They only drink out of the sink!

Old May 7th 05, 03:48 PM
blueberries79

Default They only drink out of the sink!

I give Gabe and Oreo fresh water two times a day (when I feed them) but
neither of them seem to want to drink out of their bowl. It is fresh water
and the bowl is clean. However, they DO like to drink out of the sink.
When I am getting ready in the morning, they jump up on the counter and
expect me to stop the sink and put water in for them to drink. They also do
this in the evenings when I am at home. I leave their water bowl out in
case they want it during the day when we're at work, but to be honest, I
dont think they use it. It is hard to tell when there seems to be less
water b/c Gabe will pull it around and dump it out sometimes. It doesn't
bother me at all, just wondering if anyone else had similar problems with
their cats. We've considered one of those electric ones that recirculates
the water, but haven't purchased one yet.

Old May 7th 05, 06:49 PM
John Ross Mc Master

On Sat, 7 May 2005 10:48:26 -0400, "blueberries79"
wrote:

I give Gabe and Oreo fresh water two times a day (when I feed them) but
neither of them seem to want to drink out of their bowl. It is fresh water
and the bowl is clean. However, they DO like to drink out of the sink.
When I am getting ready in the morning, they jump up on the counter and
expect me to stop the sink and put water in for them to drink. They also do
this in the evenings when I am at home. I leave their water bowl out in
case they want it during the day when we're at work, but to be honest, I
dont think they use it. It is hard to tell when there seems to be less
water b/c Gabe will pull it around and dump it out sometimes. It doesn't
bother me at all, just wondering if anyone else had similar problems with
their cats. We've considered one of those electric ones that recirculates
the water, but haven't purchased one yet.

I keep a trickle running in the bathroom sink at all times to keep my
baby happy. Its cheaper than buying a recirculing pump, and it's
something that takes no effort on your part.
Old May 7th 05, 06:53 PM
bigbadbarry

blueberries79 wrote:
[...]

This is just off top my head, but, maybe use two bowls one for each.

Old May 7th 05, 06:54 PM
blueberries79

wrote:

[...]

Wouldnt the extra water costs over the days, weeks months... etc... be more
expensive than $30, or whatever they cost? I thought of that but it seemed
like it would get that way.

Old May 7th 05, 07:53 PM
John Ross Mc Master

On Sat, 7 May 2005 13:54:30 -0400, "blueberries79"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

They bill you for water? Are you in a desert? Even if you are , a tiny
trickle of water, maybe 2 litres per hour, can't cost that much. And
the cats are so happy with fresh running water.
Old May 7th 05, 08:02 PM
.oO rach Oo.

I don't know if I'd bother if I were you. Our Delilah and Stella both have
their own bowls too. Clean, fresh water, right by their food. However, the
prefer to climb on the desk, onto the computer, jump on the next shelf,
climb on the wooden box and drink out of a square Ikea vase. Stella has done
that since she was a kitten. In fact, in the beginning, she was so little,
she needed help onto the desk... just sat there meowing until lifted up,
then would haul herself up all that to the vase. At the time, there was a
bamboo plant in it. I quickly learned I was going to lose the battle and
moved the bamboo elsewhere and accepted that was her new water dish. I even
bought new water dishes and they both ignored them.

I keep fresh water in it from the filter and figure as long as they're
drinking, it's all ok.

--
..oO rach Oo.

Old May 7th 05, 08:26 PM
John Ross Mc Master

On Sat, 7 May 2005 15:02:38 -0400, ".oO rach Oo."
wrote:

I don't know if I'd bother if I were you. Our Delilah and Stella both have
their own bowls too. Clean, fresh water, right by their food. However, the
prefer to climb on the desk, onto the computer, jump on the next shelf,
climb on the wooden box and drink out of a square Ikea vase.

Maybe they are Swedish!

Old May 7th 05, 08:42 PM

My cat seems to like the water after it comes out of a filter jug,
filters out some of the chemicals. Thats why lots of cats turn their
nose up at tapwater but will happily drink the rainwater outside.
Also, I only change his water once a day, as the water comes from the
fridge and is too cold, they dont like it too cold.

Old May 7th 05, 08:43 PM
bigbadbarry

..oO rach Oo. wrote:
I don't know if I'd bother if I were you. Our Delilah and Stella both

have
their own bowls too. Clean, fresh water, right by their food.

However, the

that gives me an idea

maybe they think the water up high is cleaner, just something
instinctual

I wonder if blueberries put their bowl on something high up, they will
take a shine to it.

Someone mentioned leave a faucet slightly on, then blueberries figured
it may not be efficient; but running the sink full of water, just to
let it back out...

Old May 7th 05, 09:24 PM
blueberries79

wrote:

[...]

We get billed extra if we go over a certain amount. It's a new
house/neighborhood so I dont know what our normal usage is yet, but I dont
think its more than $5/month if we go over our allotment. I will have to
check into that, its a good idea though. Better than then trying to get
into the toilet if my husband leaves the seat up!!!