Toilet training cats: Suggested equipment?

Old March 1st 04, 11:35 PM
Al Kondo

Default Toilet training cats: Suggested equipment?

My kitties are 7 months old and I would like to toilet train them so
that they use our commode. They are well trained in using the litter
box. My question is "what are some of the things I should purchase
to facilitate this training?". I understand the process, but I
would like to know if there are some "ready made" items that would
make this process possible. Also, I am interested in hearing the
experiences of some of you who have tried this.

Thanks, Al Kondo
Old March 1st 04, 11:59 PM

Don't do it.
http://community.webtv.net/zuzu22/toilettraining

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old March 1st 04, 11:59 PM

Old March 2nd 04, 03:16 AM
Cheryl Rogers

Here's a good site:

http://www.karawynn.net/mishacat/toilet.shtml

Also, if you do a search on "toilet training cat" there are a bunch of
sites, including a yahoo group.

I have not accomplished it yet, but I placed a litterbox on the toilet
without fanfare. I showed each cat the new location. They also have
two other litterboxes they can use. Within hours, there was evidence
that someone had used the litterbox on the toilet.

Cheryl

Old March 2nd 04, 12:48 PM
MaryL

"Al Kondo" wrote in message
My kitties are 7 months old and I would like to toilet train them so
that they use our commode. They are well trained in using the litter
box. My question is "what are some of the things I should purchase
to facilitate this training?". I understand the process, but I
would like to know if there are some "ready made" items that would
make this process possible. Also, I am interested in hearing the
experiences of some of you who have tried this.

Thanks, Al Kondo

Please don't do this. It simply isn't "natural" for a cat. They can't get
in the correct position, there is always the danger that the cat could slip
and fall down into the commode, and you will not be able to properly monitor
urine output (and thus may fail to detect health problems).

MaryL