Cold weather madness

Old February 15th 05, 11:04 AM
Helen C Simmons

Default Cold weather madness

The last couple of days have been cold (for my bit of the world) with a
bitingly cold, damp wind which makes it feel colder than it really is and
gets a body cold quickly and there's been rain, sleet & snow. As a result,
the cats have not been keen to go out in the garden at all. The result is
that they go stir-crazy inside. I currently have three demented felines
running around the ground floor.. zooming up the stairs... running around
the bedrooms.. back down the stairs... You get my drift. All have eyes wide
(eye wide in case of Waffles), whiskers out, tails erect, with much lashing
of tails, assorted meows, hisses & growls.

Can someone send some warmer weather please? My sanity depends on it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old February 15th 05, 11:46 PM
Christina Websell

"Helen C Simmons" wrote in message
The last couple of days have been cold (for my bit of the world) with a
bitingly cold, damp wind which makes it feel colder than it really is and
gets a body cold quickly and there's been rain, sleet & snow. As a result,
the cats have not been keen to go out in the garden at all. The result is
that they go stir-crazy inside. I currently have three demented felines
running around the ground floor.. zooming up the stairs... running around
the bedrooms.. back down the stairs... You get my drift. All have eyes
wide (eye wide in case of Waffles), whiskers out, tails erect, with much
lashing of tails, assorted meows, hisses & growls.

Can someone send some warmer weather please? My sanity depends on it ;-)

Cheers, helen s

I hardly dare tell you that the weather folk say it will be -5C tonight.
Oh, gosh, now I've told you! D*mn.

Tweed

Old February 16th 05, 12:02 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

We had almost 70F (21+/-C) today. Opened the windows when I returned from
my luncheon (which was followed by a quick stop at the salon to get a trim
on the faying locks).. All *8* cats went bonkers jockying for winow time &
position. Then I opned up the back porch (What Weebs calls "da tiled
room"), which in all enclosed with windows, and they trotted out there for
inspections. I had been letting them back there since Friday of last week
(except at night, since it still gets into the 30-40's F), but I didn't
until after I returned today. They were bursting to get back there. Not
sure why, becuase in 10 minutes, they're snoozing back there, just as they
would in any other room in the house. Silly cats.

Weird thing: they're predicting snow tonight or tomorrow. And I have
Daffodils coming up in the yard!

--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)© email me at
nalee1964 (at) insightbb (dot) com

Old February 16th 05, 12:06 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-15, Helen C Simmons penned:
The last couple of days have been cold (for my bit of the world) with a
bitingly cold, damp wind which makes it feel colder than it really is and
gets a body cold quickly and there's been rain, sleet & snow. As a result,
the cats have not been keen to go out in the garden at all. The result is
that they go stir-crazy inside. I currently have three demented felines
running around the ground floor.. zooming up the stairs... running around
the bedrooms.. back down the stairs... You get my drift. All have eyes wide
(eye wide in case of Waffles), whiskers out, tails erect, with much lashing
of tails, assorted meows, hisses & growls.

Can someone send some warmer weather please? My sanity depends on it ;-)

Not I; it snowed today. It actually wasn't that cold, but consequently the
melted snow is running all over the place. Pretty miserable, actually.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old February 16th 05, 01:07 AM
Christina Websell

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

I can only imagine 70F until about June, July or August. Lucky you. I
have snowdrops and crocuses out and daffodils in bud.
Kitty & BF are snuggled up in their beds next to the kitchen fire, they have
no intention of going out in the cold tonight. I have my electric blanket
on and I think it's time to go and see how warm it is.
Nighty nighty
Tweed

Old February 16th 05, 02:12 AM
Duke of Url

Helen C Simmons wrote:

The last couple of days have been cold (for my bit of the world) with
a bitingly cold, damp wind which makes it feel colder than it really
is and gets a body cold quickly and there's been rain, sleet & snow.
As a result, the cats have not been keen to go out in the garden at
all. The result is that they go stir-crazy inside. I currently have
three demented felines running around the ground floor.. zooming up
the stairs... running around the bedrooms.. back down the stairs...
You get my drift. All have eyes wide (eye wide in case of Waffles),
whiskers out, tails erect, with much lashing of tails, assorted
meows, hisses & growls.

They are preventing the greeblinz from coming in out of the cold and
building nests...

Old February 16th 05, 05:45 AM
PatM

70F today?! And daffodils coming up! Oh, sure, rub it in!LOLOL
Brrrrrrr from MT! PatM

Old February 16th 05, 08:18 AM
Marina

Helen C Simmons wrote:

The last couple of days have been cold (for my bit of the world) with a
bitingly cold, damp wind which makes it feel colder than it really is and
gets a body cold quickly and there's been rain, sleet & snow. As a result,
the cats have not been keen to go out in the garden at all. The result is
that they go stir-crazy inside. I currently have three demented felines
running around the ground floor.. zooming up the stairs... running around
the bedrooms.. back down the stairs... You get my drift. All have eyes wide
(eye wide in case of Waffles), whiskers out, tails erect, with much lashing
of tails, assorted meows, hisses & growls.

Can someone send some warmer weather please? My sanity depends on it ;-)

Can't help you. They're predicting -10 C here, and we have snow coming
down all the time.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old February 16th 05, 12:35 PM
Bridget

Magic Mood Jeep© wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Well, I don't know about you, but just a bit north of you, we got snow.
Not a lot. But it is snow. And I have on one of those little hard sole
shoe thingies with velcro that they put you in for stress fractures
and it has open toesies so I hate snow right now. Criminy, I hate cold
weather right now. But I have served half my time in it and only have
two weeks left to go. Only two weeks of cold toesies left to deal with.
I never dreamed four weeks could be so long. Remind me not to
actually break anything where they cast it for 6 or more weeks. I think
I would go nuts. At least I get to take this thing off to go to sleep.

Bridget - who thanks MMJ for reminding her she has to clean off the car
this morning so get going early!!
Old February 16th 05, 01:40 PM
Victor Martinez

PatM wrote:
70F today?! And daffodils coming up! Oh, sure, rub it in!LOLOL
Brrrrrrr from MT! PatM

It was close to 80F yesterday here... lots of daffodils coming up and
the trees are beginning to leaf out. Anyday now the peaches will start
blooming.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Cold Weather Purrs Kreisleriana Cat anecdotes 6 January 23rd 05 05:06 PM
Cold Winter Monarchs Bev Cat anecdotes 9 June 23rd 04 10:24 PM
Can cats catch a human cold? Bob M Cat anecdotes 4 May 24th 04 06:09 PM
Oliver the Weather Weenie Margaret Fine Cat anecdotes 23 February 27th 04 10:37 PM
Too cold Stacey Cat anecdotes 58 January 25th 04 06:51 PM