skinny cat

Old March 21st 04, 03:19 AM
Taxievan

Default skinny cat

I have a 2 year old barn/house cat that we worm as well as her 2 friends. The
other 2 are pleasingly rounded and Tigger is very skinny, she eats but never
puts on any weight. What else?
Old March 21st 04, 04:04 AM
Gail

Could be that she still has worms. The wormer may not be doing the trick. I
would bring a stool sample to the vet to check. Also, she could have an
overactive thyroid. A third possibility is that she is thin naturally.
Gail

Old March 21st 04, 04:10 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Taxievan" wrote in message
I have a 2 year old barn/house cat that we worm as well as her 2 friends.

The
other 2 are pleasingly rounded and Tigger is very skinny, she eats but

never
puts on any weight. What else?

Three possible scenarios pop into my mind:

1) She still has worms, despite what you've been giving her. I'd have a vet
check it out.

2) Despite being young, maybe she's hyperthyroid. (again, a vet check -
simplish blood work)

3) She's simply a naturally thin, yet healthy cat. (if vet deems her to
have no worms, thyroid's fine, no other probs)

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old March 21st 04, 04:29 AM
Dennis Carr

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:10:22 -0500, Cathy Friedmann wrote:

1) She still has worms, despite what you've been giving her. I'd have a vet
check it out.

Cathy makes a good point here - a vet will point out that an OTC
dewormer will not get all parasites.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old March 21st 04, 07:17 PM
Sunflower

"Taxievan" wrote in message
I have a 2 year old barn/house cat that we worm as well as her 2 friends.

The
other 2 are pleasingly rounded and Tigger is very skinny, she eats but

never
puts on any weight. What else?

Has she been tested for Feline Leukemia and Feline Aids and then vaccinated
against them?