Kitten

Old September 20th 03, 12:18 AM
Carol In WI

Default Kitten

My daughter's room's cat had a litter of 2, the one was litter train very
easy, of course the one she kept, has not caught on. What can she do to
train it to go in the box? She's tried letting her smell it and then put it
in the box for her to smell and get the idea. No luck. Carol In WI

Old September 20th 03, 12:39 AM
Gail

She should make sure the kitten is in a room of its own with litter, water,
food, and a bed. Kittens are often too young to wander a house and find
their way back to the box. Make sure the litter tray has low sides and use
unscented, clumping litter. Have her put the kitten in the tray several
times per day.
Gail

Old September 20th 03, 05:07 PM
Ellie Pea

"Carol In WI" wrote in message
My daughter's room's cat had a litter of 2, the one was litter train very
easy, of course the one she kept, has not caught on. What can she do to
train it to go in the box? She's tried letting her smell it and then put

it
in the box for her to smell and get the idea. No luck. Carol In WI

I thought you weren't supposed to use clumping litter with kittens as they
sometimes eat litter and clumping litter can swell and cause them severe
stomach problems.

Old September 22nd 03, 03:18 PM
The 9 Kitty Brats

Hi Carol,

When I was litter box training my kittens I would take their poop and put it
in the litter box. Don't let kitty see you do it though, because then they will
think that you will just clean up after them after they go. Do it during play
time away from the litter area.
Also keeping the kitten in a bedroom where they can get to the box ASAP is
the best. Babies often forget that they have to go till it is almost too late.
After kitty eats or after play time stick kitten in the box.
I used soda box flats for my babies litter boxes they work nice. Use unscented
and non clumping litter because baby might try to taste test it.
I hope this helps keep us posted.
Amber, and the 10 Rescued Kitty Brats, 6 Fish, 3 LOUD Birds, & 1 Snake.
S*T*R*E*S*S That confusion created when ones mind overrides the bodies basic
desire to choke the living crap out of some jerk that deserves it.

Guest Cat & Kitten LOL Cat anecdotes 30 August 10th 04 02:08 PM
Any tips for introducing kitten to older cat? blkcatgal Cat health & behaviour 6 August 3rd 03 09:17 PM
Resident female cat does not accept new kitten Help!!!!! Dan Coleman Cat health & behaviour 4 July 23rd 03 04:55 PM