Best cat food.

Old November 21st 03, 01:51 PM
Graham

Default Best cat food.

I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
at the moment.

Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?

I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
kittens wee quite smelly.

Graham.

Old November 21st 03, 06:50 PM
Bob Brenchley.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:51:46 -0000, "Graham"
wrote:

I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
at the moment.

Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?

I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
kittens wee quite smelly.

Graham.

The problem with Hills tinned kitten food is that there are only two
flavours. While it is not a bad food I do prefer cats to get a good
mix of flavours/brands to avoid them becoming fixed on one brand.

Given the wide range on the shelves these days I would certainly not
go for Hills.

As for their dry - cats do not do well on a dry food diet, especially
kittens. stick to tinned and you will have a healthy cat.

--
Bob.

Anything on the ground is a cat toy. Anything not there yet, will be.

Old November 22nd 03, 06:42 PM
Linda Terrell

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:51:46 UTC, "Graham"
wrote:

I have taken my 4 month old kitten to the vets (vets 4 pets - UK) and they
suggest that the Hills science plan is the best kitten/cat food you can buy
at the moment.

Has anyone else tried this and what did you think to it?

I know the 'vets 4 pets' is a big company but I was just thinking that they
might push this food to boost there sales more. At the moment I am feeding
the kitten Whiskers tin kitten food and the vet said that this food isn't
that good as the meat content is very low, I must admit it does make the
kittens wee quite smelly.

Graham.

Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
in magnesium.

Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
it exclusively.

LT

Old November 23rd 03, 12:38 AM
Bob Brenchley.

wrote:

[...]

What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
cat.

LT

--
Bob.

You have not been charged for this lesson. Please pass it to all your
friends so they may learn as well.

Old November 23rd 03, 10:41 AM
Linda Terrell

Science Diet is better for kittens in that it has a higher
fat content which kittens need. Also it is one of the lowest
in magnesium.

Compare the fat content in SD to any of the others. Fat
content in canned food, BTW, is very low. So don't feed
it exclusively.

What total and absolute rubbish. Kittens should NEVER - EVER be fed
dry food. While it may be ok to give a fully grown cat some dry food,
tinned food is always the best way to ensure a healthy diet for any
cat.

Following my Vet's advice. - canned doesn't have enough fat content.
so kitten gets a mix.

And all my cats have eaten dry food daily over 35 years.

And they are Indoor cats, all the time.

Jesus Loves You.

LT