Odd litterbox habits

Old February 11th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Odd litterbox habits

For most of her life, Meep was a cat that would only pee once a day, and
poo like every other day. After her second cystitis attack, we made
some changes that finally got her drinking enough water, and she was
eating more canned food for a while.

So, she is using the litterbox more like a normal cat. Sometimes,
though, she won't do either for sometimes as much as a 32 hour period -
then she will, generally fairly copious but normal, and she'll be back
to regular habits. She seems perfectly fine, but I still worry a bit.
She gets 1/2" of either hairball medicine or a urinary support
supplement that's just like hairball meds, to help keep her regular and
keep her from developing crystals. She's one of those weird cats that
rarely coughs up a hairball - does so maybe once a year, if that, so I
figure it's doubly important to give her hairball meds regularly.

Today's one of those "clean litterbox" days. She's drank her usual
amount of water, and though she didn't eat much last night, has cleaned
her bowl through today. This is pretty typical of clean litterbox days.

Oh, and I know she's not going in corners or anything, I've checked.

Is this a potential problem? I just think it's a bit weird that it's
both, rather than one or t'other.

jmc

Old February 12th 06, 08:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Suddenly, without warning, Gail exclaimed (12-Feb-06 12:08 AM):
Also, try to get her to eat as much canned food as possible and provide
multiple bowls of water around the house.
Gail
"Gail" wrote in message
.net...

Done, and done. That's what got her eliminating normally. It's the
gaps when she doesn't go normally despite the water and canned food I'm
concerned about.

jmc