Miranda on da nip redux

Old April 15th 08, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Default Miranda on da nip redux

I fiddled about with the video a little. It's very light now but at
least you can see what's happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv88ZhE76Oc

Old April 15th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
I fiddled about with the video a little. It's very light now but at least
you can see what's happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv88ZhE76Oc

Ah, that's better!

I tried some catnip on KFC when she was a bit younge. Iit has no effect on
her, which is a pity as she's always been rather a serious and grumpy little
cat who's had a hard life and I thought it might give her a bit of
enjoyment.
Boyfie indulges occasionally. I can only get the dried (which is quite
expensive for only a little bit) and I give it to him in a little cloth bag
which he will throw around, and rub his face on. Sometimes he takes it in
his mouth to play with and it makes him salivate but the effect only lasts
about 10 minutes.
When I get my garden up and going again - so much damage has been done to it
from the building work next door that it will need quite a lot of
reinstatement - I'm going to grow some for him.

All bad things come to an end eventually, and that project is finally
finished. It nearly drove me mad with the destruction they caused here over
9 months or so. When my lovely tree was chopped down in front of me to make
a point it was the end of my patience with them. I wished him bad luck on
selling the house for doing that and I told him so.

The house is finished. It's on the market for 399,950 British pounds.
None of my friends who have watched it being built would touch it with a
barge pole. There are now two estate agent boards outside which smacks of
desperation. Good! May they never sell it for 20 years for trashing my
place and disappearing without putting it right, even though they said they
would.
I am faced with a huge bill to get a contractor in to get rid of the
concrete that they poured everywhere and overflowed and the mounds of earth
they pushed off their plot on to mine. It will cost thousands.
I miss my lovely neighbours who lived next door until a couple of years ago.
Some might have said that their house was getting a bit derelict. I didn't
mind as we shared a plan to let our big gardens go quite wild for the birds
and wildlife. and it was wonderful as we did it over 20 years.
I was devastated when he died suddenly and his widow was persuaded to move
away by her children. It was possibly better for her to move to a warm
bungalow. I'm still in touch with her and she wishes she hadn't done it now
she sees what's happened here. I wish that too.
One particular thing I miss. Alan used to have a real fire like me. I used
to hear him with his shovel scraping up his coke from his bunker nearly
every night if I happened to go outside.
I didn't realise how secure that made me feel until he was gone.
I'm suffering from "proper" neighbour deprivation.

Tweed

Old April 16th 08, 09:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message
I fiddled about with the video a little. It's very light now but at least
you can see what's happening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv88ZhE76Oc

Ah, that's better!

I tried some catnip on KFC when she was a bit younge. Iit has no effect on
her, which is a pity as she's always been rather a serious and grumpy little
cat who's had a hard life and I thought it might give her a bit of
enjoyment.

Miranda has never experienced hardship in her life - always been a
pampered housecat. She hunts and kills voles on the island, but she
doesn't know what to do with them after that (I so wish she could have
had at least one summer with Nikki - Nikki would have showed her that
they are FOOD).

Boyfie indulges occasionally. I can only get the dried (which is quite
expensive for only a little bit) and I give it to him in a little cloth bag
which he will throw around, and rub his face on. Sometimes he takes it in
his mouth to play with and it makes him salivate but the effect only lasts
about 10 minutes.
When I get my garden up and going again - so much damage has been done to it
from the building work next door that it will need quite a lot of
reinstatement - I'm going to grow some for him.

I've bought catnip seeds to sow this spring. I'm not very hopeful though
- the last batch never grew at all.

All bad things come to an end eventually, and that project is finally
finished.

I'm glad it's over, but so very sorry for all the destruction and
heartbreak they caused. Some people, eh?

Old April 17th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message

All bad things come to an end eventually, and that project is finally
finished.

I'm glad it's over, but so very sorry for all the destruction and
heartbreak they caused. Some people, eh?

He hasn't considered his karma. Somehow no-one seems to want to look at it,
let alone buy it ) Good.
It's ruined the house sparrow project I was doing too for the local
university. They took out the hedge which was a sparrow roost and now they
are not nesting here (mine was the best sparrow habitat until then) House
sparrows are now endangered in the UK.

Old April 17th 08, 12:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Marina" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Marina" wrote in message

All bad things come to an end eventually, and that project is finally
finished.

I'm glad it's over, but so very sorry for all the destruction and
heartbreak they caused. Some people, eh?

He hasn't considered his karma. Somehow no-one seems to want to look at
it, let alone buy it ) Good.
It's ruined the house sparrow project I was doing too for the local
university. They took out the hedge which was a sparrow roost and now
they are not nesting here (mine was the best sparrow habitat until then)
House sparrows are now endangered in the UK.

It would be nice if you could afford to get someone to push their mess back
onto their property before its sold.

We had really bad feelings when my parents home was sold. They were having
to move into assisted living. The real estate agents told the prospective
buyers this and they took advantage badly. The house was on the side of a
mountain, and I used to go to sleep at night wishing it would slide down
the hill on them.

We went back when my mother died. There was a new set of owners who had
bought the house at a further bargain, so those that took advantage didn't
have any permanent gain. The current owners have done wonders with the
house and the land it is on. So nice to go to sleep knowing it is being
lovingly cared for.

Jo