Catching up

Old October 24th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Default Catching up

Merlin is a hero. Rob had a chemo treatment on Monday and early Tuesday
morning he woke up nauseated and didn't have time to grab his bucket. He
barfed all over my side of the bed, on the blankets, sheets, pillow and
pillow cases, and Merlin. It took about an hour to clean up the mess and
then I got to wash Merlin down. Merlin was so good about staying still for
me to clean him up. Rob said that when he started barfing, Merlin just
stayed where he was and took the hit. I was sleeping in Mike's room because
my flu morphed into an allergic reaction and then into a cold and now into
a sore throat. Had I been in my rightful place, I would have received a
face full. Merlin forgave Rob right away and laid back down in his usual
place as soon as he and the bed were cleaned up. It took a couple of days
before he forgave me. Today, Rob shaved some of the fur off of his face,
which means that he's feeling pretty good. He looks much better as well.

Mike has a girl friend down in Orlando. She's from Seattle, though she has
ties to North Carolina. Mike put us on the phone with each other and we
talked for quite a while. I like her. Mandi likes classic novels like
"Pride and Prejudice" and "To Kill a Mockingbird." She and Mike both say
that it feels like the other one completes them. Now they are working on
how to get together after their internships at Disney World are done. Mandi
is working retail and he's working custodianship. He's also trying to get
some retail experience, as this might improve his job chances when he gets
back. We hope that it works for them both.

Pine Cone has politely turned down Licorice's advances and Merlin has tried
to interest her instead. Unfortunately, she still seems like she wants PC
instead. Merlin told her that he wants to give her a gold collar and paw
ring and either a gold or white fake fur pillow We'll see how she responds.

The rest of the gang are doing pretty well. Rob has at least three cats on
the bed at any one time and sometimes as many as five. We turned on the
heat for the first time today as the last two weeks have gotten
progressively colder and we even had frost on Monday. Funny thing. A
couple of weeks ago two blossoms on the rhododendron in the front yard
bloomed. Last week, four blossoms on an azalea bloomed. Both tend to bloom
in March or April around here. The crape myrtle are still in blossom and
the trumpet vine that normally blooms briefly in June and again in August,
bloomed from May until a couple of weeks ago. The trees are changing color
earlier than usual this year. Any unusual differences in your weather,
plant, or animal behavior this year?

I must thank you for being so tolerant of my foibles, again. I also want to
send purrs and good wishes to those in need and congrats where they are
deserved. I am currently still residing in Mike's room and finally moved
the lap top there yesterday so that I can go online and not break
quarantine. I miss my bed, but Rob needs to be exposed to my germs about as
much as I need to inherit a flea circus.

Love to you all,
Pam S.

Old October 24th 08, 11:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs for you two and your clowder. I'm glad Rob is feeling better, and
that Merlin was so good. I hope all of your ailments clear up quickly.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

m...

Old October 25th 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Oct 24, 6:19 pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
Merlin is a hero.

Merlin, like any health-care professional, is ready for these
emergencies and trained to handle them. :-,)

You guys are always in my thoughts. And the purrs our household.

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Alfred Tennyson - "Ulysses"

--
Will in New Haven

Old October 25th 08, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Sending a room full of purrs. MLB
Old October 25th 08, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

tanadashoes wrote:
Merlin is a hero. Rob had a chemo treatment on Monday and early Tuesday
morning he woke up nauseated and didn't have time to grab his bucket.

snip Any unusual differences in your weather,
plant, or animal behavior this year?

snip
Love to you all,
Pam S.

September was colder than usual, but October was much warmer and sunnier
than usual here in Slovenia.
We are thinking of you all, sending lots of purrs and hugs,
Polonca and Soncek
Old October 26th 08, 11:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Oh Pam, do I remember the times you just described. However, as you know,
no matter how upsetting they may be at the time, we all live through them.

Hope you recover soon.

Catching up Karen Cat anecdotes 15 August 18th 08 10:27 PM
Catching up Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 4 March 29th 06 10:12 PM
Catching up Victor Martinez Cat anecdotes 4 October 7th 05 05:21 PM
Catching up David Yehudah Cat anecdotes 8 August 20th 03 11:09 AM