If we ever needed purrs

Old November 20th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

Default It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to!

"Lesley" wrote in message
On 18 Nov, 23:15, "Joy" wrote:
Happy Birthday, Lesley! It's about time some good things happened for
you.

Well today....the original plan had been to take me to my favourite
Chinese..then that got to the "Half Moon" then last night turned into
lunch in the "Bells" so I had gone from a real nice Chinese to egg and
chips by last night

And this morining, I woke up heard the rain and thought "That's it"

And two second later lover boy said "I think I've got a cold..it's
raining....I can't get my wet feet..mind if we give today a miss?"

I rolled over and had a nasty thought along the lines of "I'm 50. If I
am very lucky I got maybe 30 years left probably less and this guy
can't make a little effort for me on this one special day? Do I really
want to spend what little time I have left on someone who can't even
make a little effort for me?"

But what could I say? He kept saying "You don't mind do you?" And yes
I minded like Hell but if I had said that he would have moaned non
stop and even if I had not given up just to shut him up then he would
have done a martyed bit and acted like he was being dragged to the pub
and spent the whole time asking if he could go back now...so no point
in saying how annoyed I was

So I shrugged and said "Doesn't matter"

He said (and this is a classic!) "We could go out tomorrow"

Me "I have to wait in for a credit card to be delivered, Remember?
They could have done it today but you said we'd be out today"

"Well if they come and the district nurses come...then we could go out
after all on Tuesday if we go out it's Grill Night down the Half Moon
and I don;t have to get up for anyone on Wednesday"

Me: "But I have to"

It had never occured to the selfish g*t

By this point a certain amount of common sense asserted itself, some
friends gave me a voucher and I am looking for a fleece so I said I
would go and look for one and he said "Okay but I'll pay for a
takeaway" (I think he was half expecting me to cook) "Okay" says I
"I'd like a Chinese!" "I don't want a Chinese so we'll have an Indian"
was the reply

As I said happy birthday to me!

Got out before I did something I would regret and went ot Ilford on
the bus I saw the Alliance and Lester Building society have a cheque
account for the over 50's the motto was "There's one good thing for
being over 50"

Just one!

Also while the bus was idling at lights saw a poster apparently if
you're 50 or over and live in Newham (I don't) you can go to something
calerd a "Warm spot" where you can get health advice/benefits advice/
tips on stating warm this winter and you can be entertained with
dancing (And this year even tea dancing!) and bowls and bingo!!!

I could almost feel comfy slippers growing on my feet and felt like
moaning about the youth of today , which I was one only yesterday

Being ancient I brought myself a warm (gotta keep warm at my age!)
fleece jacket and felt rather annoyed at things

Then I decided that I am now officially ancient I need gloves so I
spotted a nice pair and whilst looking at them I sawa pashmina...

Not cheap..but hand embroidered and very red with sequins so certinaly
not suitable for an old lady like me...only it sat there as if it were
saying "BUY ME!!" so I did..guess I ain't ready to be ancient yet

Stopped off at the local where Jim, Jools and Bill AKA the usual
suspects brought me drinks for my birthday so that was
nice..discovered on Saturday we could have stayed late just getting
comfortable when the leash got tugged Dave called to ask where I was
as he was hungry and wnated me to order the Indian since he can't get
downstairs to get it

We just had a sulk on both sides, he's like "You sound pi**ed off
whats up with you?"

And I told him he'd pretty much ruined my birthday and he started
going on about he wanted to go out but it wasn't his fault he had a
cold I had probably given it to him anyway!

Right now I am in the bedroom and he is in the lving room and I have
this feeling that if I even speak to him for the next few hours then I
might next email from an internet cafe because I will have moved out

Was I so unreasonable to want him to do something even if it was only
egg and chips in the "Bells" for my 50th?

Probably or at least that's the way that selfish so and so sees it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Only thing I could say for sure is he would have ended up with Chinese take
out if it were up to me.

Wish it had been a perfect day.

The pashmina does sound absolutely lovely.

Remember to wear the gloves when you strangle him. Got to hide the evidence
you know.

Jo

Old November 20th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

jofirey wrote:

Only thing I could say for sure is he would have ended up with
Chinese take out if it were up to me.

Yeah - on his head!!

Remember to wear the gloves when you strangle him. Got to hide
the evidence you know.

LOL.

Joyce
Old November 20th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 19 Nov, 15:54, wrote:

Remember to wear the gloves when you strangle him. Got to hide
the evidence you know.

If I get arrested I'll tell them you made me do it then again..due to
useful household tip there I will use the gloves so I might get away
with it

Old November 20th 07, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On 19 Nov, 15:07, wrote:

There is no such thing as being too old for a beautiful scarf!! (That
is what a pashmina is, right? A type of scarf?) Good for you for buying
it. It's your birthday, remember?

That's it- it's like a scarf although when I blew £30.00 on it my
justification was what a nice big wool scarf to wrap up in in cold
weather and it's so big I can put it over my head if it rains only to
find that the label says I can't wear it in the rain becasue the dye
might run..

Then again the other justification was its beautiful

Happy birthday from the left side of the pond! And welcome to the
over-50 club. It's not that bad being ancient, really. Time to start
wearing purple - or red, in your case.

Always red through purple is nice and I can't strangle Dave because
Sarsi who is a real "Daddy's girl" is lying on the base unit of his PC
staring at him with adoration and I can't deprive her of her "daddy"
beats me what she sees in him!

Old November 20th 07, 08:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lesley" wrote in message
On 19 Nov, 15:07, wrote:

[...]

***

I'm glad you got a birthday present, even if you did have to buy it
yourself.

Joy

Old November 20th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Happy belated purrday, Lesley, welcome to the over 50's club. Sorry to hear
your birthday was just as expected. You'll probaly soon start reading SAGA
magazine. ;o)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old November 20th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Maybe over by Xmas

On 20 Nov, 06:24, "Adrian A" wrote:
Happy belated purrday, Lesley, welcome to the over 50's club. Sorry to hear
your birthday was just as expected. You'll probaly soon start reading SAGA
magazine. ;o)

Well they did have Mck Jagger on the cover a few years back!

I can't be in too bad a mood today. The district nurse reckons 2-3
more visits and Dave's ankle will be fine.

And Claus says he thinks if they work hard at it as they are going to
do from next Tuesday (2 sessions a week) then by the end of December
Dave should be able to walk just fine so yes maybe this will all be
over by Xmas

Dave's currently keeping his head down and being nice to me- my fault
I shouldn't let the fact he's an inconsiderate swine upset me- I
should be used to it by now. (He said this morning "I'm sorry I let
you down" and I regret I said "Which of many occasions are you trying
to apologise for?")

Annoyed at the moment through I am having a new credit card delivered
today (they wouldn't deliver it to the reception of my office for some
reason) and of course it's going to turn up between 9-5 and hasn't
yet. So I can't pop to the bank as I planned and all there is in the
house to eat apart from cat food of course is one cookie but I can't
go to the shops (and my plan to have some of that nice scampi from the
snack bar over the road just went out the window as they close at
3.00) so Dave and me are eyeing the cookie..

If you don't hear from me again I've either been done for cannibalism
or he's eaten me!

Old November 20th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sheelagh>\o\

On 19 Nov, 22:17, Lesley wrote:
On 18 Nov, 23:15, "Joy" wrote:

[...]

Lol, I know exactly how you feel, from the leash side of affairs. Not
quite @ the fifty-Th, but it isn't that many years away. I can't help
thinking that I will be saying something long the same lines
though.....

It's been some while since I've been in the room. Long catalogue of
miss-adventures & a hijacked email account later........
Happy birthday Lesley,
Sheelagh"o"
Old November 20th 07, 08:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian A wrote:

Happy belated purrday, Lesley, welcome to the over 50's club. Sorry to hear
your birthday was just as expected. You'll probaly soon start reading SAGA
magazine. ;o)

Ah yes - in the US, we have AARP (American Assoc. of Retired People, or
Persons, whatever). It is so much more than a magazine, although you do
get a magazine when you join. But they are very aggressive about getting
people signed up - about 2 days after I turned 50, I started getting
solicitations for membership. And I continue to get them, 3 years later.
They push *very* hard to get you as a member, which makes me sort of
suspicious. (Not difficult to do - I'm suspicious by nature.) I don't
really understand why they have to push so hard - the vast majority of
the US Baby Boom is over 50 now, so they must have their share of members!
Why do they need to try so hard to get more?

Joyce
Old November 20th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Sheelagh\"o\"" wrote:

Lol, I know exactly how you feel, from the leash side of affairs.

The "leash side" of affairs? That's an intriguing expression. Do tell...

Joyce