Bonnie - Forbidden Fruit

Old November 20th 03, 09:57 PM
Bev

Default Bonnie - Forbidden Fruit

Bonnie has tasted forbidden fruit twice this week and she likes it!
She killed a sparrow chick on Monday and on Tuesday murdered a baby
blackbird. The shutters have come down and the cat house has come into
its own. The section is alive with the sound of cheeping chicks and
Bonnie is beside herself - chattering with an unholy greed.

Bonnie has an ally - John. He says, "You can't lock the little darling
up all the time, she's unhappy."

Me, grimly. "Not as unhappy as the chicks will be."

John - "I am out in the garden, I'll watch her."

Me - "Don't be ridiculous, she will disappear down the back in a flash
and emerge with a half dead chick!"

John, "Listen, she's howling."

Me, "Too bad."

You will notice that Clyde and FluffySP have been left out of the
conversation. FluffySP has never caught a bird in her life! Clyde is
prepared to catch them but it is not of earth shattering importance. If
thwarted he simply goes to sleep on the bed - there is no desperate
screaming from Clyde!

At the moment Bonnie is sobbing on the bay window sill. She now knows
about forbidden fruit. It's going to be a long Spring - sigh.

Bev

--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old November 21st 03, 05:47 AM
Junebug

"Bev" wrote in message
[...]

What is it about females and forbidden fruit?......Hummmmmmm.......

Junebug

Old November 21st 03, 06:17 AM
Marina

"Bev" wrote i
Bonnie has tasted forbidden fruit twice this week and she likes it!

Aww, poor Bonnie, not to be allowed to snatch those juicy chicks. This is
why I don't take the cats out to the island very early in the spring. It's
better to take them later in the summer, so that all the chicks have grown
big enough to be able to escape preying cats.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 21st 03, 11:04 PM
Bev

Marina wrote:

"Bev" wrote i
Bonnie has tasted forbidden fruit twice this week and she likes it!

Aww, poor Bonnie, not to be allowed to snatch those juicy chicks. This is
why I don't take the cats out to the island very early in the spring. It's
better to take them later in the summer, so that all the chicks have grown
big enough to be able to escape preying cats.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

I know what you mean Marina. I do hate the chick killing.
I know that birds are cats' natural prey but it doesn't mean I have to
condone it. Spoiling the kitty party for a few weeks is a small price
to pay, even though they will drive me completely mad, lol.

I can remember well the year some people moved in next door with three
young cats. It was carnage in the chick season; there were bodies
everywhere and I reckon that was the year hardly a fledgling survived.
We need our beautiful thrushes, blackbirds, etc.

Bev
Old November 24th 03, 01:18 AM
SUQKRT

In article , Bev wrote:

At the moment Bonnie is sobbing on the bay window sill. She now knows
about forbidden fruit. It's going to be a long Spring - sigh.

Bev

Poor Bev.
Suz
Iron Chef Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

Chocolate heals all wounds.

Bonnie!! Bev Cat anecdotes 15 November 5th 03 06:08 PM
New Bonnie (feral) pic Cheryl Cat anecdotes 1 September 28th 03 07:58 PM
A Bonnie Story (glimpse into her purrsonality) MaryL Cat anecdotes 3 September 18th 03 07:35 AM
Bonnie touched me all on her own Cheryl Cat anecdotes 8 September 3rd 03 12:17 AM
Three Stikes and you're Out - Bonnie Bev Cat anecdotes 5 August 25th 03 07:57 AM