A response from BlueBird (long)

Old September 28th 03, 12:28 AM
Yoj

Default A response from BlueBird (long)

Several of you have posted or e-mailed regarding your concern about
BlueBird giving garlic to LittleBit. I passed on your concerns to her,
and this was her response:

Joy, I only used the garlic once. You know me, I went to the net and
asked some questions and got back the fact that the garlic as well as
onions, which I'd not ever fed or nor would I be likely to ever feed
her. Even now, her appetite is so poor that I'd not introduce anything
that she didn't already LOVE. That's why I didn't continue with the
garlic. She wasn't interested in it any way !!!! Told y'all that I
have a smart, very smart cat. I do so very much appreciate those on the
cat ng who are keeping me informed. I really do appreciate any post at
all from them.

My main interest now is the diabetes. Tammy has a LOT of animals from
horses to cats. She's been feeding the garlic for quite a while (years)
now. But I know that cats have a different system than most animals.
In fact, believe it or not, they are most closely like a bird than any
other animal as far as their systems go. That's why I've never fed my
cats onions. And garlic is a no no for birds too. The vet I used to
have is pretty well know through out the entire country. She very
active, too. She deals with everything, but her are of expertise is
cats and birds. Because of the fact that they are so similar, she
would be able to keep pretty much the same meds etc. The rest of the
animal kingdom entered into her practice just like any other vet.......
the clients brought them too her. She's worked in some pretty upscale
zoos and is familiar with almost every animal etc. Problem is that even
though she has always been way high, she just built a brand new up to
date and complete in every way clinic. So you know who's paying for
that clinic !!!!! YUP ! Me and all the other clients she has. When I
had the store, between all my pets, the store birds, my birds in the
breeder rooms AND all the people that I sent to her. I was in a
position to be able to talk to a lot of people and send them to her.
She's always been good to me because of that, also we are/were good
friends and I had a lot of little patients, big patients for her all the
time !!!!! I was pretty well known myself in the area of birds as I
found it just natural for me and I learned quickly. I also had a LOT of
'things' to study on when I worked in the pet shop that I managed and
then when I had my own store. Not meaning to brag. I just meant to say
that I'm well versed in birds and not as much, but kind of with cats.
I've always had a lot of cats and saw to it they got good vet care.....
which taught me also on how to care for some of it myself. But I'm
totally unfamiliar with the diabetes in cats. I need help. I know that
the herbs are what brought her around and on her way back, because she
was getting nothing else...... just the anti-biotic AND A LOT OF LOVE
!!!!! I just need all the help I can get from the experience of other
cat lovers who have been there. My vet I have now is good, but I'd like
to be well versed as possible BEFORE I tell him next week one day about
the diabetes. I'm due to go pick up some flea stuff (which I really
can't not put on her neck, because she is wanting to go out so often and
the fleas are BAD here this year.)

I always knew that the cat news group was the place I felt most
comfortable ( except for the over 55 ng that I've posted in for 5-6
years...... until recently as I've not been able to post anywhere). BUT
I didn't know that I was going to depend upon them so for support and in
knowledge in this present situation, because I never dreamed I'd be in
this situation !!!!!

This has left me about whooped and needing to head back to bed. I'm
staying there as much as possible on the week-ends as I very rarely see
anyone all week-end long. Therefore there wouldn't have anyone to wake
me up if I fall asleep. Even if I'm not sleeping, but watching TV or
listening to an audio book or working on paper work..... I still rest
more than I would if I were out in the living room. If out there I end
up on my feet most of the day, doing things that I've let go for the
past almost 4 weeks !!!!!!

Talk to you later...... please tell the cat ng how much they are keeping
me level with their sweet and informative posts. I really count on
them. I don't hear much from afpf....... but then I never post any more
either....... anywhere.

Old September 28th 03, 04:58 AM
Steve Touchstone

Please let BB know that the prayers and purrs for both her and Little
Bit are coming.

Glad to hear that she checked out the advice about the garlic and only
gave it Little Bit the once. I'm hoping that Little Bit's appetite
comes back, and that BB and LB will have years more together.

Wish I had some experience about diabetes, but I know that others
here will be able to help with their own experiences.

LB and BB remain in prayers, and my Little Bit, Sammy and Rocky are
still sending out the purrs for both

Old September 28th 03, 11:23 AM
polonca12000

Continued purrs and best wishes for LittleBit and BlueBird. Thanks for
letting us know, Joy,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Yoj" wrote in message
Several of you have posted or e-mailed regarding your concern about
BlueBird giving garlic to LittleBit. I passed on your concerns to her,
and this was her response:

Joy, I only used the garlic once. snip