Apology

Old October 20th 04, 05:55 AM
Yoj

I wasn't one of those who posted, but all those I saw defended you. I
certainly didn't see anything offensive about your post.

--
Joy

"You can never do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it
will be too late." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"CatNipped" wrote in message
news
I'd like to apologize to Cheryl for any (unintentional) hurt I may

have
caused (I've already emailed her privately to apologize and ask her to

come
back to the group).

I noticed that in some of the responses to Cheryl's note some others

in the
group seemed to be agreeing with her about me (unless I'm being too
paranoid). If I have given offense to anyone else, I'd like to

apologize
for that also. I think the is the nicest, kindest, most sensitive and
thoughtful group of people on earth and I would do anything to keep

from
causing dissension here or hurting anyone's feelings.

If this is the case, please let me know either by posting to the group

or
emailing me privately, and I will unsubscribe myself from the group -

no
hard feelings.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 20th 04, 09:11 AM
bonbon

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:26:51 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Let's drop the drama and keep the cat stories going, ok?

Hey Victor! Here's a cat story.......(this is a follow-up to the
first "Darla" story I posted a few years ago. Didn't have internet at
the time of this incident, and have since moved into a new house - but
none the less, it's a true story.

"DARLA, YOU'VE BEEN A VERY VERY BUSY LITTLE GIRL"

I'm talking about my sweet faced little Darla........she did it again!

A couple of days ago, I was sitting right here chatting with my
neighbor Sandy, when our conversation was interrupted by some Blue
Jays outside. Normally, the Jays just carry on, and on, and
on.....like when they're taunting a cat with a dangerous game of
"Catch Me If You Can". However, it's easy to tell the difference in
sound between "Catch Me If You Can" and "HELP! HELP! HELP!"

Blue Jays are really lovely birds to look at, but no matter what
message they're conveying, it's not a pretty sound.

I jumped up, nearly knocking Sandy down, and in a mad dash through the
house towards the back door, I shouted to her over my shoulder "One of
the cats caught a bird". I think Sandy was even more charged up than
I was, because she almost beat me to the door.

Sure enough, over the 7' high wooden fence and across the yard toward
the house, comes my sweet Darla with a large Blue Jay in her mouth,
going just as fast as her little feet could carry her. She had to.
There were four other screeching Jays relentlessly dive bombing her,
as "pay back" I suppose, for taking out one of their crew.

I stepped through the doorway, on to the patio in an effort to
intercept Darla, in hopes of saving the bird. You see, It's become
routine at my house, as Darla often brings live critters home so (I
assume) I can chase them too. However, I could tell with just a
glance, that this particular Blue Jay was, without a doubt, quite
dead.

Now, when Blue Jays declare war, everything that is not of the Blue
Jay persuasion is the enemy, and it was looking like these Jays viewed
me as an even easier target than Darla. So, since Darla's Jay was
dead, that left one option.....try to get myself and my cat, along
with her afternoon snack into the safety of the house. I thought,
'I'll just clean up the mess when she's done.'

As I ducked and dodged the onslaught of the dead Jay's comrades, Sandy
watched from just inside the doorway with a look of disbelief on her
face, and it became clear to me that she hadn't reached 'Journeyman
Catpersonism' status yet when she stuck her foot out to block Darla
from bringing her booty into the house. Truthfully though, I rather
knew it all along. Sandy has 3 cats (and a d*g) of her own, but I've
lived across the street from her for 6 years, she comes over daily,
and still doesn't know my cats' names.

I hollered "No.......let her in. These Jays mean business ! ! !"

Sandy looked at me like I'd suddenly gone crazy, but stepped aside,
and WOOSH goes this blur of white and black, and yes, blue past Sandy
and into my living room. I followed, and Sandy (reading my mind)
quickly shut the door. Once Darla realized that she was safe, and had
successfully pulled the whole thing off, she (very pleased with
herself) began strutting about with her prize, which of course quickly
drew a feline audience.

I like birds. I don't like it when one of the cats catches one, but
catching birds is what cats do. Well, some cats. I think all cats
want, and even pretend to catch birds, but It takes a pretty clever
kitty to actually take one down. So, being the doting cat mama that I
am, I set in to praising Darla, telling her what a clever little girl
she is, and saying to the other cats "Look you guys, Darla caught a
BIRD" while being careful to keep my eyes averted from the poor
mangled Jay clutched firmly in her jaws.

Louie came yawning into the room at that point. He'd been taking an
afternoon snooze, maybe even dreaming of an evening bike ride, and was
no doubt awakened by the big noise Darla was causing. The second he
caught sight of her sporting that Jay, he became fully awake, and
thinking that bird would look much better in his mouth than Darla's,
made a quick but feeble attempt to blatantly steal that dead Jay. So
far, all I've seen Louie bag, are a few moths and a couple of lizards,
one of which was actually someone else's catch, and had already been
played with to death.

I scolded Louie, and told him to leave Darla alone. If he wants to be
told he's a mighty hunter, he'll have to do better than catching a
dead lizard, or stealing a dead Jay. Not to mention .........
stealing it right in front of me.

Sandy must have had her fill of excitement, because twice she made
mention of 'drinking a cold one' at her house, both times also
commenting on how noisy those Jays outside were still being. She gave
Darla some well-deserved praise, and went home.

I went for the camera…...

.......and my husband, bless his heart, cleaned up the mess when he got
home.

(if you would like to see the picture I took that day of Darla with
her snack, I'm going to post it to a.b.p.a.)

(f you liked this story and want to read the first one I wrote about
Darla, it's on Flippy's cat page http://www.flippyscatpage.com/ in the
main menu, under "Cat Tails".

Old October 20th 04, 09:37 AM
bonbon

CatNipped - Paranoid?? No doubt it's that AWFUL boss of yours. Does
s/he have any cats? If not, we could fix that.

Cheryl - You can't quit. I just got back here after a couple years
without internet, and I need to hear more about your Bonnie. I loved
the post you made telling about her and her little squeaky mouse toys
(and the one that doesn't squeak) so much that I saved it into a
folder for my husband. It made him smile when I read it to him.

-bonbon

Old October 20th 04, 03:22 PM
Nan

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 23:45:25 GMT, "CatNipped"
wrote:

I'd like to apologize to Cheryl for any (unintentional) hurt I may have
caused (I've already emailed her privately to apologize and ask her to come
back to the group).

I noticed that in some of the responses to Cheryl's note some others in the
group seemed to be agreeing with her about me (unless I'm being too
paranoid). If I have given offense to anyone else, I'd like to apologize
for that also. I think the is the nicest, kindest, most sensitive and
thoughtful group of people on earth and I would do anything to keep from
causing dissension here or hurting anyone's feelings.

If this is the case, please let me know either by posting to the group or
emailing me privately, and I will unsubscribe myself from the group - no
hard feelings.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Don't you dare drop out of the group just because someone in the group
had a chip on their shoulder. I was not in rpca when Eric was killed,
but I sent Cheryl purrs and hugs when she posted that it was his
birthday or the date of his death.

I sincerely doubt that there is anyone in this group or any other
group who has not lost a loved one, be it from an accident or natural
causes. I, for one, lost my DH and best friend of 46 years suddenly
from a pulmonary thrombosis after a relatively minor surgery.

Yes, you do grieve when you've lost someone, but after a period of
time you have to get on with your life. Most funeral homes have
support groups to help you through the grieving process.

Ok, it's time to get off the soapbox, and say again DON'T LEAVE THE
GROUP because of this!
--

Nan and the furkids

A wise man talks because he has something to say;
a fool talks because he has to say something.

An apology Bobcat Cat anecdotes 4 September 3rd 04 12:49 PM
OT - An 'apology' to the M.E. Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 8 July 6th 04 02:15 PM