What people name their cats, and why?

Old January 6th 05, 07:25 AM
~Shelly~

"PaBo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, Here is a link to a pic of my cats Star and Maui doing one of thier
favorite things in summer, sitting in the window!

Awww, they're beautiful!

~Shelly~

Old January 6th 05, 07:48 AM
~Shelly~

"jmc" wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 03:15:49 GMT, all of a sudden, "~Shelly~"
exclaimed:

Unfortunately, we had to rehome Mouse before moving overseas - at the
time, Australia had a 9-month quarantine and that wouldn't have been
fair for her. It was traumatic, for both of us. After that I made a
promise to NEVER, EVER do that again. "Next cat, if she can't go, I
don't either..."

OK, I went you your website just briefly, and saw that you are
well-traveled. I envy you, I wish I could see more of the world... Thanks
for sharing your travels.

~Shelly~

Old January 6th 05, 08:14 PM
Gail Futoran

I've always named my cats after favorite fictional
characters - SF or fantasy. When I acquired
2 Tonks and a stray (which might be a RagaMuffin)
four years ago, I was hooked on the TV show
"Xena: Warrior Princess". So:
1) Long sleek platinum mink female = Lao Ma
(inappropriately named because she's *never*
serene!)
2) Small but tough and adorable champagne
mink female = Ephiny (appropriately named for
a petite Amazon)
3) Cute gray-brown-white calico/?RagaMuffin
female = Minya
Two most recent acquisitions:
4) Sable Burmese female - Mattie
5) Blue Burmese male - Harry