Hero Cat Saves Boy From Dog

Old May 15th 14, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Hero Cat Saves Boy From Dog

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...F_Rd_s%26s%3D1

or

http://tinyurl.com/k35o4vb
Old May 15th 14, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 5/14/2014 6:14 PM, wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...F_Rd_s%26s%3D1

or

http://tinyurl.com/k35o4vb

Aw, you beat me to it! I was going to post about this.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited
Colorful Crocheted Critters
Old May 15th 14, 12:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane[_3_]

On Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:13:36 AM UTC-4, Joy wrote:
On 5/14/2014 6:14 PM, wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...F_Rd_s%26s%3D1

or

http://tinyurl.com/k35o4vb

Aw, you beat me to it! I was going to post about this.

Joy

--

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

I've seen that video over and over now, online and on the news at home, and I'm still amazed at it. What a wonderful cat!! I hope he got all of the tunas he deserved.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old May 15th 14, 01:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 5/14/2014 6:14 PM, wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...F_Rd_s%26s%3D1

or

http://tinyurl.com/k35o4vb

Aw, you beat me to it! I was going to post about this.

Joy

--

Joy Unlimited

Colorful Crocheted Critters

Photos at http://www.PictureTrail.com/joy9

I've seen that video over and over now, online and on the news at home, and I'm still amazed at it. What a wonderful cat!! I hope he got all of the tunas he deserved.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

The Today show had the family on and the cat.

Ann
Old May 15th 14, 02:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 5/14/2014 9:14 PM, wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...F_Rd_s%26s%3D1

or

http://tinyurl.com/k35o4vb

I saw this yesterday and was absolutely amazed. What a great cat!

Jill
Old May 16th 14, 03:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Joy wrote:
On 5/14/2014 6:14 PM, wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...F_Rd_s%26s%3D1

or

http://tinyurl.com/k35o4vb

Aw, you beat me to it! I was going to post about this.

Joy

It made all the news broadcasts in Arizona, last evening! A friend of
mine had a twenty-pound marmalade tomcat who used to regularly beat up
her next-door neighbor's yappy little miniature poodle whenever the
yapping got on his nerves, but Billy was closer to the poodle's size -
the dog in the news story was quite a bit bigger than the cat who
attacked him in defense of its human.
Old May 16th 14, 07:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 5/15/2014 7:09 PM, EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

Joy wrote:
On 5/14/2014 6:14 PM, wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/bes...F_Rd_s%26s%3D1

or

http://tinyurl.com/k35o4vb

Aw, you beat me to it! I was going to post about this.

Joy

It made all the news broadcasts in Arizona, last evening! A friend of
mine had a twenty-pound marmalade tomcat who used to regularly beat up
her next-door neighbor's yappy little miniature poodle whenever the
yapping got on his nerves, but Billy was closer to the poodle's size -
the dog in the news story was quite a bit bigger than the cat who
attacked him in defense of its human.

Yes, he was. I used to have a cat that had all the cats and most of the
dogs in our neighborhood terrorized, but he never did anything like that.

Joy

Old May 17th 14, 03:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 15 May 2014 20:48:12 +0100, Judith Latham
wrote:
What an absolutely wonderful and brave cat! I loved the way that when the
dog backed off the cat chased it away then went back to the little boy.
Who says cats don't love their humans?

It's made the news over here. I saw it this morning on the BBC news and
when I told them at work about it, one of the girls got it up on youtube
on her phone and we all watched it. It's been on news again tonight so
I've recorded it as it shows the cat attacking the dog in slow motion.

I think the cat is called Tara and she took all the attention in such a
laid back way.

It was a wonderful story about the bond between a cat and her person.

It's too bad about the dog though. I don't know if it was poorly trained or
had poor temperament, but it's not its fault that it wasn't properly
controlled.
Old May 17th 14, 05:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:
What an absolutely wonderful and brave cat! I loved the way that when the
dog backed off the cat chased it away then went back to the little boy.
Who says cats don't love their humans?

It's made the news over here. I saw it this morning on the BBC news and
when I told them at work about it, one of the girls got it up on youtube
on her phone and we all watched it. It's been on news again tonight so
I've recorded it as it shows the cat attacking the dog in slow motion.

I think the cat is called Tara and she took all the attention in such a
laid back way.

It was a wonderful story about the bond between a cat and her person.

It's too bad about the dog though. I don't know if it was poorly trained or
had poor temperament, but it's not its fault that it wasn't properly
controlled.

Allegedly, someone left the gate to the (fenced) yard open so the dog
escaped. The video makes it clear the little boy wasn't doing anything
to irritate the dog. So, yes, poorly trained or just didn't like
strangers. Still, it was a completely unprovoked attack. I feel bad
for the dog but it could have killed that child.

Jill
Old May 17th 14, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 17 May 2014 12:06:36 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
On 5/17/2014 10:51 AM, Takayuki wrote:
It was a wonderful story about the bond between a cat and her person.

It's too bad about the dog though. I don't know if it was poorly trained or
had poor temperament, but it's not its fault that it wasn't properly
controlled.

Allegedly, someone left the gate to the (fenced) yard open so the dog
escaped. The video makes it clear the little boy wasn't doing anything
to irritate the dog. So, yes, poorly trained or just didn't like
strangers. Still, it was a completely unprovoked attack. I feel bad
for the dog but it could have killed that child.

A certain tortie has taught me all about unprovoked attacks.

My Hero! Marina Cat anecdotes 11 August 8th 09 04:36 PM
OT A PET HERO Matthew Cat anecdotes 9 July 3rd 06 06:32 AM
Dulce Mae is my hero Marina Cat anecdotes 0 May 29th 06 04:49 AM
My Li' Hero Mary Pelis Cat anecdotes 38 April 24th 04 09:58 PM
News Story: Man Saves Cat; Cat Saves Man Karen Cat health & behaviour 2 January 28th 04 08:32 PM