How to Make a Candle Site Candle

Old July 18th 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jeanne Hedge

Default How to Make a Candle Site Candle

The question was recently asked, but no one answered (although the
candle was started anyway). It's a multi-step process, but actually
rather simple to do, so don't let the steps scare you off.

Here's how to make a NEW candle group on the candle site:

1. Go to www.gratefulness.org On this page there's a link to get to
the area for lighting candles - click on this link. Currently it's on
the left side of the page, called "Light a Candle".

2. Now you're at the page called "Light a Candle". You can select a
language on the right side of the page (English appears to be the
default). At the bottom is a link that says "Begin" - click on this
link.

3a. This is the Take a Deep Breath and Quiet Your Thoughts page.
Click on "Continue"

3b. More instructions about how to light a candle. Click on "Enter"

4. You are now at the generic "light a candle page".
(http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng) Find an unlit
candle and click on it. You'll go to another "pause and reflect"
page. Click on "Continue"

5. Fill in a message in the top box (if you want), initial your
candle in the middle box (if you want), and type in the name of your
NEW candle group in the bottom box. There's a 5 character maximum.
When you're done, click on "Continue"

6. Enter your location information (if you want) in the top 2 boxes,
and your name (if you want) in the bottom box. Click on "Continue"

7. Click on the candle's wick to light it. (the page also has a link
for you to go back and edit your message if you need to)

8a. Click "Continue" when you're ready to go on.

8b. You get an option to email (I think) people about your new candle
group. Click on "No" to go on without doing this.

8c. Click "Return to Candles" to go back to the candle page from step
4. In about 15 minutes you can Search for your new candle group (you
named it in step 5)

Jeanne Hedge

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old July 18th 08, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Thank you for this, I WILL print it out and save but, so long as there is a
Matthew or Adrian to yell "HELP" to, will probably use them instead. Do
appreciate the info in case I ever have to do it.

Old July 18th 08, 07:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Jeanne Hedge wrote:

The question was recently asked, but no one answered (although the
candle was started anyway). It's a multi-step process, but actually
rather simple to do, so don't let the steps scare you off.

Thanks for writing that up. I know how to add a new candle to a group
that's already established, but I didn't know how to start a group.

Ever consider a career in technical documentation? Your instructions
looked like what I do all day at work!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 18th 08, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Charleen Welton

Thank you so much Jeanne. I tried on two occassions and was unable to to
it. Will print out these great instructions for further reference.
Charleen

Old September 18th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

Default ping Jeanne Hedge

Thank you Jeanne, your instructions made it possible for simple minded me to
put up a Candle site for Richard Wright, co-founder, keyboardist, singer of
Pink Floyd, my favorite band. I put it up on Monday, the day he died, of
cancer at age 65 and as of today, Thursday, 9/18 109 Candles from 25
countries have been lit for Rick.
RickW is the 'Group' where his candles can be found. I love that site.
I also put up a 'Bulletin' on My Space and a 'Note' on Facebook.
Thank you again.
Hugs and Purrs
Kyla

"Jeanne Hedge" ...

candle site Granby Cat anecdotes 5 April 12th 08 06:23 AM
candle site for Winnie Granby Cat community 2 March 17th 08 08:57 PM
da candle site Granby Cat community 2 March 17th 08 04:32 AM
A candle for Meg Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 February 21st 08 03:10 PM
Candle site Granby Cat community 1 September 17th 07 07:29 PM