(OT) House for Sale (mine)

Old April 9th 12, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default (OT) House for Sale (mine)

The "association" where I live finally got on my last nerve. John is here
visiting. Since I have to pay to eat at the club (whether I actually eat
there or not) we decided to go there for lunch on Saturday. The weather has
been slightly cooler due to lots of rain, so we were wearing blue jeans.
Oh, sorry, you're not allowed to wear denim.

As you may have guessed, I have a temper It's bad enough they charge me
to eat food I haven't eaten and for amenities I don't use. Now you're going
to tell me how to dress?! I don't *think so*! As we stormed out I was
yelling at the top of my lungs. F*** you people! You're not getting
another dime from me! An elderly couple happened to be walking up as we
left and she had the nerve to "shush" me. I'm normally very polite but she
picked the wrong moment to attempt to correct me.

So I've listed my house for sale on zillow.com. Know anyone who wants to
buy a house in South Carolina where they try to control every aspect of your
life AND charge you for the privilege?

Jill

Old April 9th 12, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Apr 9, 10:37*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
.. *Know anyone who wants to
buy a house in South Carolina where they try to control every aspect of your
life AND charge you for the privilege?

Nope and if put that in the advert I don't see many takers

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 10th 12, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On 2012-04-09, jmcquown wrote:

So I've listed my house for sale on zillow.com. Know anyone who wants to
buy a house in South Carolina where they try to control every aspect of your
life AND charge you for the privilege?

Beware of restaurants with white tablecloths.

Good luck with the sale. At least you don't have a mortgage around your
neck and can get away free as a bird.

BTW, the people across the street from me have listed their house for
$419,000. Astonishing. At least there is no homeowners' association
to contend with.

Bud

Old April 10th 12, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

m...
On 2012-04-09, jmcquown wrote:

So I've listed my house for sale on zillow.com. Know anyone who wants to
buy a house in South Carolina where they try to control every aspect of
your
life AND charge you for the privilege?

Beware of restaurants with white tablecloths.

Good luck with the sale. At least you don't have a mortgage around your
neck and can get away free as a bird.

BTW, the people across the street from me have listed their house for
$419,000. Astonishing. At least there is no homeowners' association
to contend with.

Bud

Is it astonishing because of how high it is, or how low it is? I see prices
for homes now that boggle my mind, because I've been in the same house for
over 40 years, and the price we paid for this house bears no relation to
home prices nowadays.

Joy

Old April 10th 12, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Joy wrote:

"William Hamblen" wrote in message

BTW, the people across the street from me have listed their house for
$419,000. Astonishing. At least there is no homeowners' association
to contend with.

Is it astonishing because of how high it is, or how low it is?

LOL, I was going to ask the same question! Of course, I don't know how
big the house Bud is talking about is, but in my neck of the woods, $419K
would buy a smallish house in a pretty good neighborhood. It was *much*
worse (ie, prices were much higher) before the 2008 crash.

--
Joyce

audiophile, n:
Someone who listens to the equipment instead of the music.
Old April 10th 12, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
news[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Good luck ! I hope you sell it soon , take the money and run!

Old April 10th 12, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
William Hamblen[_2_]

On 2012-04-09, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Astonishingly high. It feels like it should only be half that much.

Bud

Old April 10th 12, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 2012-04-09, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

It seemed high to me, but one never knows. I've been told my house is worth
seven to ten times what we paid for it.

Joy

Old April 10th 12, 10:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

. ..
On 2012-04-09, jmcquown wrote:

So I've listed my house for sale on zillow.com. Know anyone who wants
buy a house in South Carolina where they try to control every aspect of
your life AND charge you for the privilege?

Beware of restaurants with white tablecloths.

The sad thing is, the "dining room" we were trying to have lunch in is
called The Pub. No white tablecloths in site. Lots of leather, heavy
wooden tables and a big wooden bar. Who ever heard of not being allowed to
wear denim in a pub?!

Good luck with the sale. At least you don't have a mortgage around your
neck and can get away free as a bird.

Thanks. And you're right about the no-mortgage thing... but the
wind/hail/flood insurance is coming due and that runs in the thousands.
Meanwhile I'm going to ignore the monthly "club bill". I refuse to pay
these fidiots another dime. We'll see how long it takes to get a nibble. I
am amazed at how many houses on my street are listed on Zillow. Apparently
I'm not the only one who wants to get the hell out of Dodge!

Jill

Old April 10th 12, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On 04/09/2012 11:37 AM, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

The only thing that surprised me is that you waited so long. IMHO you
should also consult witha good lawyer -- one who has had experience
with HOAs. Best wishes. MLB