Bonnie and the Bumble Bee

Old March 7th 04, 01:56 AM
Bev

Default Bonnie and the Bumble Bee

The pair were doing a slow dance in the garden. Bonnie's acrobatics
were amazing - a series of triple somersaults. The bumble bee was not
pleased, there was a definitely angry note in its buzzing. Then she
scored. Our bumble friend was down but not out. Bonnie was amazed at
her success, after all, she had never had much success with birds of
this kind. She put out a cautious paw. Bumble staggered off into the
air, floundered, and then crash landed (bumbles are not good at taking
off).

I had arrived just in time. Bonnie was ready to seize her prize in her
jaws! I flicked bumble onto a large leaf and launched him into the
air. Bonnie was ready and waiting - this time her victim would not get
away. She performed another trible somersault but without success.
This time bumble had made it. He wobbled away, low flying through the
trees.

I am not sure whether Bumble would have stung Bonnie but I'm glad I
didn't find out. I took her inside after that, she was on the track of
a honey bee.

Bev
--
I got rid of my husband. The cat was allergic.
Old March 7th 04, 03:12 AM
William Hamblen

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 14:56:24 +1300, Bev wrote:

I am not sure whether Bumble would have stung Bonnie but I'm glad I
didn't find out. I took her inside after that, she was on the track of
a honey bee.

One Saturday morning about 20 years ago one of our cats was stung on
the nose by a bumble bee. He had an uncomfortable time for the rest
of the day. We just let him sleep it off and the swelling was gone in
the morning. We did keep an eye on him in case he had trouble
breathing.

Old March 7th 04, 05:56 AM
m. L. Briggs

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 03:12:18 GMT, William Hamblen
wrote:

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 14:56:24 +1300, Bev wrote:

I am not sure whether Bumble would have stung Bonnie but I'm glad I
didn't find out. I took her inside after that, she was on the track of
a honey bee.

One Saturday morning about 20 years ago one of our cats was stung on
the nose by a bumble bee. He had an uncomfortable time for the rest
of the day. We just let him sleep it off and the swelling was gone in
the morning. We did keep an eye on him in case he had trouble
breathing.

My niece's Siamese caught a bee in her mouth - my niece saw it
and rushed her to the vet two blocks away. The cat was dead by the
time she got there.
Old March 7th 04, 10:39 AM
polonca12000

So very sorry to hear that.
Hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old March 8th 04, 02:17 AM
badwilson

"Bev" wrote in message

I thought the following website had relevance to my posting, lol
http://trevsfunnies.koolhost.com/bee.jpg

This is too bizarre. When I click on this link, it changes into this link
http://asiafriendfinder.com/go/f148615
I'm sure it's not the one you meant to post!
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old March 8th 04, 04:26 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 9th 04, 03:12 AM
badwilson

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message

On Mon, 8 Mar 2004 09:17:15 +0700, "badwilson"
wrote:

"Bev" wrote in message

I thought the following website had relevance to my posting, lol
http://trevsfunnies.koolhost.com/bee.jpg

This is too bizarre. When I click on this link, it changes into
this link http://asiafriendfinder.com/go/f148615
I'm sure it's not the one you meant to post!

http://trevsfunnies.koolhost.com/bee.jpg worked correctly for me.

Not me. I just tried it again and *again* it turned into that stupid Asian
dating service site. Grrr! This has never happened to me before!

Old March 9th 04, 03:37 AM
Mishi

Not me. I just tried it again and *again* it turned into that stupid
Asian dating service site. Grrr! This has never happened to me before!
Britta

Hi Britta,

Check your system for viruses, even if your antivirus says it is clear. I
have seen viruses do some pretty weird things. Do you have a ad-blocker,
like Ad-Aware? You might have something in your .ini file or your registry,
and this will clean it out. Also, dump your internet cache and reboot before
trying it again. Hopefully this will help! (of course, if you have a MAC,
this is all irrelevant!)

Patti aka Mishi
www.dreamscape.com/mishwahr/cats.htm

Old March 11th 04, 06:41 PM
Stacey

"William Hamblen" wrote in message
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 14:56:24 +1300, Bev wrote:

I am not sure whether Bumble would have stung Bonnie but I'm glad I
didn't find out. I took her inside after that, she was on the track of
a honey bee.

One Saturday morning about 20 years ago one of our cats was stung on
the nose by a bumble bee. He had an uncomfortable time for the rest
of the day. We just let him sleep it off and the swelling was gone in
the morning. We did keep an eye on him in case he had trouble
breathing.

Nancy once got stung by a BB, poor little thing's face swelled up on one
side. A call to TED had us dashing out for Benedryl which made her sleep the
rest of the day. Next morning, she was just fine.

Stacey