Poorly Polly & TED visit

Old August 19th 03, 08:37 PM
Hopitus2

Poor Polly! Beaming healing-purrs and meatloaf meditations up from south FL
to both of you!

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
: On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 18:25:34 GMT, (Ginger-lyn
: Summer) wrote:
:
: On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:56:33 +0100, "Shirley"
: wrote:
:
: I woke up this morning to find piles of cat vomit all over the house
: and a very lethargic Polly-cat sat hunched up by the kitchen door
: queue panic mode , she tried to follow me into the kitchen but only
: managed a couple of steps because her back legs were very wobbly
: major panic mode. I got an appointment with TED and rushed her
: there, it seems she has gastritis possibly from a hairball, her temp
: was 104 so she got a shot to bring that down, a shot to stop the
: vomiting and a shot of anti-biotic. Polly behaved herself during the
: consult and I only had to remove a furry starfish from my chest once
: during her exam to spare TED's and my blushes of him having to
: rummage around my chest area to do the exam.
:
: Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
: been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
: morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
: twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort poor
: baby so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
: enormously.
:
: --
: Shirley (off to check on the invalid)
: see my cats at
:
http://communities.msn.co.uk/Friendsfamilyandfelines2
: http://uk.msnusers.com/friendsfamilyandfelines3
:
:
: Purrs that Polly feels better.
:
: What is it with cats vomiting right now? We had a scare with Brando
: last week, when he vomited more than I thought a cat could vomit, with
: some blood in it, too. Took him into TED, and they could find no
: problems so asked if they could keep him overnight, hoping he would
: present them with a, umm, special gift that could help in diagnosis.
: Brando is a former feral. Brando was not about to present them with
: any gift. He spent the entire time not looking anyone in the eye, and
: sitting stiffly in the cage. So I brought him home to keep an eye on
: him. So far, no more vomit. Hope it was just a nasty hairball.
:
: Ginger-lyn
:
: Do you suppose these cats could have eaten a bug? It's that time of
: the year when bugs try to get inside. A cat that goes outside could
: find lots of them MLB

Old August 19th 03, 10:21 PM
polonca12000

Poor Brando! Hoping and sending best wishes and purrs for him to be well,
--
Polonca & Soncek

snip We had a scare with Brando

Old August 19th 03, 11:08 PM
Tanada

Shirley wrote:

Polly has settled down now and is laying in the bedroom but she hasn't
been near her food or water bowl yet. If she doesn't improve by the
morning we have to go back to TED. Since this morning she's vomited
twice more and still seems to be in quite a bit of discomfort poor
baby so if she could have some of your special purrs it would help
enormously.

Purrs and healing thoughts for Miss Polly to feel better soon.

Pam, Rob, and the NC nine
Old August 19th 03, 11:09 PM
Shirley

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message

Do you suppose these cats could have eaten a bug? It's that time of
the year when bugs try to get inside. A cat that goes outside could
find lots of them MLB

Polly is an indoors only cat but she was chasing a bug (moth) around
the conservatory yesterday evening.
--
Shirley

Old August 19th 03, 11:12 PM
bewtifulfreak

Shirley wrote:
"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message

Do you suppose these cats could have eaten a bug? It's that time of
the year when bugs try to get inside. A cat that goes outside could
find lots of them MLB

Polly is an indoors only cat but she was chasing a bug (moth) around
the conservatory yesterday evening.

If moths can cause tummy upsets, my Greebo is in big trouble, they're one of
his favorite snacks!

Hope the vet can get Polly sorted very soon, poor sweetie....

Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 19th 03, 11:14 PM
Shirley

"Ginger-lyn Summer" wrote in message

Purrs that Polly feels better.

What is it with cats vomiting right now? We had a scare with Brando
last week, when he vomited more than I thought a cat could vomit,

with
some blood in it, too. Took him into TED, and they could find no
problems so asked if they could keep him overnight, hoping he would
present them with a, umm, special gift that could help in diagnosis.
Brando is a former feral. Brando was not about to present them with
any gift. He spent the entire time not looking anyone in the eye,

and
sitting stiffly in the cage. So I brought him home to keep an eye

on
him. So far, no more vomit. Hope it was just a nasty hairball.

I hope Brando is fully recovered. I examined some of Polly's 'special
gifts' after we got back from TED and there was some evidence of a
furball in the litterbox offering, she's still very uncomfortable and
not feeling at all well, she didn't even react when Smudge sat within
6" of her and that is not normal.

Old August 19th 03, 11:16 PM
Brenda Watkins

"Shirley" wrote in message
[...]

purrs enroute for Polly.
Brenda

Old August 20th 03, 01:30 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

[...]

anti-puke purrs enroute for poor Polly
Old August 20th 03, 02:28 AM
Sam Nash

"Shirley" wrote in message
[...]

Special "get better quick" purrs on the way across the pond.
Sam

Old August 20th 03, 04:38 AM
LOL

"Shirley" wrote in message ...
[...]

Awww, poor baby! I hope the shots are all it takes to fix her up, and
that Polly feels better right away. We are sending purrs her way.

------
Krista