the receiver Happy
Holidays,
good health, and prosperity in the new year. Or Peace on Earth, etc.
etc.

Would you call *that* a Christmas card? Or does it have to be a very
religious
card with scriptures on it to be classified a "Christmas Card"? Who
knows?
Who really cares? Perhaps the person who is dictating what type of
card they
would like to receive would care to provide an example.

See how silly it all sounds? All this discussion has just ickied up a
really nice tradition.

Sherry
Old October 4th 09, 01:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
David Stevenson

Christina Websell wrote
I would be happy with that, however if anyone would like to send me a card,
I would like it to be a Christmas card. 25th December is a Christian
festival after all.
I'm not trying to be difficult, but sometimes it seems so unfashionable to
be a Christian and I don't like that.

I am not a Christian, but to me only Christmas cards matter or count.
You do not have ot be a Christian to celebrate Christmas.

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.org/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old October 4th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Oct 3, 1:13*pm, "Adrian" wrote:

I've decided to withdraw from the list this year.

You'll still be on my card list and I'm afraid it's a Christmas card-
it's to support the CPL through so is that okay? I'll cross out the
message just for you.

I like Christmas through what I don't like is that already shops are
starting to sell cards and chocolate tree decorations and I got
invited to the office Christmas party last week! I don't necessarily
like it as a religious festival through as much as a time to take a
long break from the daily grind, we have our own "traditions" .like
Xmas Day lunch time in the "Bells", open house on Boxing Day, buying
presents two days after Christmas as I don't go down to see the family
until afterwards so I take advantage of the sales (I only have so much
to spend-this way they get much better presents!), going down to see
my brother and my niece and of course the New Year;s eve party

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 5th 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Adrian" wrote in message
om...
moonglow minnow wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
"Yowie" wrote:

[...]

Please don't withdraw from the list. You don't have to send to everyone on
da list. Just the ones you feel comfortable with. There are plenty of
people who don't send cards to us every year and I have no problems with
that. I figure that expecting someone to have to send you a card is just
cruel and unusual punishment.

Pam S. who has a hard time remembering to just get the cards gathered, let
alone sent out.

Old October 5th 09, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Adrian wrote:

I've decided to withdraw from the list this year. No way would I send a
Christmas card as I find a belief in any deity a ridiculous superstition.

I had planned to try and participate this year, but I'm having second
thoughts, too. All the fun seems to have gone out of it.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.