Why doesn't he knead?

Old November 23rd 04, 05:11 AM
Priscilla Ballou

Default Why doesn't he knead?

Francis, my approx. 4 month old kitten who was handed to me at 4 weeks
is the sweetest cuddliest little guy (when he's not dashing around
grabbing ankles and trying to bite), but he does not knead. Sometimes I
see him curling his feet in pleasure, but that's it.

Can anyone speculate (reasonably) why?

Priscilla

--
"It is very, very dangerous to treat any human, lowest
of the low even, with contempt and arrogant whatever.
Old November 23rd 04, 05:38 AM
Cheryl

On Mon 22 Nov 2004 11:11:11p, Priscilla Ballou wrote in
rec.pets.cats.health+behav
):

Francis, my approx. 4 month old kitten who was handed to me at 4
weeks is the sweetest cuddliest little guy (when he's not
dashing around grabbing ankles and trying to bite), but he does
not knead. Sometimes I see him curling his feet in pleasure,
but that's it.

Can anyone speculate (reasonably) why?

Priscilla

Shamrock doesn't knead either. He sometimes tries to, but instead he
just shifts his weight from one foot to the other. He came to me at
about a year old. I don't know his history other than that someone
fed him and he was a stray, and they had to move and turned him in to
a local rescue group because he was just too friendly to be a feral.

--
Cheryl
Old November 23rd 04, 05:39 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-11-23, Priscilla Ballou penned:
Francis, my approx. 4 month old kitten who was handed to me at 4 weeks is
the sweetest cuddliest little guy (when he's not dashing around grabbing
ankles and trying to bite), but he does not knead. Sometimes I see him
curling his feet in pleasure, but that's it.

Can anyone speculate (reasonably) why?

Priscilla

Seems like Oscar kneads to reassure herself. Maybe Francis is just so
self-assured he doesn't need that sissy kneading kitty-meditation technique?

Okay, maybe that's not reasonable.

--
monique

Old November 23rd 04, 10:08 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
Francis, my approx. 4 month old kitten who was handed to me at 4 weeks
is the sweetest cuddliest little guy (when he's not dashing around
grabbing ankles and trying to bite), but he does not knead. Sometimes I
see him curling his feet in pleasure, but that's it.

Can anyone speculate (reasonably) why?

Priscilla

Nope; I wondered the same about Demelza, & she never told me why she didn't
knead when younger. She now does, but she didn't start to do it till she
was a few years old.

Cathy

Old November 23rd 04, 11:06 PM
Steve G

Priscilla Ballou wrote:
(...)

Can anyone speculate (reasonably) why?

He has no knead.

Steve.

Old November 24th 04, 12:16 AM
soft

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:08:25 -0500, "Cathy Friedmann"
wrote:

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
Francis, my approx. 4 month old kitten who was handed to me at 4 weeks
is the sweetest cuddliest little guy (when he's not dashing around
grabbing ankles and trying to bite), but he does not knead. Sometimes I
see him curling his feet in pleasure, but that's it.

Can anyone speculate (reasonably) why?

Priscilla

Nope; I wondered the same about Demelza, & she never told me why she didn't
knead when younger. She now does, but she didn't start to do it till she
was a few years old.

Cathy

same here with Lancelot. He did not knead until he was about 10 months
old. His favorite thing to knead is the pillows.

Karryl

http://www.i-love-cats.com/meow/soft63389/index.htm
Old November 24th 04, 01:32 PM
Dick Peavey

"Priscilla Ballou" wrote in message
Francis, my approx. 4 month old kitten who was handed to me at 4 weeks
is the sweetest cuddliest little guy (when he's not dashing around
grabbing ankles and trying to bite), but he does not knead. Sometimes
see him curling his feet in pleasure, but that's it.

Can anyone speculate (reasonably) why?

Squeaky didn't knead at first. He was abandoned and/or feral. We adopted
each other, and for a while he was quite timid. He would tumble at my
feet for petting, but didn't knead or purr. In my diary I noted when he
first dared to purr. After a couple of months he also kneaded. He now
kneads vigorously.

I think it's timidity, and in Squeaky's case from wildness. Keep giving
Francis love and reassurances.

--
Dick