PING Mishi Art Show

Old July 12th 04, 02:14 PM
jmcquown

Default PING Mishi Art Show

(duplicate posting in case I can't find my earlier post to reply)
Mishi wrote:
Hi Jill,

Where is the show going to be held at in Syracuse? I am only about 15
to 20 minutes from there!

Patti

Hi Patti! I don't know the exact location or the "name" of the show. The
dates are 7/16 - 7/18. If the process holds true to past form, the
exhibitors set up Friday morning and there would be a "preview" that
evening, usually 5 or 6 PM until dusk. Then the show would run from around
10-6 Saturday and Sunday. I'll try to get and post the particulars when he
calls today. He's already up there; his mother lives in Rochester.

If you send me an email with a valid reply address I'll fill you in as soon
as I know the location.

Jill

Old July 13th 04, 04:27 PM
jmcquown

The art show is an "arts and crafts" show to be held in Columbus Circle.
Hope that helps.

Jill

Old July 13th 04, 04:27 PM
jmcquown

Old July 14th 04, 03:00 AM
Mishi

"jmcquown" wrote in message
The art show is an "arts and crafts" show to be held in Columbus Circle.
Hope that helps.

Jill

Hi Jill!

That does help alot - that is right in downtown Syracuse. Is it going on all
weekend? What does your DH specialize in? I have to work Sat. afternoon, but
may be able to get there on Sun. Sorry we didn't get to meet, and good luck
purrs to your mom and dad on their surgeries!

Patti

Old July 14th 04, 06:14 AM
jmcquown

Mishi wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
The art show is an "arts and crafts" show to be held in Columbus
Circle. Hope that helps.

Jill

Hi Jill!

That does help alot - that is right in downtown Syracuse. Is it going
on all weekend? What does your DH specialize in? I have to work Sat.
afternoon, but may be able to get there on Sun. Sorry we didn't get
to meet, and good luck purrs to your mom and dad on their surgeries!

Patti

Saturday/Sunday. He's a painter. Oil is the medium he loves. Most of his
work starts off impressionistic but then ventures into jazz/blues themes.
Dark, smokey colours for the most part; very moody. (Lately he's begun
using some bright acrylics to express the same sort of things, trying to
venture out.) Don't be surprised by the price tags; he ain't cheap,
darlin'. But if you express any sort of appreciation for the work he'll
talk to you whether you plan to buy anything or not. He lives and breathes
paint.

If you see him, please just say (without prior warning) "Hai Goo Bai say 4
paintings, 3 not so good" just to see how he reacts. I'm betting he will
fall off his chair and ask "WHAT DID YOU SAY?" It used to be a private
joke. Heheh. I'll explain it later.

Jill