Update on Foster Kitty

Old April 18th 04, 11:33 PM
JoJo

Default Update on Foster Kitty

Hello there. Yertle has been home for two days now, I'm keeping him
seperate from the rest of the crew for now. I let him out w/his brothers
and my other fosters only under my supervision.

He is eating well on his own, vet wants him on soft diet for 3 weeks. He's
gobbling it down without problem (then again so are my other hogs that are
able to get into his expen). He has shown interest in dry food, but I take
the bowl away before he can try to eat it.

He's perking up too. Playing with his brothers and biting at my hair. He's
also been trying to chew on a few things (like my shoes or fingers), doesn't
appear to bother him (although I try to discourage him). His one pupil is
blown, which is the eye he is blind in, although he's compensating well.

Apparently he's not afraid of the dogs either - Izzy (my golden - not the
one that bit him, she's too gentle) stuck her head in his carrier the other
day, Yertle didn't even hiss. And when the dogs run past his expen it he
just lays back and looks at them. No cowering in the corner, thankfully.

I'll have him for about 3-4 more weeks. All fosters went to the shelter for
their bimonthly checkup. Sergio (same house different litter) stayed, he's
now big enough to get fixed and get adopted. The others go back in two
weeks, chances are Max and Sam will also be staying (boy will I cry when I
have to say goodbye to Max!) and going up for adoption. Yertle will be
coming back with me until we are sure he is mended and doing well. Then
I'll go thru the tears again when I have to say goodbye to him. The hard
part of fostering, saying goodbye to your babies.

Dad is doing well, he has stopped taking the one heart med he was on and has
had no more problems. He went out for dinner with a friend the other nite
and did not get home until near midnight (you go dad!).

Thank you all for prayers and purrs. Now, can I get someone to do my
homework for me? (there should be a law about adults having to do
homework....)

--
JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

Old April 19th 04, 01:06 AM
Hopitus2

Blessed be Yertle. May he live long and prosper. As I have stated before,
Blind Terrorist Rowdy's blind left eye is *not* a pretty sight, but the
hoomins here don't look so great themselves either on weekends, shuffling
like zombies toward the coffeemaker and cat food bowls after concentrated
prodding by the short furry people who dictate to them. Find Yertle a loving
forever home; he sounds like he's healing well all around. You sound better
as well.

"Cheryl" wrote in message
: "JoJo" dumped this in news:VPidne4YJO7Mnx7dRVn-
: on 18 Apr 2004:
:
: Hello there. Yertle has been home for two days now, I'm keeping him
: seperate from the rest of the crew for now. I let him out w/his
brothers
: and my other fosters only under my supervision.
:
: I'm so glad he's home and doing better, and not afraid of the dogs.
What
: a relief, I'm sure! Purrs that he finds his onetruehome when the time
: comes.
:
: Dad is doing well, he has stopped taking the one heart med he was on
: and has had no more problems. He went out for dinner with a friend
: the other nite and did not get home until near midnight (you go dad!).
:
: More good news. I'm glad all is turning out ok for you and yours, Jo.
:
:
: --
: Cheryl

Old April 19th 04, 02:12 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , JoJo at
wrote on 4/18/04 5:33 PM:

[...]

Good to hear it is going well!

Karen

Old April 19th 04, 02:21 AM
JP Hobbs

Good to hearYertle is doing well,that crying when you give the babies up
sounds much the same as when I had to give up my human fosters for
adoption, or returned to their mums,which is sometimes a worse scenario,
but fortunately not always. Jean.P.

Old April 19th 04, 03:51 AM
lrulan

So glad to hear the little kitty is mending and doing well. We purr and pray
for all the foster babies to find their forever homes. God bless you.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time