Crosspost Alert - You Stupid Humans! Poor Southern Kitty

Old December 1st 03, 04:54 AM
Steve Touchstone

Default Crosspost Alert - You Stupid Humans! Poor Southern Kitty

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 04:01:51 GMT, Mark Edwards
wrote:

Before a flame war gets started, y'all should be aware that the
original post was crossposted to a large number of newsgroups, and you
should limit replies to RPCA.

It looks like some of the groups being crossposted would not
necessarily appreciate the original post. Not to mention that some of
the denizens from those crossposted groups appear to be extremely rude
and obnoxious (grin).

I just ignored the thread at first, but started to reply when I saw
the rather rude remark to Victor's "PLONK" I'm happy that Free Agent
tells me when I start to reply to a crosspost, and asks if I want the
reply crossposted as well.

Of course, that shouldn't stop any recipe swapping that we want to do,
which I think may just be the best reply to trolls I've come across.
Not that I have any good recipes, being a confirmed bachelor whose
cooking usully involves various cans of stuff dumped in a crock pot
and cooked all day while I'm at work.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 1st 03, 05:37 AM
m. L. Briggs

wrote:

[...]

Hint: If it comes in a can it does not need to be cooked all day.
Old December 1st 03, 05:48 AM
Karen

in article , Steve Touchstone at

wrote:

[...]

Ooo. Try this.

Take a turkey breast and dip in salt and peppered flour. Brown. In crockpot
put 2 cups chicken broth, 1 tsp. dried rosemary, 2 cut up stalks of celery,
1 cup of carrot and 1 onion sliced very thin. You could also through in some
pasta if you like, I keep it low carb. Cook on low 8-10 hours. Pull turkey
off bone to mix with soup. DEEEE lishous.

Karen

Old December 1st 03, 01:58 PM
Victor Martinez

Mark Edwards wrote:
Before a flame war gets started, y'all should be aware that the
original post was crossposted to a large number of newsgroups, and you
should limit replies to RPCA.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was cross-posted until after I hit
"send". I guess the rude reply from that person should've been a
giveaway....

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 2nd 03, 12:47 AM
Steve Touchstone

wrote:

[...]

LOL, of course you're right, if all you're cooking is what's in the
can.

What I was talking about is like when I put a couple pounds of
chicken, a can of onion soup, come fresh baby carrots, dump it all in
the crock pot with sliced onion on top, and cook on low and the
chicken is tender and falls apart when poked with a fork when I get
home from work. Good for a couple dinners and chicken sandwiches for a
couple days.

Or a couple cups of pinto beans soaked over night, then simmer for a
few minutes in the morning. Drain some of the water and dump in the
crock pot with a couple cans of diced tomatos, couple jars of hot Pace
picante sauce, can of jalepenos, a diced onion or two, and some lean
chili meat. Leave it on low and it will be ready when you get home.

Like I said, nothing fancy ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old December 2nd 03, 04:20 AM
Stacey

"Steve Touchstone" wrote about crockpots...
SNIP

I used to take chicken breasts and toss 'em in with cream o' chicken or
mushroom soup, carrots, onions, etc. (usually after I had leftover veggies
from something or other) and just let 'em stew all day.

This makes me think of a recipe!!!!

Stacey's Chicken Somethings

One can Pop N Fresh type Croissant rolls
8 oz cream cheese
One can (normal size) chopped chicken (like Tuna)
Butter

Separate croissant rolls into four squares (instead of 8 triangles) and
place on greased cookie sheet.

In a saucepan, mix drained chicken, cream cheese and about a teaspoon of
butter (or as much as you like...) till mixed and slightly bubbly.

Spoon chicken/cheese mixture onto squares and fold over, pinch ends and side
to seal

Cook at 350 Farenheit until golden brown (I have no idea how long.. I just
take 'em out when they look done.)

Serves four!

You may add broccoli, veggies, whatever you like to the chicken/cheese
mixture. I also brush melted butter over the top of each roll before baking.

Stacey (who, as you can tell, doesn't pay too much attention to specifics
when cooking)