Shirley bithcy post

Old August 22nd 03, 04:36 PM
Sherry

Default Shirley bithcy post

I hope you will all understand why I had to be on the other
end a few months ago and forgive me for parting with my animals.

I'm sorry you had to give your pets up. I can't imagine doing that, it must
have been very difficult for you. Purrs that your marriage is healed and there
are better times ahead for you.

Sherry
Old August 22nd 03, 05:40 PM
bewtifulfreak

Sherry wrote:
I hope you will all understand why I had to be on the other
end a few months ago and forgive me for parting with my animals.

I'm sorry you had to give your pets up. I can't imagine doing that,
it must have been very difficult for you. Purrs that your marriage is
healed and there are better times ahead for you.

Can't think of any better way of saying it than Sherry did....so sorry for
all you've been through, and wishing you all the best.

Hugs,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 22nd 03, 10:51 PM

bunny_baby wrote:

Ok I am going to be 100% honest because honest people are better than
lyers or **** stirrers. Yes I did hand over Sammy a kitten and some
other animals over to feline cat rescue but this was not because I did
not love my animals or anything like that it was because I had to. Both
me and my husband have had a very bad boat ride in the last 2 years.

April,

It sounds like you've had more than your share of tragedy and heartache
in the past couple of years, among that the necessity of parting with your
pets. Sometimes you just have no choice. Bad circumstances can happen to
*anyone*. And sometimes, as in the case of your rabbit, rehoming is a
loving thing to do, because you can no longer provide the kind of care
that the animal needs and deserves - and someone else can do it better.
That doesn't mean you failed - on the contrary, it means you did the most
responsible thing you could, and found your animals the kind of life you
were unable to provide them at that time.

I'm glad things are better for you now and that you're able to help other
animals that need rescuing.

Joyce
Old August 22nd 03, 10:52 PM
Shirley

I consider the people here my friends and the impression I got from
your posting is that you weren't being totally honest with them. I'm
sure you can understand my dismay that someone who had surrendered an
approx. 12 week old kitten after owning it for a couple of weeks
should turn up a couple of months later talking about the kittens they
were fostering.

My intention was not to humiliate you and I apologise if you feel I
did, I'm also sorry you and your husband have been having a bad time
and I hope things improve for both of you.

Feline Cat Rescue never tell previous owners where their surrendered
pets have been placed and I know the person who collected the animals
from very well, she's one of my best friends.

--
Shirley
see my cats at

"bunny_baby" wrote in message
Ok I am going to be 100% honest because honest people are better

than lyers
or **** stirrers. Yes I did hand over Sammy a kitten and some other

animals
over to feline cat rescue but this was not because I did not love my

animals
or anything like that it was because I had to. Both me and my

husband have
had a very bad boat ride in the last 2 years. I have carried to

little boys
and lost both of them and this has put heavy strain on our marriage

life. We
both came to an agreement that things did not seem to be working at

it would
be best if we both went our separate ways. I found a job in Hemal

Hempstead
which meant that I had to get a flat because there was no way I

could afford
a house not in an area like that. I had recently got in touch with

feline
rescue to offer my help there with fund raising and they seemed like

lovely bunch so I asked them if they would home my animals and told

them
what was happening etc. They agreed and took my animals into there

care,
they also PROMISED me that they would let me know where my animals

were
going especially Tonic a English lop as he was my baby and I was

very upset
and hurt that I had to part with him. Yes I could have kept him as

an indoor
rabbit but that would not have been fair on him as he hated living

in doors
and was much happier outside. Both myself and my hubby did separate

and I
lived in Heel but we then both realised that we missed each other

terribly
and there was still something there to save in our marriage so I

moved back
home with him and we are now undergoing counselling to heal our pain

and
also help our marriage. We are much stronger now so there for I am

back on
the bench helping unfortunate animals because I have the Love, money

and
time to do this. I hope you will all understand why I had to be on

the other
end a few months ago and forgive me for parting with my animals.

Shirley I
would love to thank you for humiliating me and I thought you were

supposed
to be a caring individual.
April :-)

http://community.webshots.com/user/bowmanzoo

Old August 22nd 03, 11:31 PM
Jill McQuown

bunny_baby wrote:
Ok I am going to be 100% honest because honest people are better than
lyers or **** stirrers. Yes I did hand over Sammy a kitten and some
other animals over to feline cat rescue but this was not because I
did not love my animals or anything like that it was because I had
to. Both me and my husband have had a very bad boat ride in the last
2 years. I have carried to little boys and lost both of them and this
has put heavy strain on our marriage life. We both came to an
agreement that things did not seem to be working at it would be best
if we both went our separate ways. I found a job in Hemal Hempstead
which meant that I had to get a flat because there was no way I could
afford a house not in an area like that. I had recently got in touch
with feline rescue to offer my help there with fund raising and they
seemed like a lovely bunch so I asked them if they would home my
[...]
parting with my animals. Shirley I would love to thank you for
humiliating me and I thought you were supposed to be a caring
individual.
April :-)

http://community.webshots.com/user/bowmanzoo

I didn't read the original post, but I can say this. No one who posts here
gives up their 'babies' without a certain amount of heartache. It doesn't
matter if you are fostering them or have had them their entire life, giving
them up is hard. And none of us know what the other one is going through in
terms of life outside this ng. It's not for us to judge or make sweeping
statements about things we know nothing about. We can only go on what is
written here, and really, that is very little.

I'm very sorry you had to give up your kits, April. But I know you are a
good person at heart and I surely hope everything in your life will heal and
get better.

Jill, Ray & Persia
^..^

Old August 23rd 03, 12:39 PM
Jean H

so sorry for your hardships I've been in bad straits myself when Iwas young
luckily Ididn;t have to give animals away but I did lose one to a car for
which Iblame myself, you never get over that and I'm talking 35 yrs ago
Istill cry when I think of that poor cat God help us to be more careful in
our dealings with animals. all the best jp.
"bunny_baby" wrote in message
[...]

rescue to offer my help there with fund raising and they seemed like a
[...]

end a few months ago and forgive me for parting with my animals. Shirley I

Old August 23rd 03, 04:29 PM
bewtifulfreak

Shirley wrote:
I consider the people here my friends and the impression I got from
your posting is that you weren't being totally honest with them. I'm
sure you can understand my dismay that someone who had surrendered an
approx. 12 week old kitten after owning it for a couple of weeks
should turn up a couple of months later talking about the kittens they
were fostering.

Sometimes it's hard when we don't know someone's complete situation, but the
bit we do know makes things seem not quite right. I went through something
similar on another cat group, so I can see both sides. Glad you two are
being so open and trying to work things out, it's so nice to see people
communicating and not just flaming, even if feelings do sometimes
unintentionally get hurt.

Best to you both,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old August 23rd 03, 11:04 PM
Carolyn

I was very shocked to read this post as it states that the contents are
'100% honest'. However within the first 14 lines there is a blatant lie!
NOBODY ever promised to inform you of the whereabouts of your animals once
they were rehomed! This is NOT the policy of any reputable rescue charity. I
hope that once you read this post you will alter the comments you are
making. It is sad that you and your husband have been through a tough time
but the speed with which you seem to do things is incredible. It was only 2
months ago that you gave up all the animals and apparently moved out and
back in. I was led to believe that you were not actually allowed animals in
your rented property, so it seems a little irresponsible to be taking in
more animals.
True animal lovers think of the animals welfare and NOT their own emotions
and feelings! I post this as a long term animal carer who has dedicated her
life to animals in one way or another.

Old August 24th 03, 12:11 AM
Tanada

Carolyn wrote:

I was very shocked to read this post as it states that the contents are
'100% honest'. However within the first 14 lines there is a blatant lie!

Take it private. None of this belongs here, we're friends, not cops,
not welfare workers, not lawyers, and above all, not trolls. Some of
you seem to think that you should become trolls, but trolling doesn't
belong here. SO if you three must bicker, take it to private emails and
don't make us put all of you into our kill files. This is the only
group that I don't have kill files on, and I'd like to keep it that way.

Pam S. disgusted with all three of you.