Delightful visitor

Old November 27th 12, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Delightful visitor

On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 17:12:22 -0500, jmcquown
wrote:

The bad news? My neighbor just adopted her. I wish I had taken her in
the day she visited me.

At least she has a home. Do you know if she is or has been spayed?
Sounds like she likes to wander.

My neighbor took her to a vet. She is spayed but not microchipped.
Old December 1st 12, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 00:10:28 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:

If he is a Bengal, he probably shouldn't be out. If pedigreed, those
cats are worth a lot of money. I'd be worried that he was going to be
stolen.

Just ran across this:

http://www.petsdo.com/blog/most-expe...legal-pets-own

Old December 2nd 12, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

If he is a Bengal, he probably shouldn't be out. If pedigreed, those
cats are worth a lot of money. I'd be worried that he was going to be
stolen.

Just ran across this:

http://www.petsdo.com/blog/most-expe...legal-pets-own

Wow! I would have guessed $500 USD. Which is expensive enough.

--
Joyce

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
the hell alone. -- Unknown
Old December 4th 12, 03:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

If he is a Bengal, he probably shouldn't be out. If pedigreed, those
cats are worth a lot of money. I'd be worried that he was going to be
stolen.

Bengal are lovely to look at but..
I think I told you a few weeks ago about my colleague who had one.
She kept him inside for 2 years and he destroyed her house. So she let him
out. The neighbours phoned the police. "I've seen a leopard in my garden"
The police came. With guns.
Now Aragon was a big cat for a Bengal but not big enough to be a leopard!
The police put their guns away and the neighbours got used to him.
After he was allowed out, he was never destructive in the house again. No
fear he will be around the girlies in the neighbourhood, he was neutered.
I never met him but I did see a photo. He was huge. Massive. No wonder the
neighbours thought he was a leopard.
He was stunningly beautiful.

Tweed

Old December 4th 12, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Monday, December 3, 2012 10:38:18 PM UTC-5, Christina Websell wrote:

Bengal are lovely to look at but..

I think I told you a few weeks ago about my colleague who had one.

She kept him inside for 2 years and he destroyed her house. So she let him

out. The neighbours phoned the police. "I've seen a leopard in my garden"

The police came. With guns.

Now Aragon was a big cat for a Bengal but not big enough to be a leopard!

The police put their guns away and the neighbours got used to him.

After he was allowed out, he was never destructive in the house again. No

fear he will be around the girlies in the neighbourhood, he was neutered.

I never met him but I did see a photo. He was huge. Massive. No wonder the

neighbours thought he was a leopard.

He was stunningly beautiful.

Tweed

On an episode of My Cat from Hell, Jackson dealt with a Bengal cat.
He said Bengals had lots of energy. One of his advice was to take the
Bengal cat outside for walks. -- Winnie
Old December 5th 12, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Rusty" wrote in message
[...]

Saying they have a lot of energy is a major understatement. Aragon
eventually got let out, which was what he wanted. He stopped destroying the
house after that. And now he is well known in the neighbourhood no-one calls
the police when they see him.
Strangely, he has never caught anything, mice, rats or birds. He just likes
the freedom of going out. Being kept inside drove him crazy.

Old December 5th 12, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

If he is a Bengal, he probably shouldn't be out. If pedigreed, those
cats are worth a lot of money. I'd be worried that he was going to be
stolen.

Just ran across this:

http://www.petsdo.com/blog/most-expe...legal-pets-own

Wow! I would have guessed $500 USD. Which is expensive enough.

--
Joyce

I think Aragon cost a whole lot more than that. You'd have to pay *me* to
have him. I wouldn't have him for free.
Despite how absolutely beautiful he is to look at. And he is very stunning.
And difficult.
I don't know much about Bengals except what my colleague told me about her
one. For all I know he was an exception. Maybe they are fine.
I've seen her house after he pretty well destroyed it.
Just let's say I won't be getting a Bengal.

Tweed

Old December 6th 12, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

He said Bengals had lots of energy. One of his advice was to take the
Bengal cat outside for walks. -- Winnie

Saying they have a lot of energy is a major understatement. Aragon
eventually got let out, which was what he wanted. He stopped destroying the
house after that. And now he is well known in the neighbourhood no-one calls
the police when they see him.
Strangely, he has never caught anything, mice, rats or birds. He just likes
the freedom of going out. Being kept inside drove him crazy.

If Smudge were still with us, she would be offering him her heartfelt
sympathy. I hope that wherever she is, it's one big, friendly Out with
lots of things to chase, places to explore (but not get stuck in) and
lots of cat-loving humans around for her to make friends with.

--
Joyce

Mother teach me to walk again
Milk and honey, so intoxicating -- Sarah McLaughlin

The visitor has gone Adrian[_4_] Cat anecdotes 23 February 3rd 12 01:12 AM
A visitor Adrian[_2_] Cat anecdotes 29 January 28th 12 08:45 PM
Visitor wafflycat Cat anecdotes 13 February 12th 06 08:43 AM
Visitor cat Adrian Cat anecdotes 8 December 29th 05 10:09 AM
Delightful article about Toolbox, Kitty of the Sea Flippy Cat anecdotes 3 September 26th 05 02:52 PM