Cat dreams

Old October 22nd 04, 02:12 PM
ceb

Default Cat dreams

Greetings,

Last night when she was sitting on my lap, sleeping, Rosalie did that
twitchy thing cats do when they are (apparently) dreaming -- I have always
woken my cats up when they did this, on the chance that it was a bad dream
that had them so agitated (and it's not like they have any trouble getting
back to sleep or having to go to work overtired!) so I petted her and she
woke up. She had this look that seemed to say "thank god it's you!!" and
she head butted me for several minutes, demanding scritchies.

You just wonder what they dream about. Nickleby would just purr if I woke
him up, I don't think his dreams were too disturbing. And Madeline would
wake up seeming totally confused, like "who are you and where am I???" It
was pretty funny.

Do you wake your cats up when they dream? Do they act funny when you do?

--Catherine
& Rosalie the dreaming calicohead
Old October 22nd 04, 03:14 PM
Phil P.

"ceb" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings,

Last night when she was sitting on my lap, sleeping, Rosalie did that
twitchy thing cats do when they are (apparently) dreaming -- I have always
woken my cats up when they did this, on the chance that it was a bad dream

She was probably having a nightmare about being declawed.

Old October 22nd 04, 03:30 PM
ceb

"Phil P." wrote in
:

"ceb" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings,

Last night when she was sitting on my lap, sleeping, Rosalie did that
twitchy thing cats do when they are (apparently) dreaming -- I have
always woken my cats up when they did this, on the chance that it was
a bad dream

She was probably having a nightmare about being declawed.

Huh? She isn't declawed.

--Catherine
& Rosalie the calicohead

Old October 22nd 04, 04:29 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
ceb wrote:

Greetings,

Last night when she was sitting on my lap, sleeping, Rosalie did that
twitchy thing cats do when they are (apparently) dreaming -- I have always
woken my cats up when they did this, on the chance that it was a bad dream
that had them so agitated (and it's not like they have any trouble getting
back to sleep or having to go to work overtired!) so I petted her and she
woke up. She had this look that seemed to say "thank god it's you!!" and
she head butted me for several minutes, demanding scritchies.

You just wonder what they dream about. Nickleby would just purr if I woke
him up, I don't think his dreams were too disturbing. And Madeline would
wake up seeming totally confused, like "who are you and where am I???" It
was pretty funny.

Do you wake your cats up when they dream? Do they act funny when you do?

I figure mine are dreaming of chasing prey and sinking their fangs into
warm throats, so I leave them alone to enjoy it. ;-)

Congrats again on convincing Rosalie to trust your lap!

Priscilla

Old October 22nd 04, 05:34 PM
Phil P.

"ceb" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote in
:

"ceb" wrote in message
.. .
Greetings,

Last night when she was sitting on my lap, sleeping, Rosalie did that
twitchy thing cats do when they are (apparently) dreaming -- I have
always woken my cats up when they did this, on the chance that it was
a bad dream

She was probably having a nightmare about being declawed.

Huh? She isn't declawed.

You missed one??

May be she just didn't meet your criteria for declawing: "undernourished,
starving to death, euthanised, or
stuck in a cage".

Old October 22nd 04, 05:34 PM
Phil P.

"ceb" wrote in message
"Phil P." wrote in
:

.. .

Old October 22nd 04, 05:52 PM
Steve G

Phil P. wrote:
(...)

You missed one??

May be she just didn't meet your criteria for declawing:

"undernourished,
starving to death, euthanised, or stuck in a cage".

Er, Phil mate - I know you're getting old, and the world is more
confusing for you these days, but FYI:

ceb ceb2

ceb2 is the declawer (AOL email addy). Not ceb (.edu email addy).
HTH HAND,

Steve.