What goes up

Old April 18th 12, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Default What goes up

Yesterday morning as I was getting dressed for work, Sarsi was playing
with something on the floor- she kept looking at me asking if I'd mind
throwing it so I picked it up it was a tiny bit of polystyrene so i
took aim- Sarsi immediately got ready to run and I threw it. Alas it
didn't fly very far at all and came to land behind her.....

She spent the next two minutes or so staring at the ceiling waiting
for it to land...

When I stopped laughing I picked it up and dropped it on her head so
she could kill it

I just had a vision of her singing that old song "What goes up must
come down"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old April 18th 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Lesley Madigan wrote:

Yesterday morning as I was getting dressed for work, Sarsi was playing
with something on the floor- she kept looking at me asking if I'd mind
throwing it so I picked it up it was a tiny bit of polystyrene so i
took aim- Sarsi immediately got ready to run and I threw it. Alas it
didn't fly very far at all and came to land behind her.....

She spent the next two minutes or so staring at the ceiling waiting
for it to land...

When I stopped laughing I picked it up and dropped it on her head so
she could kill it

This happens sometimes when I throw something lightweight for Licky to
chase. It goes about 2 feet and lands somewhere between me and him. He
always looks so disappointed, I feel like I've let him down.

--
Joyce

"Riveting reading that keeps readers reading."
-- The Midwest Book Review

Old April 18th 12, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley Madigan" wrote in message
Yesterday morning as I was getting dressed for work, Sarsi was playing
with something on the floor- she kept looking at me asking if I'd mind
throwing it so I picked it up it was a tiny bit of polystyrene so i
took aim- Sarsi immediately got ready to run and I threw it. Alas it
didn't fly very far at all and came to land behind her.....

She spent the next two minutes or so staring at the ceiling waiting
for it to land...

When I stopped laughing I picked it up and dropped it on her head so
she could kill it

I just had a vision of her singing that old song "What goes up must
come down"

Aw, that's really sweet!

Tweed

Old April 18th 12, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Lesley Madigan wrote:
Yesterday morning as I was getting dressed for work, Sarsi was playing
with something on the floor- she kept looking at me asking if I'd mind
throwing it so I picked it up it was a tiny bit of polystyrene so i
took aim- Sarsi immediately got ready to run and I threw it. Alas it
didn't fly very far at all and came to land behind her.....

She spent the next two minutes or so staring at the ceiling waiting
for it to land...

When I stopped laughing I picked it up and dropped it on her head so
she could kill it

I just had a vision of her singing that old song "What goes up must
come down"

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

LOL They can always entertain us. :-)
--
Adrian
Old April 18th 12, 11:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Lesley Madigan wrote:

Yesterday morning as I was getting dressed for work, Sarsi was playing
with something on the floor- she kept looking at me asking if I'd mind
throwing it so I picked it up it was a tiny bit of polystyrene so i
took aim- Sarsi immediately got ready to run and I threw it. Alas it
didn't fly very far at all and came to land behind her.....

She spent the next two minutes or so staring at the ceiling waiting
for it to land...

I don't know what Sarsi's intelligence level is, and I certainly don't
want to step on any toes, but this does remind me of the Shih Tsu some
friends of mine had several years ago. I'm sorry to say, but this dog
was dumb as a post. When my friends would have dinner, she would stare
intently at the floor by the table, waiting for food to magically appear.
Food did occasionally appear, if someone happened to drop a morsel, by
accident or not. But apparently the doggie didn't understand the concept
of the food dropping *down* from above her. I guess she thought it just
popped up out of the carpet.

I'm sure Sarsi is much smarter than that, generally speaking, but she
did haave a similarly wrong idea about where the object originated.

--
Joyce - hiding in case Lesley is coming after me...

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:
"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old April 19th 12, 09:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Apr 18, 11:30*pm, Bastette wrote:

I'm sure Sarsi is much smarter than that, generally speaking, but she
did haave a similarly wrong idea about where the object originated.

she's normally a very intelligent cat perhaps she'd only just woken
up- I'm that dumb before my coffee myself