BIRDS, BIRDS, BIRDS!

Old April 19th 04, 06:17 AM
Sherry

In a horrible sort of role reversal the Audoboners never seem to
mention, my brother was out walking his d*g before sunrise not long
ago and saw a huge owl seize and fly away with a cat.

Hey, this happens. I don't know how often (I'd think it's rare in the daytime;
I don't ever even see owls out then). But my sister in law watched an owl carry
off one of her kittens.

Sherry
Old April 20th 04, 03:56 AM
LOL

John F. Eldredge wrote in message . ..

My parents once had an elderly (15 years old) cat disappear, with no
clues except a small patch of blood on the front porch. We never
found out what happened to Tinkerbelle, but there had been a large
hawk in the neighborhood a few days earlier, so it is possible that
the hawk caught her.

I have seen hawks taking squirrels out of the trees; cats are not
*that* much bigger, so I don't see any reason why that couldn't have
happened.

------
Krista

Old April 20th 04, 04:34 AM
Mishi

"LOL" wrote in message
om...

I have seen hawks taking squirrels out of the trees; cats are not

*that* much bigger, so I don't see any reason why that couldn't have
happened.
------
Krista

I remember when I was growing up that one of our cats, a HUGE black tom by
the name of Satan came home with horrible gashes down both sides. My mother
thought that an owl had tried to get him, but he was too large for the owl
to pick up. A couple days later we found the scene of the attack, and from
the owl feathers there, it looked as so he gave as good as he got! He
recovered well, but we noticed that he never really wanted to go outside at
night after that.

Patti

Old April 20th 04, 04:34 AM
Mishi

"LOL" wrote in message
om...

I have seen hawks taking squirrels out of the trees; cats are not

*that* much bigger, so I don't see any reason why that couldn't have
happened.
------
Krista

I remember when I was growing up that one of our cats, a HUGE black tom by
the name of Satan came home with horrible gashes down both sides. My mother
thought that an owl had tried to get him, but he was too large for the owl
to pick up. A couple days later we found the scene of the attack, and from
the owl feathers there, it looked as so he gave as good as he got! He
recovered well, but we noticed that he never really wanted to go outside at
night after that.

Patti

antifreeze warning Caroline S. Cat anecdotes 34 March 7th 04 08:10 AM
Cats hunt birds, but... Hans Schrøder Cat anecdotes 6 January 15th 04 05:11 AM
Cats and Birds Brad Snow Cat anecdotes 7 November 23rd 03 09:41 PM
Cats and birds? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 16 October 15th 03 04:49 AM