I'm the worse daddy in the world!

Old April 21st 04, 01:33 PM
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
needing strong insecticides the better. And if none of us are suffering from
fleas, why bother?

That's a good point. Our crew is indoor-only and I've never actually
seen a flea on them (except Basho and Issa when we first got them, and
they were quickly bathed to kill the fleas). I'm mostly concerned with
heartworm, since we have a lot of mosquitoes here. There are also feral
cats in the garden that most probably have fleas, which can jump off
them and into our cats when they're in their enclosure.
We usually only treat them in the warm months though.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old April 21st 04, 01:59 PM
MaryL

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Yowie wrote:
needing strong insecticides the better. And if none of us are suffering

from
fleas, why bother?

That's a good point. Our crew is indoor-only and I've never actually
seen a flea on them (except Basho and Issa when we first got them, and
they were quickly bathed to kill the fleas). I'm mostly concerned with
heartworm, since we have a lot of mosquitoes here. There are also feral
cats in the garden that most probably have fleas, which can jump off
them and into our cats when they're in their enclosure.
We usually only treat them in the warm months though.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he
Email me he

I use Heartgard for heartworm prevention. Holly will eat it from a bowl if
I crumble it for her. Duffy eats it if I mix it with tuna. (Of course,
Holly gets some tuna at the same time!) That is actually the reason I tried
Revolution -- it covers heartworms, fleas, etc., and I made the mistake of
going for the "one product treats all." However, as I described earlier,
Holly showed great dislike for it and Duffy went into *complete panic* mode.
He could easily have been injured because he is blind and was in such a
panic that he ran into several objects before I could get to him. So, I've
gone back to Heartgard -- and it is very, very rare for me to use flea
treatment (and I have *never* needed to treat for other parasites like
ticks) because my cats are indoor-only. As is usually true, I have decided
it's better not to treat for something unless it is specifically needed.

MaryL

Old April 21st 04, 02:21 PM
JBHajos

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:55:55 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

and ht elonger they can go without
needing strong insecticides the better. And if none of us are suffering from
fleas, why bother?

Good idea. Actually, I use Revolution primarily because it
protects against heartworm. Fleas are a minor problem here but the
mosquito population is horrific. Since Speckles already had a run-in
with heartworm (which she miraculously conquered), there's no way I'll
take any chances. Though the kitties are now indoor-only, it's
probably not a huge threat but mosquitoes *do* manage to get into the
house.

Jeanne

Old April 21st 04, 02:47 PM
Victor Martinez

MaryL wrote:
I use Heartgard for heartworm prevention. Holly will eat it from a bowl if
I crumble it for her. Duffy eats it if I mix it with tuna. (Of course,

Maya used to love eating her heartguard, but both Xoxo and Luna would
eat around it, even when crumbled and mixed with food. That's why we
switched to Revolution.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he