my log-on message

Old December 11th 04, 07:37 AM
Katrina

Yep- I'd love to have the Grouch back in OS-X. It would be SO cool
with the new hardware and graphics. Oh, well, I'll just have to fire
up one of the OLD computers now and then to get my Grouch fix.

Katrina

On 2004-12-10 19:07:46 -0800, Zorin the Lynx said:

Isn't it sad how big corporations will sometimes step on things like
this, which pose absolutely NO threat to them?

I've always wondered why they do this. In the mid 90's they'd go after
fan websites of their productions, until they realized it was bad press
and stopped.

Big corporations are truly cold and heartless, with only a few exceptions. {

-Z

Katrina wrote:

I'm still bummed that "the Grouch" went by the wayside in System 7 or
so. For those who never knew about it, "the Grouch" was a little
program for Macs that modified the trashcan. When you put a file into
the trash, Oscar the Grouch from Sesame Street would pop out and sing
"Oh, I Love Trash..." When the Muppets were bought by Disney, the
Disney lawyers put a stop to it. I guess Jim Henson didn't mind, but
Disney sure did.

Katrina

Old December 11th 04, 12:18 PM
Adrian

Magic Mood JeepĀ© wrote:
I added a sound bite from a movie to a co-workers computer, and set
it for their start-up sound. Said co-worker was NOT very computer
literate, and the sound bite was from the movie Army of Darkness. It
said in a very authortative voice: "Don't touch that please, your
primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and
...things with molecular structures."

She got a kick out of it. Next thing I knew, half the computers at
work had that as a start-up sound! I heard it from at least 5
different cubicles one morning. Someone even put it on the IT guy's
computer. He was not amused. It wasn't the sound bite that bothered
him, more the fact that someone with keys to his office messed with
his 'puter. Turns out it was *his* boss.

I still have that sound bite, in .wav form if anybody wants it.

Yes please, adrian at ailurophile dot org dot uk I can put it on my
mother's computer. :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old December 12th 04, 01:02 AM
Tanada

Yowie wrote:

I fondly remember the AppleII as well. I can even remember our school
getting its first and not being allowed to join the resulting computer
club... because I was a *girl*. My how things have changed....

Still, my favourite "computer" of all time would have to be the Commodore
64, if I coulad get my hands on one, and had *any* idea where all the cool
games I had went, I wouldn't need an xbox.

Vicky, you can get most games for the commodore and an emulator that
should work with most programs (It really hates XP for whatever reason)
on the net. If you start with http://www.c64.com/ you can find emulator
sites and also download programs from that site, or from links it will
send you to.

Pam S. who is still fighting that nasty XP programing on her puter

Old December 12th 04, 02:29 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --