Another BlueBird message

Old September 4th 03, 07:50 PM
Yoj

Default Another BlueBird message

I sent BlueBird many of your messages of sympathy and encouragement, as
well as a couple I received by e-mail. This was her response.

Joy

Will tears be a good enough answer? You take care of that end. OK? I
just can't think of anything but spending time with Little Bit right
now. We've been on the porch since about 5:30 this morning. She's
still out there. It's now after 9 am. Didn't realize it had been that
long that we'd been out there. I hate to do it to her, but I have to
bring her in and get her to drink at the bathroom faucet. That's the
only place she drinks now. Maybe once in a while she will drink at the
drinking fountain that I bought for her. I was planning on buying her a
new one soon. This one is a pain to use. But she loved it so much.
She had even quit drinking from the faucets !!! Gotta go get her. It
will break her heart as that is the ONLY place that she is even alert at
all. She still shuts me out even out there, but she loves watching the
birds and everything that moves.... just being outside. If God takes
her Home, and I believe that He does that for His animal kingdom (I'll
explain sometime why. The cat ng would like to hear it I'm sure)....
anyway if God takes her Home, she is going to LOVE Rainbow Bridge and
all it leads to. I've asked her to promise me that she will check the
Rainbow Bridge often cuz I'm coming there to meet her one day. Not too
soon, I hope. But whenever it is I'm going to look for her right away.
Then I'm going to look for Rick !!!!

Gotta get off here and go get my baby. It is so sad to watch her. My
vet said that she has such a very small portion of ONE kidney left and
considering that, more fluid in her body would only aggravate her
discomfort. He loves animals dearly and has even taken them home with
him and kept 24 hour watch until he either saved them or lost them.
He's dedicated more than any vet I've ever found. And his costs are not
inflated like some of the bigger vet clinics that I've gone to in the
past. He's letting me make payments as he knows I have NO money. Thank
God for that. Not that I begrudge one cent for Little Bit. I'd pay the
rest of my life to pay the bill off if it would save her. We talked at
length of all the options and he said we would be prolonging her
discomfort with any of them. I'm giving her Clavamox I think it is for
the infection and he gave her a big dose of..... can't think of it.
They give the injections to arthritis suffers etc. Anyway he said he's
seen it help dogs. I said go ahead. Anything that might help or even
help keep her discomfort down. I can see it in her eyes, Joy. I've
taken care of a LOT, a whole LOT of cats that were terminal. They know
when to give up and you can see it in their eyes. It's a hollow look.
Nothing seems to penetrate. Not even her beloved BlueBird gets through
to her. It hurts so badly. I know some of the cat people think I
should try the IV's etc. but I can't bear to do something that would
cause her more pain etc. or prolong it. I'm trusting my vet and much
more than that, God. I turned it over to Him as we sat at the vet's the
other day. I even asked Him to intervene for me on Little Bit's behalf.
I asked if it were possible and IF it were His will, would he save her.
I don't want her saved only to live an unhappy life. You know what I
mean. You know how much I love her. I trust God with her life
completely. If she can and should be saved, He WILL do it for me. I
believe that with all my heart. I'm living proof of that very love of
God !!!!!!!!! Ten years past when the doctors said there is no hope.
We can do no more for you. Maybe a week, but no longer......... and
here I am living what I consider a full, happy and content life 10 years
later. So I trust Him. Try to explain to the group. I know some will
not understand. But I do and that's all Little Bit needs. Gotta go.
I'm fading here. Not getting much sleep cuz I hate to give up any time
with her just in case. BTW, please thank those two ladies by e-mail for
me. I just can't do it. Thanks once AGAIN for your help.

BlueBird

Old September 4th 03, 08:29 PM
Bev

Yoj wrote:

[...]

This is so sad, my love and prayers are on their way.

xx Bev
--
God may have created man before woman but there is always a rough draft
before the masterpiece.
Old September 4th 03, 09:59 PM
polonca12000

Hoping for a miracle that would save Little Bit. Hugs to BB and Joy,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yoj" wrote in message
I sent BlueBird many of your messages of sympathy and encouragement, as
well as a couple I received by e-mail. This was her response.

Joy

Will tears be a good enough answer? You take care of that end. OK? I
just can't think of anything but spending time with Little Bit right
now. snip

Old September 4th 03, 10:54 PM
Yowie

Dunno what else to say to Bluebird, besides to offer comfort and friendship.
All circumstances are different, and different people make different
decisions, but that doesn't mean they aren't the best possible decisions
that they can make for their beloved pets if they are made with Love. Let
Love guide her, and she will always do the right thing.

Hugs to Bluebird and scritches to Littlebit.

Yowie

Old September 5th 03, 12:10 AM
Christine Burel

This moved me to tears -- major hugs for Bluebird from us. We'll be
thinking of her and please let her know that she and Little Bit are loved
here and we will send purrayers for Little Bit's comfort and safe journey
when the time comes.
Christine, Omar, Midnight, Oreo, Robin & Tucker

Old September 5th 03, 01:46 AM
fuga =^o^=

Hugs to Bluebird and littlebit. I hope they have some special times over
the next few days and that littlebit starts to feel a little more
comfortable and not so much pain.

Purrs,

fuga

Old September 5th 03, 02:59 AM
bewtifulfreak

Yoj wrote:
I sent BlueBird many of your messages of sympathy and encouragement,
as well as a couple I received by e-mail. This was her response.

snip

I feel so much for what BlueBird is going through, but as far as I'm
concerned, she's doing the right thing in trusting her instincts and going
on faith and the guidance of a caring vet. This must be so painful, but I
think she's handling things very well. And as she said, what is meant to be
will be, just as in her own case. BlueBird, if you get this, I just want
you to know that you and Little Bit have my prayers and warmest thoughts.
All we can ask is that, whatever happens, she not suffer too much, and it
sounds like you are doing everything you can to see that this is the case.
You sound like such a caring and strong person, with all you've been
through; bless you for being such a good friend to Little Bit and doing all
the best for her.

Healing hugs to both of you,
Ann

--

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/bewtifulfreak

Old September 5th 03, 12:33 PM
JHBennett

Joy,
This kind of thing simply tears me up. Long sad story, but we lost the
world's greatest dog to kidney failure. However, one thing that came up,
which we didn't have time to pursue, was that the state university vet.
school was doing organ transplants. It is not beyone the realm of the
possible that Little Bit could receive a healhy kidney from another cat.
From the sound of things, Bluebird will need an assist to pull it off, and
Little Bit could use some luck--which she's probably due, considering things
haven't been going her way.
Hope for the best,
Jack

Old September 5th 03, 07:23 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

JHBennett wrote:

Joy,
This kind of thing simply tears me up. Long sad story, but we lost the
world's greatest dog to kidney failure. However, one thing that came up,
which we didn't have time to pursue, was that the state university vet.
school was doing organ transplants. It is not beyone the realm of the
possible that Little Bit could receive a healhy kidney from another cat.
From the sound of things, Bluebird will need an assist to pull it off, and
Little Bit could use some luck--which she's probably due, considering things
haven't been going her way.

Well, whether one is willing to put another creature through that would
depend upon how one regards organ transplants for HUMANS! (Personally,
until they develop the ability to clone organs in a tank, independent of
other living creatures, I regard it as a form of cannbalism, and want
none of it!) Life is a fatal disease - we all have to die of something,
sometime, and postponing demise by extreme methods seems rather
pointless (IMO, of course). I often wish we humans had the choice for
ourselves that we have for our terminally ill companion animals.