Help for cat in cage?

Old January 18th 04, 02:37 PM
Chris

Default Help for cat in cage?

I wrote earlier about stray FElV+ Big Boy for whom I'm looking for a home.
In the meantime, he is confined to my bathroom or a big dog kennel I
borrowed. Problem is that he is now meowing almost constantly--I know he
wants to get out but I can't let him because of my own cats...Does anyone
have any suggestions as to how to calm him down & make him a little more
content?

Old January 18th 04, 07:56 PM
Cat Protector

I would regularly spend time with him. If you are unable to keep him, have
you looked for organizations in your area that care for these special
felines?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
link.net...

Old January 18th 04, 07:58 PM
Cat Protector

I would regularly spend time with him. Also try playing soft music such as
Smooth Jazz for him which might be a bit calming. If you are unable to keep
him, have you looked for organizations in your area that care for these
special felines?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
link.net...

Old January 18th 04, 10:09 PM
Chris

I must have made 50 calls; posted on dozens of sites; done a flyer... so far
nothing that is possible I'm in NY & any possibilities are clear on the
other side of the country... I spend a good deal of time with him---but
remember, he has just come in from outdoors to being confined to either a
small bathroom or a dog kennel--I'd be miserable too!
"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I would regularly spend time with him. Also try playing soft music such as
Smooth Jazz for him which might be a bit calming. If you are unable to

keep
him, have you looked for organizations in your area that care for these
special felines?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
link.net...

Old January 18th 04, 10:43 PM
Cat Protector

Try these groups.

http://www.homestead.com/felinecompanions/

http://www.citycritters.org/stumpy1.html

If they can't help you they might be able to connect you with groups in the
New York area that can. Good luck.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"Chris" wrote in message
link.net...
I must have made 50 calls; posted on dozens of sites; done a flyer... so

far
nothing that is possible I'm in NY & any possibilities are clear on the
other side of the country... I spend a good deal of time with him---but
remember, he has just come in from outdoors to being confined to either a
small bathroom or a dog kennel--I'd be miserable too!
"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I would regularly spend time with him. Also try playing soft music such

as
Smooth Jazz for him which might be a bit calming. If you are unable to

keep
him, have you looked for organizations in your area that care for these
special felines?

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
link.net...

Old January 24th 04, 02:02 PM
Rich

Well, my FeLV is confined to the (heated) basement - last survivor (3
years positive) of an extended family of 8 kittens and 4 adults; all
positive that we tested. I spend a minimum of 20-30 minutes with him
just about every day, and am considering both a retest (going negative
at this age VERY unlikely) or a companion.

Can you isolate in a different room?

--
Rich

End PA property taxes:
http://www.grandoldusa.com/
link.net...

Old January 28th 04, 06:16 PM
veruca3rd

"Chris" wrote in message hlink.net...
I must have made 50 calls; posted on dozens of sites; done a flyer... so far
nothing that is possible I'm in NY & any possibilities are clear on the
other side of the country...

(snip)

You have my sympathy. I work with a small rescue group who currently
has five adorable, healthy FeLeuke positives. Although they're
allowed out of their condos daily, we aren't having a lot of luck
placing them in single-cat homes (or homes with other FeLeuks). We
have more luck placing FIV positives.

However, here is another site you may want to post on:

http://www.felineleukemia.org/

CLick on the link at top right that says "Adopt a Feleuk+ Cat". Here
is the direct URL, although I'm not sure it'll work because of the CGI
script:

http://www.bemikitties.com/felv/cgi-...lassifieds.cgi

Good luck and don't give up!
Old January 30th 04, 02:35 AM
Chris

Thanks... I had posted on bemikitties at the start.... Right now I've got
possibe placements at 2 shelters; Angel's Gate-Northport, Long island or
Rude Ranch-Annapolis, MD--I haven't visited either because of snow storm
here (I'm in NY)... do you by any chance know anything about them? I'd like
to avoid shelter placement but may have to go with that as it is real tough
keeping him here.... Why do you think FIV+ are easier to place?

"veruca3rd" wrote in message
om...

hlink.net...

Old February 2nd 04, 06:50 PM
minerva nine

Can you put his kennel somewhere where he can see the outdoors (i.e., next to a
window, or on a porch)? And at night, if you cover the kennel with a blanket
that will often quiet down anxious kitties. -- M9

link.net...