Mom! [Somewhat OT]

Old November 23rd 04, 08:28 AM

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

Knowing this has never hurt my feelings; instead, it makes me feel good
to know that my parents really thought about the implications of
bringing a child into the world, and to know that they really wanted me,
or they wouldn't have had me.

It's not really the same situation, but maybe it has similarities.
Ultimately, your mom really wanted you, but maybe she also wonders if
she did the right thing by keeping you. Good parents always want the
best for their kids.

Great answer! Too few people take that part of parenting seriously.

Joyce
Old November 23rd 04, 10:13 AM
Adrian

Cheryl Perkins wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

That is so disheartening. We have a built-in tendency to take our
loved ones seriously, especially our parents. They can hurt us so
much.

And we can hurt them so much. That's part of loving someone. It's
easy to dismiss a stranger who says or does something rude or
hurtful, and of course, a lot of strangers don't do that anyway,
because they learned as children that personal comments are not made
to acquaintances and strangers. Well, some people learned that; the
ones who comment on others' weight clearly didn't.

But no one can hurt you more than someone you love, who loves you.

Aint that the truth. :-(
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old November 24th 04, 06:49 PM
SUQKRT

In article , "CatNipped"
wrote:

Sorry, I'll get off my rant now (it seems to be the week for rants!!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Holiday bring up memories sometime. So rant now, and I'm sure (from what I know
of you) you be there to listen to someone elses rant.
Suz
Macmoosette

"People that hate cats will come back as mice in their next life."
--Faith Resnick

|\__/|
(=':'=)
(")_(")

Old November 24th 04, 10:17 PM
Enfilade

When I was a child, I didn't understand how anyone could fear cats
the way she did and does. Now, I realize she can't help it

As I said, some people probably do fear being bitten or scratched, but
many are just revolted.

I have a clinical phobia. I have difficulty even looking at
photographs of the object of my phobia. I realize that the item in
question cannot harm me, but I would still rather cut off my hand than
have to touch one. If I do by chance see one, I can look forward to
waking up screaming from nightmares all night as I "see" them in my
head.

So if she has a clinical phobia of cats, then it is nothing personal,
she just finds the very image/idea of one upsetting, for no logical
reason. That's hard when you want to share this part of your life,
but it is also something beyond both your and her control.

I am very grateful the object of my phobia is rare, and not an animal.
I can handle snakes, tarantulas--and cats--all day

--Fil

Old November 25th 04, 02:05 AM
badwilson

"Enfilade" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Oh, now I'm curious. What is it?
I am a mothophobe. I'm scared of moths and butterflies. But I can
look at pictures of them and I can look at dead ones behind glass. I
just can't be around any live ones because I'm terrified of the powder
on their wings coming off on my skin. Their erratic flight path makes
them so unpredictable, so I need to stay as far away as possible from
them. I often scream in public when I see one and then everyone
thinks I'm totally nuts :-(
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old November 25th 04, 03:35 AM

badwilson wrote:

I am very grateful the object of my phobia is rare, and not an
animal.
--Fil

Oh, now I'm curious. What is it?

Me, too! Can you say its name? (When I was a kid, I was even afraid
to say the names of the things I was afraid of, so I would understand
if you felt the same way.)

I am a mothophobe. I'm scared of moths and butterflies...
I often scream in public when I see one and then everyone
thinks I'm totally nuts :-(

But you're not as weird as TJ, who barely bats an eye at scorpions,
rattlesnakes, killer bees, tarantulas, and herds of javalinas, but
will run screaming from a moth.

Joyce - no phobias here, no siree (NOT!)