Spiteful Lizzie

Old October 18th 04, 09:26 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default Spiteful Lizzie

OK, Lizzie picked DH out when he visited the local shelter - that I'm fine
with. I'm also fine with the fact that she loves on him - aggressively -
when he sits at his computer, wanting to be on his chest/stomach so that
he's almost reclining in his office chair, and kneading his belly with ALL
FOUR PAWS (even though we trim the front, I don't think I could tolerate it
a bit).

But now, just this morning, after I got up, stumbled into the kitchen in
search of a liquid form of caffeine (not liking coffee, it's usually tea, or
soda), I made my way to my desk to check the email & newsgroup postings.

Not five minutes after I sit down , I smell this god-awful smell, and it's
emanating from under my desk. I look, and there sits Lizzie, with a smug
look on her face, tinkling on the floor!

I'm not sure if she's telling me that a) litterboxes need changed, b) how
dare you lock me out of the bedroom!, c) GET RID OF THOSE @#$!@$% KITTENS,
or d) she hates me more that I originally thought, or if she's in need of a
dr's visit (and since I'm the one who will take her, I will become even
higher on her hate-list).

I suppose a visit to Dr is due, just to rule out anything medical (we lost
Ivy to CRF almost 2 years ago...)
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old October 19th 04, 12:42 AM
Annie Wxill

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
.... I suppose a visit to Dr is due, just to rule out anything medical (we
lost
Ivy to CRF almost 2 years ago...)

I hope it turns out to be just a one-time thing. If not, then something
easily treated. It makes you nervous when you've already experienced a
loss.
Annie

Old October 19th 04, 04:29 AM
Dan M

I suppose a visit to Dr is due, just to rule out anything medical (we lost
Ivy to CRF almost 2 years ago...)

Oh dear! We'll be purring that Lizzie will check out ok.
Old October 19th 04, 04:29 AM
Dan M

Old October 19th 04, 04:29 AM
Dan M

Old October 19th 04, 02:46 PM
jemifur

[...]

You may want to have a look at something before you assume worse case
scenario (CRF or a spiteful cat). Lizzie is a female cat, and having
only been owned by male cats I may be way off base, but the fallowing
happened to me three days ago. I was standing next to DH, who was
reclining in a chair. Simba was on the back of the chair chewing on
the leather. I picked Simba up with one hand under his bottom and one
under his two front arms. To my surprise he urinated on my hand -
just a little trickle. Now, this cat loves DH and is not overly fond
of me, but he had never gone so far as to pee on me. Well, I put him
down and he walked a few feet and then dribbled a little more urine on
the carpet. At this point I realized something was not right, Simba
looked so upset that he had gone outside his box, and he had never wet
on the carpet before. My DH happens to have a Doctorate in Animal
Science/ Physiology so looked at Simba. After gently pulling aside
the sheath of the penis, we noticed that Simba had a fairly large
piece of cat litter stuck to his penis. He had been unable to clean
it off via the usual licking because every time he went to "unsheathe"
and clean it rubbed the piece of litter, causing pain. We wiped off
the litter with a cool damp cloth, and have looked at the spot for the
last two nights. Simba is doing just fine and has had no more
accidents. Lizzie is female, but you may want to have a look at her
back-end anyhow, just to be sure it is not just a piece of something
causing irritation and elimination problems.

Old October 19th 04, 02:46 PM
jemifur

[...]

Lizzie the Defender (ouchies) Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 24 July 2nd 04 10:13 PM
Just call me Lizzie O J Cat anecdotes 56 June 19th 04 01:16 AM
Lizzie & Weeble Piccies Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 15 April 3rd 04 09:36 PM