A favor (OT)

Old June 24th 10, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default A favor (OT)

I'd like to ask a favor of posters here. Several times lately, someone has
mentioned their weather. I have a hard time remembering where people live.
When mentioning weather, it would be kind to those of us who aren't as young
as we used to be if you'd give a clue as to approximately where you live.
:-)

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

Old June 24th 10, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Joy wrote:
I'd like to ask a favor of posters here. Several times lately, someone has
mentioned their weather. I have a hard time remembering where people live.
When mentioning weather, it would be kind to those of us who aren't as young
as we used to be if you'd give a clue as to approximately where you live.
:-)

I know I am guilty of that. Today I posted about snow on the close
mountains: Salt Lake City, Utah. I am not only not as young as I
used to be but feel like I never was! Best wishes. MLB
Old June 24th 10, 01:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"MLB" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
I'd like to ask a favor of posters here. Several times lately, someone
has mentioned their weather. I have a hard time remembering where people
live. When mentioning weather, it would be kind to those of us who aren't
as young as we used to be if you'd give a clue as to approximately where
you live. :-)

I know I am guilty of that. Today I posted about snow on the close
mountains: Salt Lake City, Utah. I am not only not as young as I used
to be but feel like I never was! Best wishes. MLB

Thanks, MLB. You live in beautiful country. I flew my family there (from
Southern California, where I live) for a few days shortly after I got my
private pilot license. That was many years ago. I haven't flown (as pilot)
for years. We made a side trip to Bryce Canyon on the way home.
Breathtaking!

Joy

Old June 24th 10, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"Joy" wrote in
:

I'd like to ask a favor of posters here. Several times lately,
someone has mentioned their weather. I have a hard time remembering
where people live. When mentioning weather, it would be kind to those
of us who aren't as young as we used to be if you'd give a clue as to
approximately where you live.
:-)

I've often wondered too where the people live when they mention the
weather. Glad you made the request.

Bobble
Old June 24th 10, 02:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Joy" wrote in message
. ..
I'd like to ask a favor of posters here. Several times lately, someone
has mentioned their weather. I have a hard time remembering where people
live. When mentioning weather, it would be kind to those of us who aren't
as young as we used to be if you'd give a clue as to approximately where
you live. :-)

--
Joy

Don't believe everything you think

East Texas--and it was 100+ degrees F today. And humid. Incredibly hot!

Despite that, it is beautiful--huge trees and beautiful flowers.

MaryL

Old June 24th 10, 03:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MaryL wrote:

I'd like to ask a favor of posters here. Several times lately, someone
has mentioned their weather. I have a hard time remembering where people
live. When mentioning weather, it would be kind to those of us who aren't
as young as we used to be if you'd give a clue as to approximately where
you live. :-)

East Texas--and it was 100+ degrees F today. And humid. Incredibly hot!

Despite that, it is beautiful--huge trees and beautiful flowers.

I usually remember everyone's location - that's one thing I *do*
remember, when I often forget all sorts of other things. Whenever I
see someone's name, I immediately imagine the location where they
are, and where their location is in relation to me. It's an unconscious
habit - I don't try to remember locations, it just pops into my mind
whenever someone posts or emails me, or when I think of that person.

However, I didn't remember your location - I always thought of you as
being in the midwest for reason. Maybe I never knew to begin with. One
thing that does happen is, if for some reason I get the wrong information
about someone's location, I will imagine them in the wrong location
whenever I think of them. Then when I find out where they really are,
I sometimes can't make the change in my head. So I might always picture
a midwestern state whenever I see your posts, even though I now know
the facts.

Joyce - SF Bay Area, in case anyone does the same thing I do
Old June 24th 10, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message
MaryL wrote:

[...]

Perhaps you picture the midwest because I grew up in northeast Ohio, and I
have mentioned that in some messages.

MaryL

Old June 24th 10, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MaryL wrote:

wrote in message

if for some reason I get the wrong information
about someone's location, I will imagine them in the wrong location
whenever I think of them. Then when I find out where they really are,
I sometimes can't make the change in my head. So I might always picture
a midwestern state whenever I see your posts, even though I now know
the facts.

Perhaps you picture the midwest because I grew up in northeast Ohio, and I
have mentioned that in some messages.

That might be. I even imagine the midwest when I think of Holly and
Duffy! (And I'm sure *they* never grew up in Ohio!)

Joyce

--
The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.
Old June 24th 10, 05:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

wrote in message

That might be. I even imagine the midwest when I think of Holly and
Duffy! (And I'm sure *they* never grew up in Ohio!)

Joyce

--

Nope. They are Texans--but they don't have a Texas accent.

MaryL

Old June 24th 10, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

MaryL wrote:

wrote in message

That might be. I even imagine the midwest when I think of Holly and
Duffy! (And I'm sure *they* never grew up in Ohio!)

Joyce

--

Nope. They are Texans--but they don't have a Texas accent.

MaryL

Do they do meowtalk, like on RPCC? MLB