Purr request

Old September 24th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Purr request

I'm leaving for Australia in six days. My next-door neighbors are very good
about feeding, petting and playing with my cats while I'm gone.

However, Lindy is now on thyroid medication twice a day, and I think it's
too much to ask the neighbors to give her the medication. Therefore, I'll
be leaving Lindy with my son. She knows and likes him, and it shouldn't be
too much of a problem. However, she's used to being able to go outside
whenever she likes. She dislikes using a litter box. I set one up in the
garage when it rains, but she will usually go out in the rain, rather than
use the box. My son lives in an apartment, so she'll have to stay in all
the time - and use the box.

Also, Nanki-Poo will be left alone at home. The neighbors will come over
once or twice a day, and he does sometimes let them give him some attention.
That's actually rather surprising, because he usually hides from other
people. I can't send him to my son's with Lindy, because he's terrified of
my son. I think Dan must remind him of somebody who once mistreated him.
I've left Nanki-Poo home before when I traveled, but Lindy was always here.
Although they are not the type to cuddle together, they have a fairly
typical sister-brother relationship. I'm worried about his being lonely.
I'm also worried he might think he has been abandoned. Since he ended up in
the shelter where I got him after being abandoned before, that is a real
concern.

So, purrs would be appreciated.

--
Joy

"If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days
of sorrow."
-Chinese Proverb

Old September 24th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

So, purrs would be appreciated.

We'll be sending purrs that all goes well for everyone.
Old September 24th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Purrs for the kittens and for you. The trip will be hard because you will
worry.
Bast will guard his own.

Old September 24th 07, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
So, purrs would be appreciated.

We'll be sending purrs that all goes well for everyone.

Thank you, Daniel.

Joy

Old September 24th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_2_]

Joy wrote:
snip

So, purrs would be appreciated.

purrs for all to go well.

Have a great trip, and try not to worry too much about the furry ones
while you're gone.

Old September 24th 07, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2007-09-23 18:22:00 -0500, "Joy" said:

[...]

Purrs for all concerned. Have you tried Pill Pockets? I haven't but I
know cats that totally do not realize they are being pilled with Pill
Pockets.

Old September 24th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sam

So, purrs would be appreciated.

Purrs on the way.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe
Old September 24th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"sam" wrote in message

So, purrs would be appreciated.

Purrs on the way.
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Thank you.

Joy

Old September 24th 07, 04:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sep 23, 6:22 pm, "Joy" wrote:
I'm leaving for Australia in six days. My next-door neighbors are very good
about feeding, petting and playing with my cats while I'm gone.

However, Lindy is now on thyroid medication twice a day, and I think it's
too much to ask the neighbors to give her the medication. Therefore, I'll
be leaving Lindy with my son. ... So, purrs would be appreciated.

--
Joy

I'd send purrs, but I'm away from the cats. I hope grandbaby drool
will suffice.

Annie

A PURR REQUEST Matthew Cat anecdotes 9 February 13th 07 01:31 AM
PURR REQUEST Matthew Cat anecdotes 12 February 10th 07 09:26 PM
purr request Kathryn Cat anecdotes 14 January 14th 07 04:04 AM
Purr request Shirley Cat anecdotes 17 June 13th 05 05:06 PM
OT Job purr request :o/ Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 14 April 13th 05 05:55 PM