Big puuuter problems heer!

Old June 12th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Default Big puuuter problems heer!

Hihi Kitties,
Fred and I haven't gotten a lotuv slepe. Tha poooter has been
giffin problums and Fred has re-installed da system twice in 2 daze.
We're changin applicashuns and da threwput is terrible. We hasn't been
able tu get onto da newsgroops and we went fur a long tim without bein
able to receev emails. Tonite we can't use da browzer and effurryfing is
furry slow. He klicks on an artickle hedder and it takes a kuple uv
minutes to see da artickle.
We'z not happi. purr fur owr pooter and internet conneckshun.
Somefin is reely rotten on da net!

Cinnamon

--
/home/just/sig1.txt
Old June 12th 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Jun 11, 8:11*pm, Fred wrote:
Hihi Kitties,
* * * * Fred and I haven't gotten a lotuv slepe. *Tha poooter has been
giffin problums and Fred has re-installed da system twice in 2 daze. *
We're changin applicashuns and da threwput is terrible. *We hasn't been
able tu get onto da newsgroops and we went fur a long tim without bein
able to receev emails. *Tonite we can't use da browzer and effurryfing is
furry slow. *He klicks on an artickle hedder and it takes a kuple uv
minutes to see da artickle.
* * * * We'z not happi. *purr fur owr pooter and internet conneckshun. *
Somefin is reely rotten on da net!

Cinnamon

Gud wuk. Wee let Uncl Bill doo all da puter wurk an wee make him
getted it rite, sew wee can tal to r frenz

--
WooToo, wiff Sunrise an Maggy May

--
/home/just/sig1.txt

Old June 12th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Mishi wrote:

Fred wrote:
Hihi Kitties,
Fred and I haven't gotten a lotuv slepe. Tha poooter has been
giffin problums and Fred has re-installed da system twice in 2 daze.
We're changin applicashuns and da threwput is terrible. We hasn't been
able tu get onto da newsgroops and we went fur a long tim without bein
able to receev emails. Tonite we can't use da browzer and effurryfing is
furry slow. He klicks on an artickle hedder and it takes a kuple uv
minutes to see da artickle.
We'z not happi. purr fur owr pooter and internet conneckshun.
Somefin is reely rotten on da net!

Cinnamon

Fred, do you use the Google search bar? I had problems like yours, and
was ready to throw my 'puter out the window, when I came upon someone
who had the same problem and updated the google bar. Seems like one of
Google's updates had caused the problem, and subsequent updates fixed it.

Just a thought
Mishi

Yes, OH, Byt the way, I'm getting things fixed up here again. It took some
time, and there's still some ways to go, but it's starting to come
together.
Yes, as I was saying there was a Google search bar on my Mozilla Firefox
browser, but I took it out as soon as I saw it. Well, I took it off the
address bar by configuring it, I imagine it's still installed on the
system somewhere, but it won't be activated.
I am back as of just a few minutes ago and I know some more about fixing
Ubuntu Linux. I don't think it's a problem with my treasured Linux, but
perhaps the result of an attack on the system by someone who knew what
she/he was doing. Anyway I've gradually been fixing things. I've asked
for help a couple of times and then fixed things myself before the help
could get back to me. YAY!
This morning I lost my "Panel" and "Task Bar." It was quite a panic when I
couldn't launch programs in the usual way. The last time I had this, I
reinstalled the system, but that wasn't solving the problem. Gradually I
found work arounds and eventually a fix. If I press F1 the function key,
I get a help window. In that help window were some html links and by
clciking on one I could start up my browser. Then I could use the "Open
File" command to get listings of the file system. Now there was no way
Firefox would open an executable file, but I tried dragging the file from
the "Open File" window to the desktop and low and behold it created a link,
(shortcut), to the program which I could then double click on to run the
program. This was a crude launching mechanism that I used to open up other
channels and methods until I could launch just about anything on the
system.
Eventually I found that the "panel" program wasn't there. It had been
clobbered by somebody/something and so I got into the package installer and
downloaded a new one and found that there was a appelet blocking the
installation, (go figure?), when I cleared that and finished up, there were
my panel and task bar back again. Things have been picking up all day
since then. I'm feeling incredibly clever and resourceful. There probably
will be no living with me now.(;-)) Poor Cinnamon will have a very smug
hooman servant for the next few days. Unless something else goes wrong.
more later!

--
Peace,
Fred
Old June 12th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Cory wrote:

In article ,
says...
Fred wrote:
[...]

If you have anti-virus software installed, don't forget to run a virus
scan, either.

--- Cory

I answered this earlier today, but that other news reader didn't send it,
there was an error on the net. Linux doesn't have many viri. I think
there have been 6 over all recorded history and they can't do damage like
the Windows viri, because of the different memory management and
partitioning of the disks, if you use it that way, etc.
I suspect it was an intentional attack by a hacker, but I can't prove it
and hopefully it'll be someone who will find more interesting things to do
as time wears on.
It is a bad feeling being out of touch, but great to overcome adversity.

How is everybody? I'm finding out as I go through the messages.

Old June 12th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Will in New Haven wrote:

On Jun 11, 8:11Â*pm, Fred wrote:
Hihi Kitties,
Fred and I haven't gotten a lotuv slepe. Â*Tha poooter has been
giffin problums and Fred has re-installed da system twice in 2 daze.
We're changin applicashuns and da threwput is terrible. Â*We hasn't been
able tu get onto da newsgroops and we went fur a long tim without bein
able to receev emails. Â*Tonite we can't use da browzer and effurryfing is
furry slow. Â*He klicks on an artickle hedder and it takes a kuple uv
minutes to see da artickle.
We'z not happi. Â*purr fur owr pooter and internet conneckshun.
Somefin is reely rotten on da net!

Cinnamon

Gud wuk. Wee let Uncl Bill doo all da puter wurk an wee make him
getted it rite, sew wee can tal to r frenz

--
WooToo, wiff Sunrise an Maggy May

Yeah. It's been a problem an when Fred is panicing about da pooter I don't
get much attenshun. I'm going to get him to spend some time playin wif me
now. So see you later tonight.
As of now, most uv da stuff iz werking on our pooter again. Maybe better
than befur.

Cinnamon

Old June 13th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_4_]

Did you use highjackthis yet?

my little contribution.

Sylvia
Old June 13th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Will in New Haven

On Jun 12, 3:34*pm, Fred wrote:
Will in New Haven wrote:

On Jun 11, 8:11*pm, Fred wrote:
[...]

Uncl Fred shud alweez fine thyme two pway wiff yoo. Butted hee will
mak up four it wen da puter iz fixd. Or yoo ken pee in hiz shooz.

Uncl Bill cam hom an givd mee fudz an cleend out myown litterbox. Den
Bear givd him a walk. Sew I was ready to play an HEE TUK A GNAP. Wut
iz up wid DAT? It wuz still light in da winnow. Iz hee gettin old?

Den hee wokd up (an I wuz getting REDDY too pee in hiz shooz) an playd
wiff me wile hee watchd dem play bounceeball on TV an wistened to
baseball on da radio. Dat wuz nise butted he messd up myown SKEDYOOL.
Yoo wud fink he wud at weest consult wiff meownself.

--
WooToo
Old June 13th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

Uncl Bill cam hom an givd mee fudz an cleend out myown litterbox. Den
Bear givd him a walk. Sew I was ready to play an HEE TUK A GNAP. Wut
iz up wid DAT? It wuz still light in da winnow. Iz hee gettin old?

Den hee wokd up (an I wuz getting REDDY too pee in hiz shooz) an playd
wiff me wile hee watchd dem play bounceeball on TV an wistened to
baseball on da radio. Dat wuz nise butted he messd up myown SKEDYOOL.
Yoo wud fink he wud at weest consult wiff meownself.

Humans can be very bad about that.

My Paw-human complains a lot about the light in the window. It's very
common to hear him muttering stuff like "It's 8:30 in the damn night and
the damn sun is still up. It's supposed to be dark. Where's my dark? I
like the dark. Damned sun. Damned Daylight Savings Time. Stupid damned
idea. It's supposed to be dark now." And stuff like that. He IS getting
old. In fact, he's older than all six of us kitties ages combined!

Amelia
Old June 13th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs ^..^[_3_]

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:29:16 -0700 (PDT), Will in New Haven's nimble,
little paws typed:

Den hee wokd up (an I wuz getting REDDY too pee in hiz shooz) an playd
wiff me wile hee watchd dem play bounceeball on TV an wistened to
baseball on da radio. Dat wuz nise butted he messd up myown SKEDYOOL.
Yoo wud fink he wud at weest consult wiff meownself.

Y'kno, dese sekretariez finks dey is in charj. Hah!
--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

little, the cats become its visible soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

6/13/2008 12:34:36 PM

It's tew hawt heer Mosey =^. .^= Cat community 10 May 22nd 08 06:04 PM
Itz noisy heer! Mme. Anaïs ^..^ Cat community 17 January 16th 07 09:55 PM
Itz Heer! Da Koster Katz Cat community 1 December 26th 04 02:09 AM
Is anybody heer? Rachel Cat community 8 August 15th 04 06:04 PM
Heer Boogie... Boogie's Mom Cat community 3 October 17th 03 04:56 AM