Did I post this already?

Old April 21st 12, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Did I post this already?

I thought I posted a link to a page that has a bunch of cute pictures
of dogs and cats being good buddies. But when I came back to RPCA an
hour or so later, I couldn't find the post.

.... I rechecked, and I found that my post, and two responses, had been
killfiled for some reason. I do have an item in my filter that contains
the words "Cats and" in the subject line for RPCA. (My post was titled
"Cats and dogs - BFFS".) Maybe that killed my post? I don't understand
that, though. I thought there had to be an exact match for a post to be
killed via the filter.

Any suggestions as to how these posts ended up killed?

--
Joyce

Loneliness is comforted by the closeness and touch of fur to fur,
skin to skin, or -- skin to fur. -- Paul Gallico
Old April 21st 12, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Saturday, April 21, 2012 4:07:08 PM UTC-6, Bastette wrote:
I thought I posted a link to a page that has a bunch of cute pictures
of dogs and cats being good buddies. But when I came back to RPCA an
hour or so later, I couldn't find the post.

... I rechecked, and I found that my post, and two responses, had been
killfiled for some reason. I do have an item in my filter that contains
the words "Cats and" in the subject line for RPCA. (My post was titled
"Cats and dogs - BFFS".) Maybe that killed my post? I don't understand
that, though. I thought there had to be an exact match for a post to be
killed via the filter.

Any suggestions as to how these posts ended up killed?

I don't think that you can specify a subject for "cats and" and not have it catch *everything* that has those two words, in that order. Was there a specific type of post you were trying to avoid?
Old April 22nd 12, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Bastette wrote:
I thought I posted a link to a page that has a bunch of cute pictures
of dogs and cats being good buddies. But when I came back to RPCA an
hour or so later, I couldn't find the post.

... I rechecked, and I found that my post, and two responses, had been
killfiled for some reason. I do have an item in my filter that contains
the words "Cats and" in the subject line for RPCA. (My post was titled
"Cats and dogs - BFFS".) Maybe that killed my post? I don't understand
that, though. I thought there had to be an exact match for a post to be
killed via the filter.

Any suggestions as to how these posts ended up killed?

I don't know what can have happened, I saw your post and replied to it. I
did enjoy the very sweet pictures.

--
Adrian
Old April 22nd 12, 07:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote:

[...]

No, the one I had in the killfile *included* the words "Cats and", but
it was a much longer phrase. My subject (Cats and dogs - BFFs) also
had "Cats and", so I thought maybe my newsreader counted that as a
match, although most of the two lines don't match.

I don't usually killfile a *type* of post - I just kill specific threads.

--
Joyce

What business is it of the state how consenting adults choose to pair
off, share expenses and eventually stop having sex with each other?
-- Bill Maher
Old April 22nd 12, 07:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Adrian wrote:

Bastette wrote:
I thought I posted a link to a page that has a bunch of cute pictures
of dogs and cats being good buddies. But when I came back to RPCA an
hour or so later, I couldn't find the post.

... I rechecked, and I found that my post, and two responses, had been
killfiled for some reason. I do have an item in my filter that contains
the words "Cats and" in the subject line for RPCA. (My post was titled
"Cats and dogs - BFFS".) Maybe that killed my post? I don't understand
that, though. I thought there had to be an exact match for a post to be
killed via the filter.

Any suggestions as to how these posts ended up killed?

I don't know what can have happened, I saw your post and replied to it. I
did enjoy the very sweet pictures.

Yes, I saw your reply and Evelyn's once I set my newsreader to show
all posts, including killed posts and already read posts.

Old April 22nd 12, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
I thought I posted a link to a page that has a bunch of cute pictures
of dogs and cats being good buddies. But when I came back to RPCA an
hour or so later, I couldn't find the post.

... I rechecked, and I found that my post, and two responses, had been
killfiled for some reason. I do have an item in my filter that contains
the words "Cats and" in the subject line for RPCA. (My post was titled
"Cats and dogs - BFFS".) Maybe that killed my post? I don't understand
that, though. I thought there had to be an exact match for a post to be
killed via the filter.

Any suggestions as to how these posts ended up killed?

Yes, it's likely to be as you thought. You created a rule that "cats and" +
rpca group should be killed and you successfully killfiled yourself.
Remove the rule unless you want to miss all posts that have the title "cats
and (anything)"

Tweed