Kitty story project - how I found my onetruehome by Boyfriend

Old September 2nd 04, 07:40 PM
Christina Websell

Default Kitty story project - how I found my onetruehome by Boyfriend

Hello, all you cats and their hoomins

blush

I'm shy. I'll try to tell you my story because now I am just so happy.
Soooo happy.
This is what happened. Somehow I lost my hoomins and my home and I became
very frightened because I was only a teenager and I didn't know what to do.
I wandered around trying to find my home, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
It was winter and I was hungry and cold when I went into one particular
large garden then I saw a little old tuxedo girlkitty strolling down the
path.
She didn't seem all that pleased to see me either. She growled at me, so I
sat down and tried to make myself look pleasant. "I've lost my home" I told
her. "That's just too bad" she replied "this one is Mine, all Mine. It
took me 7 years to get inside, had to wait until all the dogs went to RB so
clear off, youngun."
I cleared off. I saw her again a couple of days later with a collared dove
in her mouth. "Oh, please teach me to hunt" I begged. "I'm so hungry and
I don't seem to be any good at it."
She looked at me suspiciously, then her expression changed. "You're just a
lad, aren't you?" she asked. "Yes" I said, snivelling. "OK, then, watch
me, but you aren't ever coming in the house, you know, but I'll teach you
how to fend for yourself.."

I followed Kitty everywhere. I did everything she did. If she sat down, I
sat down, at a respectful distance, of course, and when she got up, so did
I.

I felt a bit envious, because she was allowed into the house, but I was too
scared to even go near it,
until one day, it was so cold, that I crept into the conservatory at the
dead of night, through a broken pane. There was a box and blanket in there
and I slept really well. Too well because I was still asleep when the back
door opened and a hoomin came out. Aaaargh. I woke up and darted away
through the window. Phew.

It was so comfy to sleep there that I returned every night. Still not very
good at hunting, and I became rather thin and the hoomin noticed. Before
that, I think she thought I was someone else's cat, wandering at leisure,
especially as I still had my whatnots, you know, kitten making things.
So she began to put food in the conservatory for me. I fell upon it because
I was absolutely starving. I still didn't trust her. Add to that, that
Kitty boxed my ears if she thought I had ideas on her hard-won home, and
you'll understand why I sneaked around.

The hoomin advertised me as found on the local radio, but apparently no-one
cared enough to say I was theirs. I wanted this home, so sometimes I used
to sneak into the kitchen if the door was open and no-one was there and eat
Kitty Farmcat's food, which was often nicer than mine.

I'll cut a long story short now. I learned to trust the hoomin, she is now
my meowmie (even though she took me to TED's in June, and I woke up with
some bits missing) I know she cares about me. Actually, because I am such a
good natured chap, I think she's rather smitten with me.
I'm so happy now that I have my onetruehome. (I could have died..)
dramatics

love from
Boyfriend
(which isn't really my name, but meowmie doesn't understand when I try to
tell her what it is)

Old September 3rd 04, 12:32 PM
KellyH

Awww... That was such a sweet story! Loved it!

--
-Kelly
kelly at farringtons dot net

Old September 3rd 04, 08:19 PM
Exocat

Adorable! May you have many, many happy years together (I can tell
from the posts of both of you how well you suit each other)

Purrs

Gordon & the Terrible Trio

--
Feline family viewable at:
http://community.webshots.com/user/exocat

"Christina Websell" wrote

Old September 3rd 04, 09:58 PM
Christina Websell

"Exocat" wrote in message
t...
Adorable! May you have many, many happy years together (I can tell
from the posts of both of you how well you suit each other)

Purrs

Gordon & the Terrible Trio

In all my life I have had two scratchy-bitey cats. I thought cats were all
like that, being a d*g person.
Boyfriend doesn't have a scratch or bite in him. I once carried him down
the stairs when I found him on the spare bed. I dangled him because I
didn't have a stair rail. I knew he didn't like it much, but he allowed me
to dangle him without retaliating. Kitty would have scratched me to bits.

He is just a darling. I never met a cat like him before and I love him to
bits. He is a sweet, gentle soul. He worries.
My German friend wanted to take him home with her. Not allowed. This is
his onetruehome.

When I get myself a digital camera, I'll post pics.

Tweed

Old September 4th 04, 11:17 AM
Adrian

Christina Websell wrote:
[...]