Delightful visitor

Old November 17th 12, 07:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Delightful visitor

Just had a visit from a young slender kitty. Looked kind of like a
Bengal with leopard spots. Very friendly and very vocal. I called to
him and he came right over, talking all the way. I sat on the stoop
and gave him some kitty treats, which he accepted enthusiastically.
Then he went on his way.

He had a collar and looked well fed, so I hope he's a neighborhood
pet, though I've never seen him before.
Old November 17th 12, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_4_]

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:24:52 -0500, infodex wrote:

Just had a visit from a young slender kitty. Looked kind of like a
Bengal with leopard spots. Very friendly and very vocal. I called to him
and he came right over, talking all the way. I sat on the stoop and gave
him some kitty treats, which he accepted enthusiastically. Then he went
on his way.

He had a collar and looked well fed, so I hope he's a neighborhood pet,
though I've never seen him before.

I hope he didn't "escape" without someone knowing that he did. We are
sending "go home" purrs for him/ MLB
Old November 18th 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 23:44:12 +0000 (UTC), MLB
wrote:

On Sat, 17 Nov 2012 14:24:52 -0500, infodex wrote:

Just had a visit from a young slender kitty. Looked kind of like a
Bengal with leopard spots. Very friendly and very vocal. I called to him
and he came right over, talking all the way. I sat on the stoop and gave
him some kitty treats, which he accepted enthusiastically. Then he went
on his way.

He had a collar and looked well fed, so I hope he's a neighborhood pet,
though I've never seen him before.

I hope he didn't "escape" without someone knowing that he did. We are
sending "go home" purrs for him/ MLB

I thought about that. Also thought he might have been dumped, collar
and all. However, he seemed to know where he was going, the weather is
mild, and we live in the woods on a dead end street so traffic is
pretty much not a danger so I let him go on his way.

If he makes a habit of coming back, I may have a new cat.
Old November 18th 12, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 00:10:28 +0000 (UTC), Bastette

Just had a visit from a young slender kitty. Looked kind of like a
Bengal with leopard spots. Very friendly and very vocal. I called to
him and he came right over, talking all the way. I sat on the stoop
and gave him some kitty treats, which he accepted enthusiastically.
Then he went on his way.

LOL, good thing you just happened to have some kitty treats on you.
Always be prepared!

We have two cats of our own. Treats are never far away.

He had a collar and looked well fed, so I hope he's a neighborhood
pet, though I've never seen him before.

If he is a Bengal, he probably shouldn't be out. If pedigreed, those
cats are worth a lot of money. I'd be worried that he was going to be
stolen.

I've never seen one in person. He was pretty small for one but Bengal
was all I thought when I saw the spots. He was also kind of
bi-colored. When the light hit him one way he looked gray, another way
he looked orange/brown.
Old November 18th 12, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:

If he is a Bengal, he probably shouldn't be out. If pedigreed, those
cats are worth a lot of money. I'd be worried that he was going to be
stolen.

Do any other cats have spots? I worked animal rescue for a lot of
years and have seen my share of cats but never saw a spotted one
before.
Old November 18th 12, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

This morning I thought I saw a cat walking up my driveway. When it got
closer I saw it was a beautiful grey fox. It had a big bushy tail.
When it got closer to the house it went into the woods and disappeared.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old November 18th 12, 05:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

If he is a Bengal, he probably shouldn't be out. If pedigreed, those
cats are worth a lot of money. I'd be worried that he was going to be
stolen.

Do any other cats have spots? I worked animal rescue for a lot of
years and have seen my share of cats but never saw a spotted one
before.

Yes, some DSH's with no pedigree can be spotted tabbies.
http://www.felinest.com/spotted-tabby/

Boyfriend has a mackerel pattern and Tigger is marbled.

My colleague had/has a spotted Bengal purebreed male. He grew quite large
and was more than vocal. She kept him as a indoor cat for ages but he was
also quite destructive in the house when she was at work so (as he was
neutered) she decided he should be an indoor/outdoor chap so he could work
off his energy.
It worked with the destruction of the home, he was very happy. Less so the
neighbours, who called the police "there's an expletive leopard in my
expletive garden!!"

I think if your spotted tabby visitor would not trigger an alert, he
probably isn't a pure Bengal.
I saw a photo of Aragon (what a nice name) and he was stunning to look at.
And large. Not as large as a leopard, of course but bigger than the ordinary
cats that wander around freely here and he didn't look like an ordinary cat,
he did look that something that could have escaped from a zoo.
The police came out to have a look. Fortunately they didn't have guns so he
didn't get shot and the neighbours are now used to him.
I don't think anyone will steal him. He wouldn't let them anyway ;-)

Tweed
P.S.
I do like the look of oriental cats but they are far too vocal and demanding
for me.

Old November 18th 12, 06:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 17:03:05 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Yes, some DSH's with no pedigree can be spotted tabbies.
http://www.felinest.com/spotted-tabby/

Too bad I didn't get a picture of him.

Old November 19th 12, 12:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

If he is a Bengal, he probably shouldn't be out. If pedigreed, those
cats are worth a lot of money. I'd be worried that he was going to be
stolen.

Do any other cats have spots? I worked animal rescue for a lot of
years and have seen my share of cats but never saw a spotted one
before.

Ocicats. Just as expensive and stealable as Bengals (but a lot
easier to live with).

The visitor has gone Adrian[_4_] Cat anecdotes 23 February 3rd 12 01:12 AM
A visitor Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 29 January 28th 12 08:45 PM
Visitor wafflycat Cat anecdotes 13 February 12th 06 08:43 AM
Visitor cat Adrian Cat anecdotes 8 December 29th 05 10:09 AM
Delightful article about Toolbox, Kitty of the Sea Flippy Cat anecdotes 3 September 26th 05 02:52 PM