away for three weeks

Old June 29th 16, 04:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default away for three weeks

I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
I meet.

Old June 29th 16, 07:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 6/29/2016 8:01 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
I meet.

Have a great trip!
Old June 29th 16, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Jack Campin wrote:

I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
I meet.

Music festivals?

--
Joyce

If your kid comes out of the bedroom and says he just shut down the
government, it seems to me he should at least have an outfit for that."
-- John Waters, on the sorry style of today's rebels

Old June 30th 16, 08:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Bastette wrote:
Jack Campin wrote:
I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
I meet.

Music festivals?

A folk music camp at Karad near Lake Balaton (the "Meta tabor"),
then I'm going to visit my stepdaughters in Rijeka.

Old June 30th 16, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/29/2016 11:01 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
I meet.

Better late than never, have a wonderful trip!

Jill
Old August 1st 16, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Jack Campin wrote:
Bastette wrote:
Jack Campin wrote:
I'm off to Hungary and Croatia for three weeks starting tomorrow.
Won't be able to access Usenet there. I'll report back on moggies
I meet.

Music festivals?

A folk music camp at Karad near Lake Balaton (the "Meta tabor"),
then I'm going to visit my stepdaughters in Rijeka.

And I'm back.

Not many cats to report from Hungary - the places I went, people
seemed to like ferocious guard dogs. There was one sweet little
kitten in the first hostel I stayed in in Budapest, the "Keramiapark"
(very odd outfit, its main business was ceramic workshops for children
but with a B&B on the side). She persuaded me to leave a sachet of
catfood behind for her.

Lots of cats around my stepdaughter's place - she lives on the third
floor of a five-storey block of flats and you can look down to see
them all mooching around the neighbours' gardens. She's a phenomenal
cat whisperer and has a young cat she took from being a feral kitten
to a lap fungus - I could pick him up and drape him round my neck
like a scarf. But it's not a big flat, it has lots of places where
he can perch and see the big outside, and he wants down there. She'd
have been better off with a fat, lazy old cat.